Tuning FX Impact M3 valve adjuster system upgradation

Hi,

I have converted a few M3 valve adjuster system into mk2 valve adjuster system in order to avoid the ugly sound that is created when the front part of valve rod hits the piston pin in the M3 valve adjuster behind which there are two rubber balls.

But my today's experiments made me believed that as far as design of M3 valve system is concerned, it is much superior to Mk2 system.

In M3 system FX has combined the benefits of mk1 and mk2.

In mk1 the valve spring was inside the plenum and only valve travel could be controlled through valve adjuster. But in mk2 the valve spring was between the valve adjuster and the front part of valve pin. No rubber ball was there and as you close the valve, the valve spring gradually goes into the process of coil binding.

In slug power kit, there was a rubber ball inside the lighter valve spring but that was only for very high power.

In M3 system, the front part of valve rod strikes the adjuster piston pin before the spring is coil bound fully. That means that the spring might not get fully closed and before that point the front part of valve rod will hit the adjuster pin and as the adjuster piston pin has rubber balls behind it, it absorbs the hit and let us tune the gun in a good manner.

Now the deal breaker is only the metal to metal contact noise.

Now I plan to bring the M3 valve adjuster system to its original shape with a modification and that is to reduce the pin length of adjuster piston by 4.5mm and insert a rubber ball of 4.5mm inside the spring.

This will make the function of M3 valve adjuster as it should be and there will be no ugly sound of metal to metal contact.

I hope it will produce better results and consistency.

I shall share the results after doing it.

Bhaur

20231228_190831.jpg

20231228_190928.jpg

20240119_180832.jpg

20231228_190831.jpg

20240119_180910.jpg

20231228_190928.jpg

Hello,
The above is a mod I did to my M3 valve stop. The delrin insert separates the valve spring from the valve stop which is also machined in delrin. This also allows the spring to function with much less play and friction. I also included pics of my custom barrel tensioning system which tensions the entire length of the barrel. as well as a custom built suppressor.

Reactions: mubhaur