Fx impact M3 second reg slow recovery.

Hey everyone, i use a M3 in .25cal first reg at 175bar , second at 155 bar and use 41g slugs at 960-965fps on power setting 16 and for 33.95g king heavy mk2s at about 960fps i use power setting 10. Last night i was doing some chrono testing and i noticed the velocity would jump 10-15 fps higher when the second reg hadnt recovered properly ( it would stick at about 145bar) but after another shot was fired the plenum would refill properly and the second reg would then settle back to where it should be, thus giving me my normal expected velocity for the 33.95g pellets.
Is there anything i can do to remedy this slow reg recovery/sticking ? Would changing the second reg washer stack do anything? Or maybe install a huma reg??

When you say bypassed, do you mean you removed it entirely?

Reactions: Redwolfpaul25
Not a huge one. Refill time is instantaneous and when you fall off the first reg it was more consistent. Imo, when you run the 2nd reg at higher pressure like I do for slug shooting the 1st reg can become pointless and just interferes with the intent. Mine is a 35 cal btw, so I don't know how it would effect a 25 or 30 cal. You may see more of a benefit of a 300 bar bottle with the 1st reg, but you also have to account for the gun is only rated at 250 bar. While the 1st reg can manage that, if the 1st reg breaks all that pressure ends up on the 2nd reg and in the gun.

I believe FX recommends at least +30b in the 1st reg. Remember it’s just a step down so that all 250b or 300b doesn’t sit on the 2nd reg.

You might try 190-200b on the 1st reg before disassembling and polishing anything.
So i upped the front reg pressure to 190 bar and the second reg to 160 and now its working wonderfully! Quick plenum refills and the consistancy is straight away better, i took it out at 100 yards and it was grouping well under a inch so all good.

I opened my 1st reg so that it is basically pointless. 190 bar. My second is at 140.
The 2 reg system is a great sales gimmick but serves little purpose other than to sell guns. The location of the first reg on an M3 should show that FX didn’t take its function seriously. Have to take the bottle off to adjust it? The location of the second is bad enough.
As others have pointed out, the Panthera does not use a 2 reg system, neither does the Crown or any other FX gun except the Maverick.
I was not aware there was a first reg delete fitting. Will be getting one of those very soon. Thanks Michael for posting that link!!

I've deleted mine as well. I have the Huma 2nd reg installed and set at 175bar. I have had no issues with the setup since deleting it. Going on a year now, since removal.
By deleting the first reg does that solve the problem that if your fx sits for a couple hours or several days you have to dry fire it or shoot 3 pellets to be able to hit zero again?

By deleting the first reg does that solve the problem that if your fx sits for a couple hours or several days you have to dry fire it or shoot 3 pellets to be able to hit zero again?
Most definitely not. Best case it would make no difference. Worst case it would make the problem more severe.