FX Impact MK2 .30 compact shooting slugs

Hi guys,

I am trying to configure my FX Impact MK2 .30 compact to shoot slugs accurately. I managed to find an accuracy node around 255-260 m/s with FX Hybrids. The gun is maxed out at 276m/s with them but they are not accurate at all at that speed. Reg pressure is 150 bar. I would like to squeeze a little more energy with good accuracy. I tried both standard and heavy liners.

Could you share your experience with .30 compact and slugs?

Thanks!

I have an MKII Compact .30 with the heavy and standard stx liners. I tried to get the 43 gr NSA's to work, but couldn't get good groups beyond 50 yards. I am shooting Hades and 44 gr JSB/FXs at 905 fps. The FX Hybrids shoot well also, but they're a bit expensive for shooting frequently, and if I recall they were going about 880, which isn't really fast enough to make them appealing because of the loopy trajectory. My gun is pretty much maxed out or rather about 10% under max in the accuracy sweet spot with the reg @ 155 bar. The Hades at 900 fps are good out to 100 yards, and that is what I use the gun for. On a calm day, I can stretch the pellets a bit more, but in my experience and for my use, the .30 compact is a devastating 100 yard and in tool. It is one of the few guns I don't tinker with anymore, and it's about the best turkey gun I've ever used. One month till the spring opener!

I think I will try 165 bars of a reg pressure with additional hammer weight. Maybe I will manage to find some accuracy node in that region.

Pellets shoot fine no matter what I do. They do not care. The slugs are challenging but this is what makes them interesting in my eyes.

As of Hades pellets - their BC is pretty poor. Considerably worse than JSB .30 2.9g. If I shoot in wind then they are a no go for me.

FX Hybrids .30 shot at 880FPS are less loopy than JSB .30 2.9g at 905FPS.

Curious, have you had any luck getting your hybrids to go any faster? I am in a very similar boat. I have an FX impact compact MK2 in 30 caliber. I will first state that I am fairly new to the PCP world. I acquired this impact secondhand. So I do not know the full history on it. I do know that it has a dual port. But I am only managing to get 885 ft./s on the hybrid slugs. I also would like to try and get it to the 900 plus ft./s range.
It seems that I am maxed out 155 bar. I have gone all the way up to 170 bar and the feet per second started to drop. The hammer spring is screwed all the way in, the hammer wheel is at max and the front valve is all the way screwed out. 
Any words of wisdom would be appreciate. Or am I just chasing my tail with a compact set up via short barrel in trying to get over 900 ft./s?

Also I have included a picture of a five round group at 75 yards. Is this the kind of accuracy I can expect? The orange dot is 1 inch. So it’s shooting about an inch and a half group at 75 yards. 
54EBF196-DEFD-41C5-8E19-34115BBEA9CB.1649128703.jpeg

Hi guys,

I am trying to configure my FX Impact MK2 .30 compact to shoot slugs accurately. I managed to find an accuracy node around 255-260 m/s with FX Hybrids. The gun is maxed out at 276m/s with them but they are not accurate at all at that speed. Reg pressure is 150 bar. I would like to squeeze a little more energy with good accuracy. I tried both standard and heavy liners.

Could you share your experience with .30 compact and slugs?

Thanks!

275ms is ver fast for 500mm barrel, nice tune. I usually keep speed below 255ms or 850 fps with 500 mm barrel, very accurate out pass 100 yards. contrary to popular believe speed alone is not key to accuracy! I’ve dropped a rabbit DRT with a humble 23 grain .22 slug flying at lowly 830fps out at 160 yards and still got a full vital pass through.

At what distance are you having issues...shorter barrels are not going to be as accurate as say a 700mm barrel but even the compact usually has good accuracy to 80 yards +
dont matter the length of the barrel short will be just as accurate as long just needs more power if your ammo needs it to be accurate. the power block will really help a short barrel as a pin probe and slug transfer port also