FX FX impact M3 tune

Hello, new to the thread and forum. Have a question and I was having a difficult time finding an exact answer. Does anybody have a specific tune that they’ve done really well with, with the FX impact and a JSB exact 30 caliber pellet 600 mm barrel 44.75 grain?

Below is a tune that had been recommended, but was looking for different options as well. Thank you for your help.

1st reg 170 bar

2nd 120 bar

Macro wheel 16

Micro 3.5ish

valve 3.5 lines

Solution
@weevil Thank you very much for providing no useful information and being rude.

To the rest appreciate your advice.

I’ll take it from here on my own.
I think the recommended tune is very good starting point. What I would do if I were you. Set the second reg to 120. That is probably decent. I have a mk2 but a 700 mm barrel and I run 108 bar to push 44.75 mid 870 to mid 880 range. You will need a little more with a 600 barrel. I would then turn the valve adjuster out past the fourth line. Set the macro where stated but set the micro at 3 instead of 3.5. Shoot over a chrono while slowly adjusting that micro towards that 3.5 looking for where the velocity plateaus and doesn’t go up. May be before or may be after 3.5...
Unfortunately any tune people provide will be no better or worse than the one you already have. If it shoot as good as you like leave it.
If not any changes will be based on the projectile speed you need and the changes you have to make to achieve it for best accuracy.

It's a balance of reg/hammer/valve you're looking for at the speed you desire.
Differences in springs, valves, seatings, etc will make each rifle a bit different.

Reactions: Ses5925
Thanks for the reply. That is one that has been recommended. I have not tried it yet. I was looking for some insight in regards to the above tune, and/or specific tune that’s worked really well for you for that pellet.
Kind of a lazy circular endeavor, don’t you think? Find a canned tune rather than learn how to tune. Then question whether that tune is good, without trying it, while asking for more canned tunes that’ll inevitably lead to more questions. Why not just follow a tuning guide and make the most of your $2k investment?

@weevil Thank you very much for providing no useful information and being rude.

To the rest appreciate your advice.

I’ll take it from here on my own.
I think the recommended tune is very good starting point. What I would do if I were you. Set the second reg to 120. That is probably decent. I have a mk2 but a 700 mm barrel and I run 108 bar to push 44.75 mid 870 to mid 880 range. You will need a little more with a 600 barrel. I would then turn the valve adjuster out past the fourth line. Set the macro where stated but set the micro at 3 instead of 3.5. Shoot over a chrono while slowly adjusting that micro towards that 3.5 looking for where the velocity plateaus and doesn’t go up. May be before or may be after 3.5. Once you find that spot do the same thing but start turning in the valve adjuster little by little until the velocity just starts to drop by say 10-15 fps. That should be a good spot for your reg setting. If the velocity is way off where you want you will have to re adjust reg. Just keep in mind to fire several shots between making any setting changes. Yes it can get expensive especially with 30 cal. Having a starting point like you do have should make it much quicker however.

Solution
Like Trucker said and weevil was eluding to, you can start with a canned tune, but you have to see if it is legit. Why? Because several things on your gun could be different. If your gauges are different by 5 bar then you will be in a different place than the guy who gave you some numbers. Guys also have different ways of tuning these guns. What one guy considers a great tune, might not be that great to another guy. It’s in your best interest to fully understand how each adjustment affects your gun because down the road when a problem arises, you’ll need to know. If you just want a gun to set, leave alone and enjoy long term, you probably chose the wrong gun. Once you understand the gun and how it works, you will quickly see how pandering for other guys tunes is silly. All the information you need starts with the tune your gun arrived on your doorstep with.

I think the recommended tune is very good starting point. What I would do if I were you. Set the second reg to 120. That is probably decent. I have a mk2 but a 700 mm barrel and I run 108 bar to push 44.75 mid 870 to mid 880 range. You will need a little more with a 600 barrel. I would then turn the valve adjuster out past the fourth line. Set the macro where stated but set the micro at 3 instead of 3.5. Shoot over a chrono while slowly adjusting that micro towards that 3.5 looking for where the velocity plateaus and doesn’t go up. May be before or may be after 3.5. Once you find that spot do the same thing but start turning in the valve adjuster little by little until the velocity just starts to drop by say 10-15 fps. That should be a good spot for your reg setting. If the velocity is way off where you want you will have to re adjust reg. Just keep in mind to fire several shots between making any setting changes. Yes it can get expensive especially with 30 cal. Having a starting point like you do have should make it much quicker however.
@Trucker3573 great info. Thank you!

I somewhat share @weevil sentiment. Specially because you said you couldn't find anything exact, but just a few days ago someone made a post as to how to tune your impact and what to start off with. Not to mention that every couple of days someone is asking how to tune their M3 so there are plenty of responses with different tunes to try.

I appreciate you helping. Where as you may share the same sentiment you were very helpful. It’s easy to forget some people are new to this and completely fact finding mode to educated themselves. I came to this forum for information and have received it.

I didnt come to be chastised by the air gun elites for not trying out my gun as others think I should. Some people may have been doing this for years. Others a couple weeks/months.

I have found the guys at Utah AirGuns can be very helpful. It may take a few days but they should get back to you with a recommended tune. Send them the pertinent information to:

[email protected]

Good luck!
Thank you so much bro I have send him email
fx m3 .25 700mm barrel.
Used slug NSA .25 26.8 gr slug.
Used slug power kit.
Used barrel sleeve.
Used liner sleeve.

Thank you so much bro I have send him email
fx m3 .25 700mm barrel.
Used slug power kit.
Used barrel sleeve.
Used liner sleeve.
Hello, in my experience the FX Slug Power kit is really only useful if you are going to max out your rear regulator at 150-160Bar. The tungsten hammer weight they include is way too heavy to use with factory FX regulators. If I were you I would try something like 150Bar on the front/first regulator and 130Bar on the rear/second regulator as a maximum. You can tune the hammer tension and power wheel to match from there. But you will probably end up having to buy a lighter weight hammer. The other option is to use Huma high pressure regulators that can be safely adjusted to higher pressures without damaging them. The FX regs are really only mean to go up to 150-160Bar, and you need ~20-30Bar differential between them. But I think with the lighter slugs you have 150/130Bar reg settings and the correct hammer weight will be all the power you need to max out fps ~1050.

Reactions: syedjewel
Hello, in my experience the FX Slug Power kit is really only useful if you are going to max out your rear regulator at 150-160Bar. The tungsten hammer weight they include is way too heavy to use with factory FX regulators. If I were you I would try something like 150Bar on the front/first regulator and 130Bar on the rear/second regulator as a maximum. You can tune the hammer tension and power wheel to match from there. But you will probably end up having to buy a lighter weight hammer. The other option is to use Huma high pressure regulators that can be safely adjusted to higher pressures without damaging them. The FX regs are really only mean to go up to 150-160Bar, and you need ~20-30Bar differential between them. But I think with the lighter slugs you have 150/130Bar reg settings and the correct hammer weight will be all the power you need to max out fps ~1050.
It sounds like upgrades are overpowering his ability to tune with a slug this light. This is a natural mistake I am happy I didn’t make as I learn more.

Reactions: syedjewel
It sounds like upgrades are overpowering his ability to tune with a slug this light. This is a natural mistake I am happy I didn’t make as I learn more.
Yeah for reference my MKII Impact 25Cal 700mm has a single Huma Regulator set at 150Bar and my hammer weight is only a few grams heavier than stock. The FX Tungsten is like double the weight of stock. A lot of people run into a situation where they cant lower the fps not matter the reg setting because the Tungsten hammer weight is too heavy and hits the valve way too hard. However if you are running really high reg settings you would need the heavy hammer weight.

Each setup is different but mine runs Nielsen 34.9g slugs at ~1005fps at 150Bar. So a lighter slug should be golden at a lower final reg pressure, ~120-130Bar. You dont really want to sling them too fast anyway to keep the noise down, and keep the slugs stable. Anywhere from 850-1050fps is fine for a slug, and accuracy is really the higher priority usually. In my case I dont mind trading a small amount of accuracy to get the higher speeds since I mainly use mine for hunting. Golfball size groups at 50yds is my maximum, but most of my rifles do much much better.

Another thing to consider when using lighter slugs is some of the Heavy Slug Liners might be too fast of a twist rate to shoot well. The standard STX Superior liner works great with pellets and light slugs.

There should really be a disclaimer on impacts for installing power kits like this. A lot of people assume it can only expand the guns capabilities but it really limits what you can do only on the extreme high end of the power range.
I have removed power kit now
still have same problem
Some one help me for setup
fx m3 .25 700mm barrel.
Used barrel sleeve.
Used liner sleeve