• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX IMPACT M3 WIKA OR NOT? Rephrased to M3 NIGHTMARE

I received my M3 a week ago in Greece. Very happy with it till now…could be worst…

update 07/13:2021: It was worst… 

I tried to shoot it first time anxiously and discovered that it wasn’t shooting. The valve was closed all the way down and securely tightened. That means to me that they never tested the gun. Probably the new moto is “assemble and shoooot it” ….away to the poor customer or maybe I am wrong: security first…Then I found that the trigger stucks at the second stage and doesn’t return to the first if you release it. The first regulators WIKA was waging between 140 -160 not so important as it is only a reducer and not a real regulator. They insist DONT TOUCH. OK I am Greek not understanding the meaning of the verb regulate. But I kept the best for the end. The second regulators WIKA started from 100 bar and after each shot was moving from 40 to 160. Velocity remained constant. So no reg problem. I removed the bottle and shot the gun to empty the reg air and the second reg WIKA showed 40bar ( I am struggling to upload the video). Not bad I now have a reference point to start with and improve my maths (40 + 100 = 160ish)!!! 
So pleased for such a cheap gun. Keeps me constantly interested not like some crupy Chinese ones. 
I forgot to mention this is my second FX impact as i sold my mark2 for reg and pressure gauge problems. 
What a wise man am I, don’t you think FX ?

From local distributor in Greece. Old established reputable firm. They responded immediately and offered my a new set of mk2 gauges until they get spare parts from FX Sweden which is a pain for them. I am a very old customer with more than 35 airguns in my posetion and quite skillful to sort out these problems 

Distributors have nothing to do with the poor quality control of the airgun companies. In my opinion airguns are very expensive for what they offer and the airgun community seems is getting accustomed with the poor quality and try to sort the problems by themselves. I compare it to many shotguns I had owned, far cheaper ,from companies like Beretta, Browning etc and none never presented any defect even after hard use. Never heard hunter complaining for issues as we constantly face with airguns. Three out of three (1 monsoon 2 impacts) I owned had issues. Bad lack? Why you keep buying from them? Because they are very innovative they produce excellent in design and functionality airguns, a dream for any airgunner. 
As end users I think we need to push the companies to understand that in this range of price not a single gun should escape their quality control an if that happens they should take immediate and full responsibility. 
Sorry for the long respond but I am very frustrated. 
I apologize to the thousands of FX owners who had no problems with their airguns. 

It supposed to be delivered in September but the local distributor received out of the blue a small batch of them in .30 caliber and one in .25. I took the later… a week ago

I am able to sort out all of the problems but the gun as you mentioned should be tested before dispatched and there were more than one issue… 

To be honest, now that my nerves calmed down, FX is a company which listen to the customers demands and comments thus the change to WIKA gauges but they need to fully understand that there will be no excuse in such a high price products I also have two Daystate (MK4 and the old wolf) and never had a problem (from the same distributor)

Problem update. Today noticed that there is air leaking slowly. From 215 bars to 150 in 10 h.

To sum them up within a week from purchase the gun:

1.Had the valve completely closed and secured Not tested obviously

2. Wika gauge on regulator 2 defective 

3. Trigger not working propely.
4. Air leaking 

5. RetaiI price in Greece 2.300 euro paid for what exactly ?

please write your comments on what should I do.
Especially I look forward to hearing from the FX representatives who follow this forum. 

Buy a Daystate 
1f601.svg

Seriously though, I've had major issues with my last 3 new FX guns and I feel your pain.

It seems we are not the exemption but the rule…

lets make a community…🤣🤣 ..who wants to become the godfather ?

And exactly why I ended up going with a Uragan. Bull Tank strong, ultra accurate and hell bent for stout. POI does not change. Even in woods hunting. I don't have to check the impact point every time I need it. Nuff Said!

Bonus, fully lapped and polished CZ Barrel from the factory and all trigger sear parts made and fitted from hardened tool steel. Woah! First AG I've even gone into that needed absolutely nothing but ammo. Lots and Lots of Ammo!

Knife

My experience is that yes sometimes we get lemon from fx but at the same time FX is the only company that stands behind their product very strongly.

They send you replacement parts, they guide you and they help you to all possible extent. 

I agree that QC of fx should have stopped this gun from going out of factory but now as it has happened I am confident that 1st of all you can claim warranty from the dealer and if nothing positive happens, write directly to FX Sweden. 

Fx will take care of you.

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur 

And exactly why I ended up going with a Uragan. Bull Tank strong, ultra accurate and hell bent for stout. POI does not change. Even in woods hunting. I don't have to check the impact point every time I need it. Nuff Said!

Bonus, fully lapped and polished CZ Barrel from the factory and all trigger sear parts made and fitted from hardened tool steel. Woah!😲 First AG I've even gone into that needed absolutely nothing but ammo. Lots and Lots of Ammo!

Knife

How do you know the barrel comes like that from the factory? I had Vulcan some time ago and the barrel was rough as poop.

My experience is that yes sometimes we get lemon from fx but at the same time FX is the only company that stands behind their product very strongly.

They send you replacement parts, they guide you and they help you to all possible extent. 

I agree that QC of fx should have stopped this gun from going out of factory but now as it has happened I am confident that 1st of all you can claim warranty from the dealer and if nothing positive happens, write directly to FX Sweden. 

Fx will take care of you.

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur

I wrote to them and received no answer. Probably they don’t feel they should apologize for that. My distributor wrote to FX and sent to him a couple of days ago a wika gauge and some orings for the first regulator. 
This is their after sales service and customer care. 
I believe they do a discrimination among the countries they sell. USA customers and distributors would never tolerate such an attitude. 

I've owned two FX's. A Ranchero carbine (from the Royal line) which was flawless and a Wildcat MkIII which could never decide where it was going to send the pellet (usually not to my POA). From this experience I doubt I'll put my eggs in the FX basket again. Innovative, yes, but at what expense to the end user. 

My favor has well gone to guns from the Eastern European block and Russia. Love my Edguns and Ataman - never had to do anything to get them to shoot right. Maybe some growing pains with the L2 but those seem to be getting sorted as I saw changes in my serial 3xxx from my original 03xx model. Bleed screw went from 2mm to 2.5mm and seems more solid, etc. Also very pleased with the offerings from Taipan, Kalibrgun and AGT - I have one of each and they are near perfection. 

The one thing I don't see often addressed though is versatility and tuning. When you make a platform that is more tuneable it opens up more places for things to go wrong - either during build or by end user. The Impact is an example, Leshiy 2 another. Compare that with guns that are designed and built as a one trick pony. It's a 0.xx caliber, it comes with a 0.xx caliber setup and tuning is usually reg and hammer spring. Add valve adjuster, harmonics adjusters, quick HS settings, micro HS settings, two regs. That's a lot of complexity there. 

I've owned two FX's. A Ranchero carbine (from the Royal line) which was flawless and a Wildcat MkIII which could never decide where it was going to send the pellet (usually not to my POA). From this experience I doubt I'll put my eggs in the FX basket again. Innovative, yes, but at what expense to the end user. 

My favor has well gone to guns from the Eastern European block and Russia. Love my Edguns and Ataman - never had to do anything to get them to shoot right. Maybe some growing pains with the L2 but those seem to be getting sorted as I saw changes in my serial 3xxx from my original 03xx model. Bleed screw went from 2mm to 2.5mm and seems more solid, etc. Also very pleased with the offerings from Taipan, Kalibrgun and AGT - I have one of each and they are near perfection. 

The one thing I don't see often addressed though is versatility and tuning. When you make a platform that is more tuneable it opens up more places for things to go wrong - either during build or by end user. The Impact is an example, Leshiy 2 another. Compare that with guns that are designed and built as a one trick pony. It's a 0.xx caliber, it comes with a 0.xx caliber setup and tuning is usually reg and hammer spring. Add valve adjuster, harmonics adjusters, quick HS settings, micro HS settings, two regs. That's a lot of complexity there.

Sean,

I think that anytime you have a manufacturer sending out many thousands of guns there are going to be some that slip through the cracks and are simply not up to snuff when shipped. However, as is often the case, we as individuals simply do not have enough information to make completely informed decisions about the overall quality of the particular model, much less the overall quality of the manufacturer in total. After all, most of us have an N of 1 in terms of sample size. Obviously, some have a larger number, and in some cases all bad, however the reverse is also true.

In my case, I have now owned a total of 9 FX airguns, all purchased (and two sold) in the last 15 months. Of these 5 were purchased used from various members here on AGN.

Every single one has been a flawless performer.

The ones I received directly from dealers (SPAW for 3 and Utah for 1) I have generally left at the tune in which I got them. The others have all been tinkered with in terms of adjusting the reg pressure, or the hammer spring. Nothing major, but still, they all worked as advertised and could be returned to the original state with no problems. The list includes a Crown Continuum (New), an Impact (New), a Dreamline (Used), a second Crown (Used), two Wildcat MK3s (both New, on Compact and a Sniper), two Crown MK2s (both Used) and a Verminator (Used).

So, every time that I read how unreliable FX are I simply have to say “not for me” and move on. I must also say that every timeI have reached out to FX-USA with a question, or to order some part (e.g. when I needed shroud parts because I wanted to use a 500mm Wildcat barrel on my Impact), that they have been extremely responsive and helpful.

Clearly I cannot speak to the OPs problem with FX in Greece, and he may well be correct that the service varies by country, but for me, well I am a strong supporter.

Chris