FX Fx impact M3 sounding louder?

Hi all.

I own a Fx impact M3 in .25cal, i have it tuned to shoot 39g slugs at 960fps, i have used the same tune since june 2021, everything internally is stock, Airmarksman backbone rail fitted,saber tactical front rail fitted etc. Recently i have noticed it sounds louder at the breech end, i changed the orings on the transfer port and the breech oring, but it still sounds a little louder than it used to, any ideas??.

I’ve had the same thing happen. I replaced the two orings on the transfer port end of the barrel and it was cured. A piece of toilet paper between the barrel and backbone slid back to the breech confirmed the leak. My gun started making a pop sound instead of only hearing the crisp sound coming from the muzzle.

I’ve had the same thing happen. I replaced the two orings on the transfer port end of the barrel and it was cured. A piece of toilet paper between the barrel and backbone slid back to the breech confirmed the leak. My gun started making a pop sound instead of only hearing the crisp sound coming from the muzzle.
After a little more research i think it may well be the small oring on the end of the valve rod, seems to be a common occurrence so i will order a new one in the morning along with a few others.

After a little more research i think it may well be the small oring on the end of the valve rod, seems to be a common occurrence so i will order a new one in the morning along with a few others.
I would go with what Vetmx said first before you check the oring on the valve rod (which I'm told is a severe PITA to replace). I've had this happen to my Impacts a couple of times in the past and it was typically the orings on the barrel or breech oring that were the cause . . . and they were much easier to replace.

I would go with what Vetmx said first before you check the oring on the valve rod (which I'm told is a severe PITA to replace). I've had this happen to my Impacts a couple of times in the past and it was typically the orings on the barrel or breech oring that were the cause . . . and they were much easier to replace.
I replaced the breech oring and the two orings on the barrel already, as far as i can tell from looking on YouTube, the only other places to look at are the valve rod oring, i will replace it and see what happens.

I replaced the breech oring and the two orings on the barrel already, as far as i can tell from looking on YouTube, the only other places to look at are the valve rod oring, i will replace it and see what happens.
Before you tear your gun down to pieces, diagnose that little oring first. Single load and a piece of tape. Never tear an Impact down that far on a whim. You might aggravate it.

Reactions: Redwolfpaul25
Hi all.

I own a Fx impact M3 in .25cal, i have it tuned to shoot 39g slugs at 960fps, i have used the same tune since june 2021, everything internally is stock, Airmarksman backbone rail fitted,saber tactical front rail fitted etc. Recently i have noticed it sounds louder at the breech end, i changed the orings on the transfer port and the breech oring, but it still sounds a little louder than it used to, any ideas??.
Q-Tips? 🤣

Before you tear your gun down to pieces, diagnose that little oring first. Single load and a piece of tape. Never tear an Impact down that far on a whim. You might aggravate it.
Lmao. I have tore mine down a hundred times. Once you do it a few times it gets pretty quick and easy. That small oring at the end of the valve rod does require the most work out of all of them. I also learned the light valve return springs cause that oring to break far easier if you adjust the valve rod adjuster too much.