FX Impact/Maverick Compact or Brocock Ghost??

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some wisdom here on making a decision about my next purchase.

I am a Long Time shooter, getting my 1st air rifle (Crosman 1400) back in 1974, but I am new to PCP's, since my only PCP so far is a Gen 1 Marauder.

I decided that I want a 25 cal FX Impact Compact or Maverick Compact or a Brocock Ghost...with Donny FL.

The new gun will be for casual shooting...target and backyard plinking, plus small game/pest shooting.

I won't be adjusting or tinkering with the settings and I don't own a Chronograph.
As a matter of fact, I will ask whoever I buy it from to set it up and tune it for me, at max power with the best accuracy possible using JSB Exact King Heavy pellets...and then I will probably never touch the settings after that.

Also, which airgun source do you suggest that I buy from who will put the gun together for me, tune it with the JSB's, and chrono it etc?

I would GREATLY appreciate your thoughts, suggestions, and comments!

Thank you!

I don't have direct experience with any of those rifles, but I do know that one of the main selling points, and reason for the cost, of the Impact and the Ghost is their endless adjustability.

Maybe consider something that will be similarly accurate in a similar form factor but cheaper and probably less fiddly since you don't need the adjustability? Both companies make stuff that fits the profile...

Reactions: Ingwe
As an owner of many Impacts through the years, I'm trying to be objective here. The Ghost looks like a pretty intriguing new rifle and really the ONLY new model coming out now that vaguely piques my interest in buying another rifle.

However, like ALL new models, it's typically wise to let other more adventurous early adopters take the dive first and report back on any potential issues before jumping in yourself as a relatively new PCP owner. Not saying this to bash the Ghost as it happens with almost every new model. The original Impact had some issues. The Leshiy 2 had plenty of quirks also. But over time, they mostly got ironed out. So if you can wait a few months for more real world feedback on the Ghost, you can make a more informed decision. The Impact has been around for a few years and there's plenty of info on it; the Ghost is still a relative unknown so it's hard to make a decision at this time I think.

@yenniedn, the BRK Ghost is not a new design. It is a mechanical copy of an existing, proven design, the Delta Wolf. And is also an evolution of the Brocock lineup. @Ingwe, of the two you listed? I would go with the Ghost… and will.
Fair enough but I still stand by my original thought b/c any new'ish release will typically have some kinks. I've been an excited early adopter enough times to now know that patience is a virtue here. The classic example I think of is the very first Impacts and the factory trigger guard that made it basically impossible to remove your Foster fitting after you filled the rifle. How that oversight made it into production still puzzles me. You'd have to take off the trigger guard each time you wanted to fill the rifle. They then made the opening bigger the factory guard still sucked so several aftermarket alternatives and extended Foster fittings were what ultimately solved the problem for me.

I was one of the very first to buy the Leshiy 2 a couple of years ago but sent it back for a number of reasons. The most trivial of which was the ludicrous magazine cover that you couldn't take off without a magnet (or unless you had a fingernail long enough to snort cocaine from). One that and other issues were resolved, I bought back in. It just makes sense to wait a few months for the dust to settle of any new releases unless you actually enjoy being a part of the first batch beta testers.

Reactions: Chainc
If you want a set and forget, I'd go with the Maverick. I have a VP in 25 cal and only messed with it from SPAW to try and get pellets and slugs to both shoot accurately with minimum fuss.
I though of that since it has less adjustments then the Impact or Ghost

Is the ping under your cheek THAT annoying? I read a few guys say that it is

There seems to be allot of Mavericks for sale here as well...

I though of that since it has less adjustments then the Impact or Ghost

Is the ping under your cheek THAT annoying? I read a few guys say that it is

There seems to be allot of Mavericks for sale here as well...
It doesn't bother me at all. I'm used to the ping of the Prophet Performance. Define a lot??

Fair enough but I still stand by my original thought b/c any new'ish release will typically have some kinks. I've been an excited early adopter enough times to now know that patience is a virtue here. The classic example I think of is the very first Impacts and the factory trigger guard that made it basically impossible to remove your Foster fitting after you filled the rifle. How that oversight made it into production still puzzles me. You'd have to take off the trigger guard each time you wanted to fill the rifle. They then made the opening bigger the factory guard still sucked so several aftermarket alternatives and extended Foster fittings were what ultimately solved the problem for me.

I was one of the very first to buy the Leshiy 2 a couple of years ago but sent it back for a number of reasons. The most trivial of which was the ludicrous magazine cover that you couldn't take off without a magnet (or unless you had a fingernail long enough to snort cocaine from). One that and other issues were resolved, I bought back in. It just makes sense to wait a few months for the dust to settle of any new releases unless you actually enjoy being a part of the first batch beta testers.
Agreed.
It does not matter if it is an airgun, vehicle, or a new electronic gadget. I never buy version 1 . Uh 0 of anything.

Back to PCPs. A while back I was in the market for a new and more advanced PCP and after lots of reading searching and shopping at the few airguns stores that were within my travels, I decided on a Prophet. About that time they announced the Prophet II
Rather than jumping in head first, I stepped started looking around for a retailer that was ready to deal on last years model, and ended up with a Prophet Performance for the price of a compact.
Great gun that you might want to take a look at. Really simple to tune and so far very reliable.
I like mine a lot and am more than happy to let the early adopters work the bugs out of the Prophet II.

I own a FX impact M3 and a Brocock sniper, I have had the Brocock for 9 months longer than the FX, and have a lot more pellets through the Brocock. Currently the Brocock is at my house ready to shoot at a moment’s notice. And the FX is at the factory because the regulators failed. Keep this in mind, because when you send your FX in for warranty work they are 3 weeks behind schedule on repairs. JMO but when I spend $2000 on a pellet gun I really expect it to work for longer than 6 months, not saying the M3 isn’t fun to shoot, and it’s super accurate, but when it’s broken and at the factory for a long dam time……….

The Impact is more complicated than the Maverick and the Maverick, because of having 2 regs as well, is more complicated than the Ghost. I would keep that in mind if your new to pcp's. The Impact is more complicated to take apart than the Maverick. I'm getting ready to upgrade the reg's on both my Mavericks, which is pretty easy to do.

These are all great guns. But for a set it and forget it? I’m hesitant, fx stuff is made for adjustments. More than I care for. The brocock, is a new platform built off established lines- one I would favor. But I have never owned one. For set and forget , it’s taipan, AGT, kalibrgun, and zbroia- there are others, but if a true side lever at the trigger is a must, eliminate the taipan- it’s rear cocking, crickets are as well, but the cricket 2 tactical is a true side lever.

Reactions: Ricochet
You guys have me leaning towards a maverick now…hmm

Would it be a good idea to buy a used one here on the classified? Can probably save some money that way
Simply an issue of who is selling what... Since you want it tuned and ready to go, Utah might be a really good option since I think that's sort of their thing as @N2 Shooter mentioned above.

@yenniedn, the BRK Ghost is not a new design. It is a mechanical copy of an existing, proven design, the Delta Wolf. And is also an evolution of the Brocock lineup. @Ingwe, of the two you listed? I would go with the Ghost… and will.
STILL BUNCH NEW PARTS IN THE GUN SO ITS NEW DESIGN NOT ANY OTHER GUN WITH SAME PARTS AS I HERD A NEW GUN FROM THE GROUND UP

STILL BUNCH NEW PARTS IN THE GUN SO ITS NEW DESIGN NOT ANY OTHER GUN WITH SAME PARTS AS I HERD A NEW GUN FROM THE GROUND UP
Why the ALL CAPS… Bunch of new parts?!?! Don’t know what you herd… But didn’t you hear/read that its a mechanical version of an existing product? Not just cobbled together miscellaneous parts. Is that what you are shout asking?