• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Impact Mk2 - 170 bar on reg - be careful

Also to my friends.... whoever is doing a peek poppet mod, unrestrict the air path in a rear block. The OEM size is 6.5mm hole and enlarge to 7.3mm, the peek popet OD to 8.2mm.
And don't forget to replace the black delring bumper in the Hammer nose.
And don't forget to mirror polish the valve rod in portion where the PUR oring slides, that will take you away from slow first couple shots.
And don't forhet to polish the HS and VS cut ends.
And, the evolution of transfer ports still ongoing ;)

20230311_175706.jpg

Reactions: Stubbers
So the poppet rod is able to be disassembled? Like I said, I have no idea how things can be modified on the impact.
Desertsilver yes .
You can disassemble the valve rod in 3 pieces . The long rod, the small piece with the 2 female threads and in the last small piece is sitting the peek poppet and the small oring .
To dissasample it you need to heat the part with the female threads .
After you can clean them by the method I have post above and you can replace the derlin piece with a peek .
For the peek I have bought a peek rod 10mm diameter and I am making the desired dimensions on the lathe . ( not myself . I am giving the order to a friend who has lathe ).
There is a video with Ernest making the peek piece for the valve rod and he describes all the process.
I am trying but I cant find it to post it .

Thank you for that info. I've seen Ernst's video of making the peek poppet. I've been learning all I can about the MK2 since I bought the used 1 in the classifieds Thursday or Friday. I'm looking at shooting 30 gr cast noe Bob boat tails out of it for long distance target. I wonder if your friend would sell me 1 of those poppets?
Honestly I would like to help you but I am living far from my country ( Greece) and i am working in middle east . I enjoy my guns only in my vacations usually 2-3 times per year .
Your impact is mkii . Mine is the first impact x . Our valve housings
Screenshot_20230515-192917_Gallery.jpg
and valve rods are a little bit diffent .This photo is not very clear but you can see the shape for my impact x.
Screenshot_20230515-193038_Gallery.jpg

Second photo is from another member , " wheaterby" and the shape is for mkii.
From him i have seen first time his post for peek material and i want to send him a big thank you !
Next time i will have acces to my friend' s lathe will be probably next November ,so sorry i think is a litle late for you to wait .
The member " BigHUN" has post before long time the right dimensions for your model for peek material with many details .
Check in his profile and you can find his post .
Next step is to buy a piece of peek rod and you can try to find a lathe .