• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact mk2 magical silencer

Hallo.. I need some help guys. I won’t to buy a DonnyFl sumo silencer for my impact. I have a Air Arms Q-TEc silencer on my Brocock Bantam. So I put it on the impact for a test and there was no difference in sound level. I open the Fx silencer and it’s a open tube. Yes a open tube. How is this possible. And one more question.... will the Sumo be quieter. My gun is .22 and the Q-TEc is in .22. 

Hallo.. I need some help guys. I won’t to buy a DonnyFl sumo silencer for my impact. I have a Air Arms Q-TEc silencer on my Brocock Bantam. So I put it on the impact for a test and there was no difference in sound level. I open the Fx silencer and it’s a open tube. Yes a open tube. How is this possible. And one more question.... will the Sumo be quieter. My gun is .22 and the Q-TEc is in .22.

The DonnyFL Sumo "silencer" is slightly more effective in dampening the report than the FX stackable moderator on my FX Impacts in .22 and .25 cal.

The fx ldc, not a silencer. Silencer are illegal to own without $200 stamp, background check and a few years waiting period. Its called a ldc. Aka lead dust collector. The fx ldc is hollow. It doesnt need baffles. The hollow tube still works it to quiet the gun.

OP is in the Netherlands per the profile.... diff. And airgun use only mods are not specifically illegal (on an airgun) in the US. Some states make tougher rules. I agree with the above poster, The Sumo will be a little more effective than the FX mods but it really depends on you expectations/power level.

I have tried the shorter tatsu on my impact, and the FX empty tube moderator is a litle more quiet. Have no experiance with the sumo. The shroud on the impact probably does some of the sound dampening, letting the air blast enter the shroud before going into the ldc. If I want my impact to be a lilte quieter than it is now, a weihrauch, or a hogan decimeter makes it a lilte more quiet. The hogan I have used in 25 cal, is rather unexpensive. But I have choosed to stick with the FX shroud, and empty tube moderator, as it is light, relative short, and quiet enough. 

The DonnyFL Sumo "silencer" is slightly more effective in dampening the report than the FX stackable moderator on my FX Impacts in .22 and .25 cal.

Thanks all for the reactions. Question: you said the Sumo is a bit quieter. Does the pellets group better with the sumo. 

Thanks all for the reactions. Question: you said the Sumo is a bit quieter. Does the pellets group better with the sumo.

I can not ansver that question, but what likely will happen is that the POI will be lower on the target as the DonnyFL is heavier than the stock FX. If you tune the gun with either moderator, and swap, one may perform better than the other. If you watch Ted Bier`s videos, he often use the stock mod, with good results, so there is nothing wrong with it. Also a portion of the air blast goes into the shroud, before it enters the mod, so both work together. Also the gun is probably tuned from the factory with the stock mod, so if you change the moderator, you might end off with a worse result with the same tune.