Tuning Fx impact mark 3 advice

Good evening. I am new here and would appreciate any advice available.

I have many air rifles but I have just purchased a new impact fx mark 3 in 25 cal and the factory settings are 150 bar for the first reg and 110 bar for the second. I’m using standard fx pellets which are travelling at around 920 fps, which I appreciate is a tad fast. I haven’t had much opportunity yet to get out and shoot as too cold and windy!

these we’re the factory settings presumably when they tuned it. Are they a bit high?

apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. If so please direct me and I’ll look there

many thanks

Rob

Good evening. I am new here and would appreciate any advice available.

I have many air rifles but I have just purchased a new impact fx mark 3 in 25 cal and the factory settings are 150 bar for the first reg and 110 bar for the second. I’m using standard fx pellets which are travelling at around 920 fps, which I appreciate is a tad fast. I haven’t had much opportunity yet to get out and shoot as too cold and windy!

these we’re the factory settings presumably when they tuned it. Are they a bit high?

apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. If so please direct me and I’ll look there

many thanks

Rob

Those look like settings similar to what i have seen for other M3s. The only thing that might be a tiny bigot higher than i often see (Ive seen mine plus 3 others so far) might ne the second reg. The .22 I had came with the reg at about 85 bar and the .25s I saw were at about 90~95 on the second reg. I now have converted my .22 to a .30 and changed the 2nd reg to 110. That way i get a great spread of velocities with minor changes to the Power Wheel or micro adjuster.

Chris

My recent new rifle (Taipan Vet) came tuned shooting a .22 18g JSB at 925fps. It was very accurate at that speed. I tuned it down to 860fps but lost accuracy and velocity consistency. After taking it back to stock settings I’m good. The lesson is each rifle is unique and yours may shoot great as it is. Tweak it down and see what changes, but just make sure to record where you started. The ability to adjust a PCP is what makes them so fascinating to me.