Fx Impact mag parts for 3D printed mags

I'll throw my mags into the mix as well. red is .25 cal. green is .22 cal. Almost forgot ambi cheek pads for frame only and for Saber tactical riser.

20220123_222406.1644712595.jpg
20220207_193852.1644712601.jpg
20220212_160200.1644712765.jpg
20220212_160240.1644712779.jpg
20220212_160307.1644712789.jpg

Reactions: elbeau
just did a .30 cal mag as well and made some internal wheel and retention changes. need to get more magnets and step up the size. I was shocked as I was having issues, so I got and Orion iguana hunter mag and his design and mine match very closely in the shells. my 30 cal speed loaders fit and work on his mags. kind of freaky.
Awesome 😎

Hi there
I need a help regarding magazine printing project . I printed .25 magazine. But the problem that it's printed in smaller scale I contact the printer owner and he reply me that i have to report him the scale of printing with STL file project. Sorry but I am not familiar with these technology.
Please help me out 🥺
You could measure the size of the one printed.. measure the original magazine.. and do the math to see how big of a different in percentage it is.

I drew mine up from scratch.. measuring the original mag and replicating it in Fusion 360

Reactions: a.alhasanat
Well emgfred never got back to me so I didn’t get to play with his design.

I ended up sitting down with calipers and the software and making my own “fx” mags. Looks and function like the factory mags.

The spring part is still by far the hardest part to get right. This mag works perfectly though. I need to find a rod/drill bit in between the sizes I have to get the spring wire wrap perfect.

Pretty happy with the result. Now i have piles of mags. Might have to get rid of a few to help pay for some mags of the other calibers so I can make some of them as well.
View attachment 187399View attachment 187408
Do you by chance have a file for a .30 cal?

Question for the folkis printing magazines -

Some guns (RTI for one) has its breach sealing o-ring on the pellet probe.

That said, are you doing something to make sure that as the probe goes through the magazine to push the pellet into the barrel...is the surfaces of the magazine where the pellets live is...smooth ?
If it's a rough surface like some magazines that I've seen (have !), this will scuff the o-ring...every time that the probe goes in and out of the magazine, hastening the replacement of the o-ring to a shorter life span, than if the magazine surfaces were smooth .

I have two different brands of printed magazines for my RTI Prophets, that rest in the bags that they came in...on the shelf, unused and unloved..!

Mike

Question for the folkis printing magazines -

Some guns (RTI for one) has its breach sealing o-ring on the pellet probe.

That said, are you doing something to make sure that as the probe goes through the magazine to push the pellet into the barrel...is the surfaces of the magazine where the pellets live is...smooth ?
If it's a rough surface like some magazines that I've seen (have !), this will scuff the o-ring...every time that the probe goes in and out of the magazine, hastening the replacement of the o-ring to a shorter life span, than if the magazine surfaces were smooth .

I have two different brands of printed magazines for my RTI Prophets, that rest in the bags that they came in...on the shelf, unused and unloved..!

Mike
Well I took up resin printing for some of my stuff and it makes glass smooth prints