Air Venturi FX Impact M3 vs low budget Air Venturi Bullpup both in .22 cal at 50 meters

This test was done by a very popular spanish speaking airgun reviewer who owns a airgun store in Chile and also have a youtube channel called Caza 342 that use it to promote all the airguns he sells in his business. For this comparison test he used the same JSB 18 grains pellets in both airguns with the same 875 fps tune, to achieve this number he set the reg of the Avenger to 110 bar and the reg of the FX impact to 70 bar, in this country they call the Avenger bullpup the R-2. He used a range finder to measure the distance before, he start the test. As everyone can see, there is not much difference in accuracy between the two (in my opinion the group of the avenger was better) despite the huge difference in price and the FX been considered one the most accurate airguns of the market.

This post by no mean was done to start a war between the high end airguns vs the budget ones, its only to realized that it is not worth to have to invest so much money on a airgun to shoot at this relatively short range. Durring the test he even need to do two different 5 shots groups with the FX and hide one with his hand, because one of them was awful to make the comparison test more equitable between the two airguns. The two groups of the left side were done with the FX Impact and the single one in the right with the avenger bullpup, he was able to completely cover the Avenger group with a dime.

IMG_6234.jpeg

IMG_6236.jpeg

IMG_6245.jpeg

IMG_6244.png

IMG_6247.png

IMG_6249.png

IMG_6243.jpeg

IMG_6246.png

IMG_6241.jpeg

IMG_6239.png

Last edited:
It’s a completely well known fact that today when you bump up to fx or daystate you aren’t really paying for accuracy but shooter experience and the quality of components and build. Those results are not surprising. I owned two avengers and I can assure you they were as accurate as an impact. However they both took a little tlc out of the box to get there. They also felt 100 times cheaper.

It’s a completely well known fact that today when you bump up to fx or daystate you aren’t really paying for accuracy but shooter experience and the quality of components and build. Those results are not surprising. I owned two avengers and I can assure you they were as accurate as an impact. However they both took a little tlc out of the box to get there. They also felt 100 times cheaper.
Well put…

I agree with much of what you say, in the only point I disagree is that supposedly they feel like 100 times cheaper than the more expensive ones, this maybe only applied to the ones that comes with the early cheap synthetic stock but not with the ones with wood stocks. I own three avengers one first gen wood stock in .22 cal and two new Avenge-X classic one .22 and another .25 cal and the main reason why I love this airguns so much if for their incredible accuracy despite their relative affordable price. I also own another high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 in .22 cal and honestly I am having a really hard time trying to outperform my Avengers at this same 50 meters range, despite this airgun is one of the most accurate of the market in his price point. I only use my airguns to practice target shooting in my backyard.

Last edited:
I agree with your opinion, currently own three avengers one first gen wood stock in .22 cal and two new Avenge-X classic one .22 and another .25 cal and the main reason why I love this airguns so much if for their incredible accuracy despite their relative affordable price. I also own another high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 in .22 cal and honestly I am having a really hard time trying to outperform my Avengers at this same 50 meters range, despite this airgun is one of the most accurate of the market in his price point. I only use my airguns to practice target shooting in my backyard.
Thank you for the write up, and I agree with you all!
I wanted desperately to find a .177 august gun, for no other reason than meh, I want one. I have an impact 500 and 600, and an RTI, they’re both great guns and stack pellets, and are just so so with slugs, and I’ve tested over 10 different weights, I buy a XM1 for $472 dollars from Amazon and it shoots slugs like it was made for it…I swill never get rid of the other two, but I’ll never get rid of this one either!

Reactions: Ray_PR
F/X shines on longer range accuracy as well. I have had 2 avengers in .177 and 1 in .22. The 22 was very accurate,both .177s were, meh. Now i just traded a streamline .177 that would put both avengers to shame. My test pellet is always crossman hollow points. It also looks like that impact was not tuned for crap, every FX i have owned and friends rifles that I have shot, do much better groups than what his video is showing, with crossmans and with jsb 18s

Reactions: qball and Blejda
F/X shines on longer range accuracy as well. I have had 2 avengers in .177 and 1 in .22. The 22 was very accurate,both .177s were, meh. Now i just traded a streamline .177 that would put both avengers to shame. My test pellet is always crossman hollow points. It also looks like that impact was not tuned for crap, every FX i have owned and friends rifles that I have shot, do much better groups than what his video is showing, with crossmans and with jsb 18s

Completely agree, as easy as Fx guns are to tune most people don’t know how and ended up with so so or poor results. Just like PBers developing loads for each ammo, each pellet/alug needs fine tuning for best accuracy. The reviewer clearly couldn’t tune the impact and/or not a terribly good shot.

If you look at the impact group it’s all horizontal divination with little vertical divination so it’s all wind. From these groups it’s clear the impact is heads and shoulders above the D2 in accuracy at just 50 yards.

You left out the wonderful experience of changing every darn part on the FX's then putting it back almost stock to have it shoot insanely accurately.

Reactions: Shahrilstephen
I
Completely agree, as easy as Fx guns are to tune most people don’t know how and ended up with so so or poor results. Just like PBers developing loads for each ammo, each pellet/alug needs fine tuning for best accuracy. The reviewer clearly couldn’t tune the impact and/or not a terribly good shot.

If you look at the impact group it’s all horizontal divination with little vertical divination so it’s all wind. From these groups it’s clear the impact is heads and shoulders above the D2 in accuracy at just 50 yards.
I will sort of agree, horizontal deviation can also be caused by heart beats, failure to master the timing on them is crucial.

Reactions: qball

agree on the impacts ease of tuning.

i had my m3 compact running 34gn king heavies at 900,
and since getting my uragan 2,
i wanted to back it down for regular 25gn kings at about 880.

turned down the reg to 95bar,
loaded a mag,
took a shot-bumped up hammer (rinse repeat) till velocity stops rising,
took a few more shots to back it down 20fps,
and a few more to back it down with the valve adjustment another 10fps or so.

881 fps BAM! tuned impact!
and had 5 rounds left in the 25 round mag :cool:

I've got a liberty and a mk2 impact. The liberty is the older brother of the avenger but doesn't use any plastic except for the stock. The biggest difference I see is the tunability of the FX and I can buy every part to repair it. One of my biggest complaints about the liberty and avenger besides the parts situation is the tight bore of the barrel. If I try to shoot any slug except for the AVS slugs it very hard to load them into the breach and the velocities are down. I've given up on shooting slugs out of the liberty and just sticking with pellets. My impact is my slug shooter now. If Nova would make their barrels with the same groove diameter as everyone else I probably wouldn't have bought the impact. Forgot to say both are .22 cal. I have no experience with either in .25.

agree on the impacts ease of tuning.

i had my m3 compact running 34gn king heavies at 900,
and since getting my uragan 2,
i wanted to back it down for regular 25gn kings at about 880.

turned down the reg to 95bar,
loaded a mag,
took a shot-bumped up hammer (rinse repeat) till velocity stops rising,
took a few more shots to back it down 20fps,
and a few more to back it down with the valve adjustment another 10fps or so.

881 fps BAM! tuned impact!
and had 5 rounds left in the 25 round mag :cool:

YUP!!! I can usually tune a pellet in 10-15 minutes and tune for slugs in 15-20 minutes unless pushing at the very edge of capability. Tuning other guns so far has been hours plus a full tin of ammo if not more but I'm not a good gun smith.

You left out the wonderful experience of changing every darn part on the FX's then putting it back almost stock to have it shoot insanely accurately.
I never did that as all of that aftermarket stuff is utterly unnecessary and like you said cause more problems sometimes. For example I just obtained a mk2 30 that was tuned for super power. Heavy spring and 170 bar reg pressures. So not only do I have to change the springs but I also have to change the valve pin as it got “used to” being seated at 170 bar so now doesn’t seal consistently at normal pressure. I just want a stock impact. All I need. Things to think about when getting used guns.

I never did that as all of that aftermarket stuff is utterly unnecessary and like you said cause more problems sometimes. For example I just obtained a mk2 30 that was tuned for super power. Heavy spring and 170 bar reg pressures. So not only do I have to change the springs but I also have to change the valve pin as it got “used to” being seated at 170 bar so now doesn’t seal consistently at normal pressure. I just want a stock impact. All I need. Things to think about when getting used guns.
Frankly neither did I, I started to, have the heavier hammer weights, springs, slug probes, even have a pin probe laying around. The ONLY thing I've done is to swap out the probe to a slug probe, to reduce the air restriction but I'm using the pellet ports on the transfer.

Frankly neither did I, I started to, have the heavier hammer weights, springs, slug probes, even have a pin probe laying around. The ONLY thing I've done is to swap out the probe to a slug probe, to reduce the air restriction but I'm using the pellet ports on the transfer.
I just plan to shoot 44.75 and maybe 50 gr pellets. For now I’m leaving the dual huma port on the barrel and going to see if it tunes fine with the 44.75. If I get some instability I will put the single hole 30 cal port back on. Hopefully the stock hammer and valve springs will do the trick.

Almost every gun I own will match my Impacts at 50 yards with most projectiles. But that’s not why some of us own Impacts. We own them to have way more options that come with the possibilities of us getting way more aggravated. I think videos like this are a good idea. You have to remember, not everyone knows better. We were all new at one time. Green horns should know that it doesn’t take $2,000+ to have an accurate rifle that fits their needs. And keeps them out of divorce proceedings.

This is somewhat of a pointless comparison. You can't just tune two very different rifles identically and then assume that the results are significant. It might be that the FX stacks monsters in a single hole at 940 fps while the Avenger shoots patterns with the same combo or vice versa. All it would prove is that one gun does better with a certain combination. You've got to come up with the individual pellet and the tune that each gun likes and then shoot them side by side when they're both at their best.

Reactions: Max115
Sorry to say this but, the avenger looks god awful. Yes, accuray wise they may shoot at 50 yards somewhat the same, but i guarrentee at longer ranges the avenger will fail horribly.

Also people to shoot rifles that look like real sniper rifles. The Impact is one the best looking tactical PCP's on the market, customize a little bit, put a big fat ldc on it, a really big scope, and it's an eyecatcher.