• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact M3 vs. Daystate Alpha Wolf?

Not really new to PCPs but it's been a while since I first purchased a Career 707 quite a few years ago.

I've been going through "analysis paralysis" and can't decide between these two fine air rifles. Apart from deciding that I want either of them in .22, they both seem to overlap in terms of versatility and tunability. My primary use will be target shooting at ranges up to 100 meters and small game pest control, again up to the same distance. I kind of prefer the ease of electronic power adjustability of the Alpha Wolf but the Impact also has the same adjustability albeit manually so I could probably live with either one.

Do you think that one is more suitable based on my intended use? Are there any real big differences between the two in terms of performance or accuracy?

Reactions: tsktsk07
My first PCP was an Impact. When I got it, it would fire on safe. Learned that it is a fantastice rifle but COMPLEX with lots of moving parts and O rings. That was a deciding point for me. I don't like to tinker much. I just like to shoot. Got a Daystate Pulsar to introduce myself to the wonders of electronic shooting. I do mostly dairy farm pesting and the Pulsar is so versatile I can set it for 50 yards shots out in the fields and then change it to low power and go inside the barns and not worry about putting holes in the farmer's buildings. Sold 3 of my PCPs and got the Alpha Wolf. I think, fingers crossed, the ALpha will do whatever the 3 that I sold did for me. There is a learning curve with the Alpha for me. once I learn it....easy peasy change of FPS, Pellet weight, etc.

If only Daystate would have slug barrel options AND all settings/features to be viewed and set on my phone like just about everything else I own then I’ll definitely give it a try. There is little doubt if done right software driven architecture is superior and more repeatable but IMHO Daystate still got a long way to do.

Then again I look at my phones and damn computers ALL day so it’s nice to shoot something mechanical to get my mind off of them computers. 🤣 If you got the coins to try it then why not, better yet try someone else’s electronic daystate before buying if possible.

Last edited:
Al's Alfa.JPG
I have both rifles - the FX M3 and the Daystate Alpha Wolf. My favorite rifle right now is the Daystate Alpha Wolf.
However, to be fair, I must add that the Alpha Wolf pictured above wears an FX Superior Heavy barrel in .22 cal.
This barrel was modded by a fellow-forum member.
The rifle is very accurate shooting slugs -- esp. Zan 35 grain -- and very easily tuned with the electronic and touchscreen controlled Advanced Velocity Technology.
The touchscreen computer allows the user to tune the rifle with precision, then store the tunes for use when desired.
The FX Impact, with its modularity, is indeed an airgun marvel. However, the Daystate Delta/Alpha Wolf takes that modularity to another level.
Addendum: The Daystate D/A Wolf is quite a bit more robust than the Impact.

Have to agree with that statement. Impact only has the frame on top of the barrel where A/D wolf has a frame boxing the barrel that is much more rigid. This would make the A/D wolf easier to shoot because they aren’t as hold sensitive. Hoping next generation of Impact will also have a fully boxed frame. In the mean time for all the current Impacts hoping the aftermarket backbone frame can address the issues.

To be fair impact started life as a pellet shooter more than 5 years ago and even today if setup right is outrageously good with pellets and nothing I know of can touch it when it comes to slugs but does take a little work.

Last edited:
View attachment 280827I have both rifles - the FX M3 and the Daystate Alpha Wolf. My favorite rifle right now is the Daystate Alpha Wolf.
However, to be fair, I must add that the Alpha Wolf pictured above wears an FX Superior Heavy barrel in .22 cal.
The rifle is very accurate shooting slugs -- esp. Zan 35 grain -- and very easily tuned with the electronic and touchscreen controlled Advanced Velocity Technology.
The touchscreen computer allows the user to tune the rifle with precision, then store the tunes for use when desired.
The FX Impact, with its modularity, is indeed an airgun marvel. However, the Daystate Delta/Alpha Wolf takes that modularity to another level.
what setting do you use for Zan 35 grain? what is the speed?

View attachment 280827I have both rifles - the FX M3 and the Daystate Alpha Wolf. My favorite rifle right now is the Daystate Alpha Wolf.
That’s a great idea to put a FX Barrel in a DW!
I’ve a DW that’s not good with slugs and this would be a solution!
Please could you provide the email of your fellow who get this change done??
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Not really new to PCPs but it's been a while since I first purchased a Career 707 quite a few years ago.

I've been going through "analysis paralysis" and can't decide between these two fine air rifles. Apart from deciding that I want either of them in .22, they both seem to overlap in terms of versatility and tunability. My primary use will be target shooting at ranges up to 100 meters and small game pest control, again up to the same distance. I kind of prefer the ease of electronic power adjustability of the Alpha Wolf but the Impact also has the same adjustability albeit manually so I could probably live with either one.

Do you think that one is more suitable based on my intended use? Are there any real big differences between the two in terms of performance or accuracy?
My take after owning several FX rifles including a M3; as mentioned by OP. But my recommendation is made obvious by what platforms remain in my gun cabinets after 5 years = Daystate / Brocock, then Steyr, RAW and BSA. Slugs aren’t my thing but neither is spending time chasing leaks. My latest experience with the Brocock Ghost leads me to say …. Check it out! I like pretty much ALL air rifles but without thinking my cabinets reveal my choice.

Reactions: tsktsk07
What is the length of the barrel FX installed in your AW? 600 or 700mm??
Tks!