FX FX Impact M3 trigger improved to match grade level YouTube video

I have been working on FX Impact triggers for a couple of years.

Initially I installed such a ball detent plunger whose spring tension was adjustable and also installed lighter trigger return spring. It helped.

Later I made a new designed trigger. It is very good from many aspects but it could not engage safety. Further since I was limited to the OEM designed 5 pins in the trigger assembly, not edequate space was available to do the needful so that the safety could work properly.

A few days ago I watched a video of "Sub 12 Airgunners". It was about improving Panthera trigger.

One interesting thing in this video is that he changed the angle of the wheel shaped sear.

I normally don't change the angles of sears.

When I inspected in depth, I found that changing the angle of the wheel sear in Impact is safe.

I did three improvements;
Installed lighter trigger return spring
Reduced the spring tension of ball detent plunger
and changed the angle of wheel sear

The trigger is amazingly nice. Light 1st stage, well defined 2nd stage and crisp and light break of 2nd stage.

The trigger gets back every time from the pulled 1st stage whatsoever.

There is a point to which I would like to draw your attention without belittling anyone. In fact Panthera trigger is very much like FX Royal 400 trigger and due to the different style of upper sear in these triggers, these are inherently better in use. But Impact's trigger is a different animal.

Following is the video where you can see how this all has been done.

Bhaur

Bhaur, were you saying you heated the ball detent plunger? If so, what did you use and how hot? Trial and error? A good, close-up photo of the before and after sear wheel work over would be great to see.
Keep up the good work.
Just removed the original ball detent plunger from the trigger bar. Then gradually heated the screw on a stove and in-between started pressing the ball. Feeling the tension of the spring behind the ball.

When felt that a slight softness has been achieved. Then installed the trigger and tested it. It was still a bit harder than required.

Repeated the heating procedure and achieved the required softness in spring. Installed and tested the break point and it was fine.

I shall arrange pics of worked trigger wheel vs new trigger wheel.

nubhaur :)
When you finished this project....Next thing I can suggest?
Make the trigger release for 45 degree angle "tap only".... that means your fingertip is not pulling the trigger back towards you but from about 45 degree you just touch=tap it. Much less effect on torque ;)
btw...I am tinkering right now to eliminate the 5 dowels so I can fit in my own assembly.

Reactions: mubhaur
I have been working on FX Impact triggers for a couple of years.

Initially I installed such a ball detent plunger whose spring tension was adjustable and also installed lighter trigger return spring. It helped.

Later I made a new designed trigger. It is very good from many aspects but it could not engage safety. Further since I was limited to the OEM designed 5 pins in the trigger assembly, not edequate space was available to do the needful so that the safety could work properly.

A few days ago I watched a video of "Sub 12 Airgunners". It was about improving Panthera trigger.

One interesting thing in this video is that he changed the angle of the wheel shaped sear.

I normally don't change the angles of sears.

When I inspected in depth, I found that changing the angle of the wheel sear in Impact is safe.

I did three improvements;
Installed lighter trigger return spring
Reduced the spring tension of ball detent plunger
and changed the angle of wheel sear

The trigger is amazingly nice. Light 1st stage, well defined 2nd stage and crisp and light break of 2nd stage.

The trigger gets back every time from the pulled 1st stage whatsoever.

There is a point to which I would like to draw your attention without belittling anyone. In fact Panthera trigger is very much like FX Royal 400 trigger and due to the different style of upper sear in these triggers, these are inherently better in use. But Impact's trigger is a different animal.

Following is the video where you can see how this all has been done.

Bhaur

I watched your videos. Any plans for a panthera trigger.

nubhaur :)
When you finished this project....Next thing I can suggest?
Make the trigger release for 45 degree angle "tap only".... that means your fingertip is not pulling the trigger back towards you but from about 45 degree you just touch=tap it. Much less effect on torque ;)
btw...I am tinkering right now to eliminate the 5 dowels so I can fit in my own assembly.
I understand that you are talking about the angle of the trigger blade.

Following are some trigger blades. Which kind you are talking about!

SL00210B-1-600x600.jpegScreenshot_20240105_043933.jpgScreenshot_20240105_044019.jpgScreenshot_20240105_044050.jpg

:) not the angle of a trigger blade, but an angle how you trigger.
Just grab the grip, index (trigger finger) extended straight.
Instead wrapping your finger first joint around the front of the trigger, just tap it with the finger tip from the side about 45 degree, or maybe 30 depend of a grip "depth and what is your finger pull length.

Last edited:
All I can say is wow, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I did the previous mod with the adjustable second stage spring. But this mod with the cutting back what I call the Pac-Man made all the difference!
20240114_165458.jpg

20240114_165447.jpg

I was very Skeptical about whether or not this would work so I bought another pacman while visiting Utah air the other week. Today I cut back the pacman and it totally scared the poop out of me. I thought I totally messed up and would have to put my back up in. But after screwing with adjustments quite a bit I finally got what I wanted. Thank you

Below you can see what i have currently. I may do some more adjustments but it's a ton better than it was before. It's a little bit blurry. I cocked it then showed my safety. Pulled the safety off and showed 4 times the first stage. Then my second stage firing. The first stage tend to hang up before. Not anymore.

Thank you again Mubhaur!

Allen

• Love