• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Mk2 high capacity magazine spring tension

I ordered and received a new high capacity .25 cal magazine (28shot) and it quits feeding pellets about halfway thru the magazine.

When comparing the magazine against the one that came with my new Mk2, it became evident the new magazine does not have enough spring tension.

My question, does anyone know if these new plastic magazines are serviceable? Can they be opened up and the spring tension increased?

I thought I would ask before sending it back. I don't want to break or scratch it all up trying to open it up. It's not obvious to me on how to open it up.

Wow, my eyes deceived me, I did not realize that was a hex slot, I thought it was just a round hole! lol This is my first FX so I have no experience with any of their mags. Now that I have it apart, I'm trying to figure out the trick to get it back together with more tension.

So far a rubik cube might be easier, if there is a trick to this please let me know.

appreciate the help and guidence,

mike

Took me about 15 minutes, but I figured it all out. I would hate try and explain in writing, but it becomes pretty obvious how you need to place the spring and rotate/adjust for tention, then get the little springs and bb's back in place. I think she is fixed and ready to burn thru some pellets.

oh yea, good heads up, glad I initially opened it up inside a zip lock bag, otherwise I would still be looking for those small bearings for sure!

thanks again,

mike

For any newbies to the new FX mag, I thought I would share a pic of it disassembled. As noted, if you ever take one apart, put the mag in a zip lock bag, close it, poke your hex thru the zip lock bag and unscrew the nut. The ball bearings will definitely pop out! There is also one small black o ring that is not in the pic. It sits underneath the nut to prevent it from backing out.

1564885882_4567840365d46437a80ad85.31800000_IMG_0373.JPG

O. P. 

Which hole on the base did you end up putting the spring in?

I have 3 mags, the spring is different colour in each so I assume different material + heat treatment.

One of my mag the spring cannot rotate the full load of slugs, I tighten it two times already, so I assume that exactly this spring material is just not meant for that weight. The other two mags I have no problems at all, only this one since day one.