FX Impact MK2 Compact .25 Liner Issue

To suggest that it is normal for a barrel to lead up after only half way though a magazine is Absurd to me. I’ve shot thousands of pellets and bullets through numerous barrels and have yet to see this . I clean my barrels very rarely and my poi is usually the same and varies more due to the wind rather than from a dirty leaded up barrel. I don’t lube pellets and shoot them from the tin . I would try to get another barrel. I do remember having one barrel that caused some real bad poi shifts ( Hatsan BT65) it was promptly replaced with a LW and never looked back. 

this is all from my own experience and not saying it’s not possible , just saying it’s not normal , especially from a 2k$ air rifle.

I am not gonna speak for the OP, but my guess he never got cleaned out all the lead before starting to shoot. I know from experiance patches will not be able remove all the lead if it has built up. That is why I suggested using a brush instead. I personally have a smooth twist-X barrel on my gen 1 crown, which will start to drift after 100-200 shots when shooting dry JSB pellets, where all visible lead is removed. I agree it doeas not happen after one mag if it is completely clean, but the behavior is the same when the POI start to change, being it 100 or more shots.

But to be fair he can try again shooting dry if he want`s after he is sure all lead is cleaned out, and see how it goes. No need to lube if he find out it is not necesarry.