FX Impact manometer accurate?

what i would do is calibrate them by swapping them around, the reg one to the bottle one and cross referencing them to a known to be good one/on the cylinder for example.
then you know on which gauge what number is what real pressure.
the numeric value does not mean anything, as long as you use it as relative, add more/reduce some it will still serve the purpose.

"sirk"what i would do is calibrate them by swapping them around, the reg one to the bottle one and cross referencing them to a known to be good one/on the cylinder for example.
then you know on which gauge what number is what real pressure.
the numeric value does not mean anything, as long as you use it as relative, add more/reduce some it will still serve the purpose.
Unfortunately, my tank gauges are just those typical fireman SCBA type, so they're even worse than the FX gauges. I'd love to have a nice accurate digital gauge, but accuracy costs money on those things. AOA mentions $1000 instrument, and that's true from the prices I've seen. You can probably get something better than the average gauge for a couple hundred bucks, but that's still a bit high, though I might still get one.

When the new gauges get here, I'll likely fill the bottle, then try them both on the reg position first to see how consistent they are. Hopefully they'll be close to the same, and then I'll just "assume" they're accurate. I got the near instantaneous shipping notice from edgun, so I should have them in a couple days. 

Cheers,
Rusty

Thanks for this thread! I have a crown and was having problems with the reg pressure setting staying put. The setting would drop after shooting a mag full from 150 to 145 bar. Couldn’t figure out what was going on unit I got a huma reg to replace the stock one and had to remove the manometer so I got it checked. It was showing a little over 80 bar lower than what it should be! I was setting the reg passed it limit. So have to find a new manometer. 

Yet another Impact X owner with inaccurate gauges . Sure I can go out and buy some Wika or other manufacturers product to retrofit on to my rifle . This makes no sense to me , why oh why would they put sub par components on this “ HIGH END “ rifle . We are dealing with high pressure , this has safety concern written all over it . Let’s hope FX comes good on it .