• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Fx impact m3

what speed are you trying to achieve? Or are you looking for the best accuracy? The slugs you are trying to push aren't really that heavy so I would say stay with your current probe unless your speeds can't be reached. I almost forgot, what length barrel do you have? 

What I'm getting at also is your basic setup will move those slugs rather easily. I would say try your slugs in your setup as is and then upgrade from there. The heavy liner is for slugs but really for heavier slugs, that's why I would try the setup first and work from there.

As far as the probe goes, FX has their probe but Huma and NSA make probes as well and their probes are a little more robust. The Huma probe can't be adjusted with the probe while the NSA probe comes with the holder and can be adjusted at the probe (being able to seat the slug deeper).

Give it a try in its base format and then if your not pleased build it up...

Ha I’m sitting here awaiting Sir FredEX with my new maverick my first FX rifle. Here’s my plan hope it helps. I plan to shooting it and run my chrono as it is from the factory and get to know it let things settle in and get to know how it operates and its capabilities and smoke out any possible problems from the factory if any prior to upgrading any hardware. Then Ill just do a few basic tunes ie HS wheel, hammer spring and reg pressures on it to further know how it functions with both pellets and slugs. Ill see where that takes me before and tweaks if needed. I could be wrong but 25gn slugs aren’t what i would classify as the heavy end of the spectrum it seems you could see what you have before putting the new probe in. 

I dont know how it translates to the impact but Steve has a tuning guide for the Mav which might be helpful as well he was very impressed at the performance even before and slug kit would be installed. Again this is my first FX but hope it helps you enjoy your new gun!!!!!!

what speed are you trying to achieve? Or are you looking for the best accuracy? The slugs you are trying to push aren't really that heavy so I would say stay with your current probe unless your speeds can't be reached. I almost forgot, what length barrel do you have? 

What I'm getting at also is your basic setup will move those slugs rather easily. I would say try your slugs in your setup as is and then upgrade from there. The heavy liner is for slugs but really for heavier slugs, that's why I would try the setup first and work from there.

As far as the probe goes, FX has their probe but Huma and NSA make probes as well and their probes are a little more robust. The Huma probe can't be adjusted with the probe while the NSA probe comes with the holder and can be adjusted at the probe (being able to seat the slug deeper).

Give it a try in its base format and then if your not pleased build it up...

I had a impact mk1 I was shooting slugs with the 700mm barrel but decided to sell the rifle with the other two barrel and keep the 700mm superior, my new one has the 600mm barrel but I want to use the 700mm and set it up for slugs and use the 600mm for pellets. My goal is to push the 24.8 nsa at 970fps I had good luck at that speed with that barrel. I want to get the best accuracy of this.

Eddy1840 I would install the 700mm and try your slugs in the M3. Fullmag is correct with running it with your 700mm over a chrony and if it is where you want it then try and shoot some groups. Once you have the 700mm tune where you want it for your slugs I would leave all the settings and switch to the 600mm and try the pellets. Make sure you write down your settings for the slugs, then use the macro and micro to adjust for fps and groups.

Take your time and have fun because it can get frustrating if you rush through it. I have a MK2, M3, Dream-Tac and a Maverick and swap the barrels around often except on the M3 as its in .35.

One other piece is the high flow transfer port and not to forget the P and S on the 600mm barrel with the p for pellets and S for slugs...

I don't see why a new MKIII can't push a roughly 25 grain slug at that speed without the slug kit. I believe the kit would make it more efficient, but don't believe you need it.

I have a Gen 1 in .25. Stock was shooting the 34 grain pellets at 830fps and 145 bar. Added Power Plenum which your gun came stock with, and reg pressure dropped to 110 bar for same performance. New guns have so much more power available, I see no "need" for the slug kit, but if you want to, go ahead.

Do check with FX about anything more than the pin probe, but I don't think you need any of it to start with.

The power kit can be installed on the M3 (I have it bar the rubber ball installed in mine) and it gives plenty of power, we were pushing 40 grain slugs at 900fps during a test that Iwe were doing 2 weeks ago, 150bar on the 2nd reg and the new hammer and a weight from the slug power kit.

All works quite well and plenty of power

As above, I'd see what the rifle is doing stock before looking at adding something to it you might not need

Hey,Eddie, by chance did you read the disclaimer below? Not trying to bust your balls, but I once saw fx reply back to someone on this open forum about displaying replies back from them, stating to not do so.

But if you did get permission from them to show their reply back to you, disregard my warning. Just lookin’ out for ya.

Good luck on your M3 tune

Hey,Eddie, by chance did you read the disclaimer below? Not trying to bust your balls, but I once saw fx reply back to someone on this open forum about displaying replies back from them, stating to not do so.

But if you did get permission from them to show their reply back to you, disregard my warning. Just lookin’ out for ya.

Good luck on your M3 tune

Thank you I didn’t know about that thanks