Tuning FX Impact Mk2/M3 - slower first shot - no reg creep - quasi-scientific analysis

Well now you know why if you watch a hunting video the guy shoots his Impact before he hunts. He does it to check his zero. What he does off camera is dump some shots so he doesn’t look foolish with his little box on his barrel and the chick on his phone spitting out weird numbers. Also saves editing time.

I am pretty sure FX is listening and they are tracking users feedback. How the EAD goes (engineering approved deviation) against the production? That must be driven by number of complains.
A "Problem" described in this thread is more a problem for you then for me. Honestly back in time I missed this thread for several weeks and bounced in by coincidence only.
What is the average number / year users complaining for dis and dat? Is a complain justified for warranty repair or replacement? If there would be a "decent n umber" of replaced parts I am sure that would trigger a Design Change. Or maybe a next model will have totally different internals.
But again we are not in same boat, I am shooting and scoring rings only from a high powerstroke machine, and my first several shots are calculated waste of air only.
If that were the case they would have addressed the trigger design a long time ago.

Well now you know why if you watch a hunting video the guy shoots his Impact before he hunts. He does it to check his zero. What he does off camera is dump some shots so he doesn’t look foolish with his little box on his barrel and the chick on his phone spitting out weird numbers. Also saves editing time.
I was amused watching the footage at rmac…
Shooters were given the opportunity to “dumps shots” just before they settled in to compete

Well I finished my shroud added the heaviest huma hammer weight have amp reg set at 110 and power wheel on max with my hammer spring adjuster backed off a extra 1/4 turn after I was just able to cock it and the 720 plenum on my mk2 34 gr jsb mk2 were flying at 950 with the valve adjuster wide open and 43.5 gr nsa .250 slugs at 854 fps I cranked the power wheel all the way down to 1 and it was running right around 920 with the mk2 used the valve adjuster to knock fps down to a average of 905 on 6 shots so I'm thinking if I wanted to try some 40 gr slugs later with out changing my tune very much just crank the power wheel and open valve adjuster should be able to get around the 900 fps area also added a barrel holder I sighted in at 30 and checked my dope sheet at 80 and I'm still on with that seems to be using less air with the 720 plenum I suppose though there is more on tap for it to use I had to adjust my rings some for the 0 moa back bone wanted the scope to stay pretty close to the middle it was off about a mil and half to right which wasnt bad for having everything apart

If that were the case they would have addressed the trigger design a long time ago.
What is wrong with that your trigger? a little 10 minutes polishing and you can get it butter smooth. When I squeeze my trigger I can feel the spring inside first and second stage plunger screw.

I don't want to be an @Ss endlessly defending FX, but believe me I am very picky with details and very anal for precision. Especially if I paid several hundred $ for just anything. I don't waste my time, if I cannot make it work to my liking...there it goes to classifieds next available time... I don't collect and cry, I jump to next one.

What is wrong with that your trigger? a little 10 minutes polishing and you can get it butter smooth. When I squeeze my trigger I can feel the spring inside first and second stage plunger screw.

I don't want to be an @Ss endlessly defending FX, but believe me I am very picky with details and very anal for precision. Especially if I paid several hundred $ for just anything. I don't waste my time, if I cannot make it work to my liking...there it goes to classifieds next available time... I don't collect and cry, I jump to next one.
If it works for you fine.
I couldn’t make it light enough….plenty of topics on this forum about it. No reason to take this thread there.
Point is…I fully expected fx to come to plate with a new design on the m3. It didn’t happen.

It is not a fully adjustable two stage trigger…as they claim.

Reactions: mubhaur
If it works for you fine.
Again, I didn't meant to conflict with any ideas, My Impact is a dedicated BR gun and shooting rings only, 100 meters and beyond. The trigger must be well defined for that style of shooting.
I have a comment as well for the stock = pull length. For a comfortable BR posture I had to remove all the parts and I had to add 45mm length, still missing about 8-10mm. I didn't wanted to buy any 3rd party buttstocks because conflicts with my setup and for the money there are no benefits. In my eyes the important is not what looks beauty but what fits me well.

I know with every Impact I buy it’s going to be quite a few shooting sessions playing the balancing act with the two screws on the trigger. Once I get it right, I have no complaints on how the trigger feels. A little secret, money spent on weight gain products that allow you to slide the trigger shoe down away from the fulcrum gives you more leverage. Then a nicer trigger.

It can be fixed mechanically. It’s just not at the top of the R&D list. What is at the top of the R&D list are things that get guys all excited about new guns. Power, efficiency, accuracy, cool looks and how much stuff you can bolt onto it. If the M4 came out and all they did was fix the first shot issue, half the guys who own MKll’s and M3’s wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow. Now put an electronic trigger and some other fluff on it and there will be 30 new topics started about it.

I'm experiencing the Oring giving a lot lower velocity after installing the 720/block kit on my mk2. To get the velocity back to where it was I had to turn the hs adj from 8 up to 16. The regulator is set about 2 bar more than before but that shouldn't cause the velocity to drop almost 100 fps. I'm almost ready to remove the Oring set from the mk2 PP plenum and install it in the 720 plenum.