FX Impact MK2 Compact .25 Liner Issue

I have a problem with my new FX Impact MK2 Compact .25 which I bought from UtahAirgun on Jan 2021

Group moving (Groups at 20 yards). The gun is good ... nothing wrongs with this gun ... However, the only thing is the group moving ... Pellet probe tight, use single shot by hand loading, barrel tight, scope tight (changed another scope is same issue), fps was good (no POI changes) through ProChrono, stable bench ... After every time the barrel gets cleaning , the group back to spot on ... but will start moving after about a mag ... and then moving after every a few shots after that ... Example: Took 9 shots. First 5 shots are spot on ... next 4 shots are still good but move to the left ... (See picture)

After cleaning, I checked the barrel I still see something in the barrel. Is this the problem of group moving? I couldn't get that thing out with normal cleaning (Pull through patch with Ballistol) ... 

I tried to use wood stick + patch + WD40 to clean it out. After that, I run through the barrel with Ballistol & so many clean dry patch ... to make sure its very clean ... The barrel is very shiny now ... But I still see the mark (looks like scratches) inside the barrel (See picture).

This is my brand new Fx Impact ... I didn't do anything to this gun except cleaning ...I emailed UtahAirgun and they said ... its normal ... they see this often and it be able to removed with Ballistol.

However, It still have the same issue. Spot on after cleaning, anh the group starts moving and that marks collect lead really fast ... I don't know if this is a faulty liner? Or What should I do?

I don't think UtahAirgun will send me a new liner as they said its normal ... I can afford the gun, so I don't mind spend money to upgrade or buy new replacements ... I just don't feel happy ...

Kenny,

IMG_6419.1615143582.JPG
IMG_6488.1615143582.JPG
IMG_6494.1615143584.JPG
IMG_6496.1615143586.JPG
phonto.1615143587.JPG

WOW that is terrible POI shift. hard to tell from the picture but it looks like there is a lot of lead fouling or build up in your barrel, so first thing would be thorough cleaning of your barrel and might even need brass brush to clean that off. After cleaning and all lead is gone then spray the barrel with some dry silicon lube, wash a batch of pellets then lube them and see if the POI still shifts. Looks like you have a batch of really really dirty pellets shot through your barrel. If the lead is still building up quickly after lubing the barrel and pellets then I would call them to send you a new liner, take a good picture of the barrel once cleaned to see if you can see rough spots. 

Also check the inside of your moderator for clipping. 

I’m no expert here but it looks like there’s a spot that just isn’t as smooth as the rest of the barrel and it is collecting lead. Probably the only way to correct it is to Polish the inside of the barrel. That is not normal for it to happen that soon. Not after just a few shots.I don’t care what Utah Airguns says. I would call FX and even show them a picture like you did on here and tell them the exact issue.Are the pellets clean?And if so maybe Lubing the pellets Might help after you clean the barrel again. 

My vote would be clipping also, just went through this with an impact that had been dropped and the shroud was bad, you couldn’t see anything wrong, but it would just shoot bad, like yours
1f44e-1f3fc.svg
It doesn’t take much. Try the fingernail polish on the moderator hole trick, I bet she stripes it.

No pellet clipping because of LDC bro ... I did some groups without & with Huggett, Sumo ... same issue.

I also covered the LDC & took a shot to see if the pellet comes out in the middle or not ... 

Kenny,

1FCF91C8-68DD-45AB-BE20-8806304D54C9.1615157687.jpeg

It definitely could clip with the lead build up. But if you don't remove whats in there, it will build up double time and only last a clip as you're describing. Polish paying special attention to the choke and lube your pellets with silicone spray and it should remedy the problem.

I also think so ... the pellet clipping when those scratches build up enough lead ... When I cleaned that lead out, the accuracy backed to spot on ... I think I will end up with buying a new liner ...

Kenny,

That is not normal. I think they are trying bluff you. I can run many mags through with no POI shift at 50 yards. If you can't get Utah Air to treat you right, try polishing the bore with JB bore paste using a bore mop and a coated cleaning rod. Patches won't cut it. This would help smooth out the bore a lot more. Many YT videos on how to. Follow up after the JB with some clear floor wax (Trewax) to help even more with lead fouling.

That is not normal. I think they are trying bluff you. I can run many mags through with no POI shift at 50 yards. If you can't get Utah Air to treat you right, try polishing the bore with JB bore paste using a bore mop and a coated cleaning rod. Patches won't cut it. This would help smooth out the bore a lot more. Many YT videos on how to. Follow up after the JB with some clear floor wax (Trewax) to help even more with lead fouling.

If they actually want to take care of me, they didn’t say like its normal ... I just want to see how they treat their clients. This is not my first pcp ... just first Impact ... 

Thanks bro

I had an impact that had a similar but different issue. It would shoot random flyers for the first 5 or 6 shots before settling down and really starting to drill. I mean It drilled moa so regularly at 100 yards it freaked me out a little. But the first 5 or 7 shots were terrible. Never did figure it out.... gun is long sold...

That's why I love my edgun. Put it in the closet for 3 weeks, pull it out, cock it and "whack" dead on every single time. Never ever any weird fluctuations or irregularities. Gun is stupid boring and reliable. Just how I like it too.... I'm too old to chase irregularities in airguns anymore. I just want to shoot and enjoy these days.

To me that looks exactly like mine doeas, with lead build up. And the same behaviour causing POI shift, after a clean, as lead build up again. You probably need a nylon, or bronce brush to get it all out. My gen 1 FX crown .22 barrel has the same issue. The buildup is usually at the choke like your pictures show. My fix was to get it all out with brush first, then final pull with patches ( I use patchworm), then shoot the same pellets lubed. It may also depend on what pellets you are using. Harder lead pellets might build up lead faster than soft ones (JSB). Also some pellets have some lube leftover from factory process (which to me seems to be benefitial), while others might be all dry. So just use a brush, and inspect with a flashlight like you do on the picture. You will see it gradually dissapear as you are working on it. 

So last question in case I missed it, what pellet are you shooting and how fast? If I would have known you were shooting 3/8” or less groups at 20 yards I would have never gone down the clipping road, I can get any of my guns to do that with the wrong pellet and the wrong speed.

JSB 25.39gr at 880fps ...

I would try to lube the pellets with a tiny ammount of ballistol (since you already have it) on the felt pad inside the tin. You can use an empty tin, and pull over some none lubed, and then let them gently roll in the box, after the felt pad has ballistol on it. It should not be nesessary to clean the pellets first, since you are only applying some extra lube, to prevent fouling in barrel. 

To suggest that it is normal for a barrel to lead up after only half way though a magazine is Absurd to me. I’ve shot thousands of pellets and bullets through numerous barrels and have yet to see this . I clean my barrels very rarely and my poi is usually the same and varies more due to the wind rather than from a dirty leaded up barrel. I don’t lube pellets and shoot them from the tin . I would try to get another barrel. I do remember having one barrel that caused some real bad poi shifts ( Hatsan BT65) it was promptly replaced with a LW and never looked back. 

this is all from my own experience and not saying it’s not possible , just saying it’s not normal , especially from a 2k$ air rifle.