• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact mk2 convert to mk3?

Anyone know if mk2 can be convert into the mk3 or do I have to go out and spend another 2k to get the latest gun? I'm only interested in the larger PP and dual reg. I dont care about the 16 wheel or front valve. I dont mess with the wheel or valve once I get my gun tune in. I'm just want the larger PP for more power with less reg and the dual reg to lower the pressure for the 2nd reg. Anyone know if I can just buy the dual reg/bottle adapter and the larger PP? 

Anyone know if mk2 can be convert into the mk3 or do I have to go out and spend another 2k to get the latest gun? I'm only interested in the larger PP and dual reg. I dont care about the 16 wheel or front valve. I dont mess with the wheel or valve once I get my gun tune in. I'm just want the larger PP for more power with less reg and the dual reg to lower the pressure for the 2nd reg. Anyone know if I can just buy the dual reg/bottle adapter and the larger PP?

the only interchangeable new part is the powerplenum.. even the carbon bottles do not work in previous models as they have a different valve..you can get an external regulator from huma but you will need to depressurize the system to tune it as you need a valveless bottle

Maybe the question should be, does the new regulator valve in the new bottle work in the old Impact? Problem would then be, how would you know when you have 250 bar in the bottle. Then the first couple of shots would not have the first regulator pressure until the first air chamber drops to the first regulator pressure. Just thinking.

Looks like you will have to go out and spend that 2K again if you want to keep up. The new reg will not fit on pre M3 models it is larger in diameter than the bottle adapter that is on the current gen 2 guns. There are several other major changes, both internal and external, that are just not compatible with the older guns.

I have a gen 1.5 Impact-X and have done a very good job at keeping up with the more modern units until the current model came out. So I had to go out and buy one. Such a sad thing it is. ;^)

For me, it’s how one defines performance. I will buy any next model if the design changes allow it to do two things better, 1. It will be more consistent 2. It will be more accurate. More power is not on the list unless it adds to being more accurate. 
Shooting slugs exclusively through my two .22 Impacts MK2 PP, I have consistently seen that speeds in the early 900s are the most accurate. What has been the only issue with both guns was the fact that the accurate tunes would not hold, a problem that all 9 slug shooting MK2 PP Impacts have in my group of friends. 
Carbon sleeves helped find the accurate tunes faster when the guns came out of tune. All of them have very consistent and very reliable Huma regs in them where we are getting extreme spreads as low as 5fps. Not one reg has played up. Some of us shoot close to a thousand slugs per month. 

We finally solved for the inconsistent tunes and added to the already splendid accuracy capabilities by having a master engineer and world champion benchrest shooter customize our Impacts. The performance improvement has been way beyond our expectations. The answers to improving consistency and achieving even more accuracy was mostly in the barrel system. 
If I was in the market for a slug shooting air rifle or had a pre PP Impact, no doubt I would buy the M3. And the gun looks very nice. The MK2 PP is one of FXs best air rifles ever produced, in my opinion.