Fx impact M3 - Second Reg. Replacement with huma reg

I don’t really have any issues yet.

When I first got it , late last fall. I kept having problems with the reg leaking. The 2.5mm Allen seemed to be rounding out. I eventually found out that that it was was actually cracked. I got a replacement under warranty and installed it with no issues.

So I’m playing around with some different pressures and pellets and it seems like it’s rounding out again.

I’m using a 2.5mm Allen with a ball end like you are suppose to. And it’s a new one so it’s not like it’s an old beat up one.

I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong. I’m VERY careful when I adjust it up and absolutely make sure all air is out if I adjust it down. 

So I was just wondering if the Huma one is a better design and/or if it actually does reduce the extreme spreads like it promises.

Is it worth it.

Well, I thought I was doing the right thing by using a ball end. I’m sure I either read it or saw it somewhere on an Ernest Rowe video. I haven’t looked at it closely yet but just from the feel of it, I think it’s rounding out again.

So, I’m sure I’m no longer under warranty… If, I have to replace it anyway? This is why I was kind of wondering if I should go with a Huma one.

Eh, it’s just a thought.

Imo, the Huma is a better design. Brass piston, it does seat against a plastic valve disc but as long as you never adjust down with air in it, it's rock solid. Huma does provide extra valve discs with the reg and it's been the only thing I've had to replace on my humas. I haven't stopwatch tested it but I feel it does cycle up faster. 

Lots of variables in play for ES, but in terms of consistent reg pressures, it's a champ. Left mine for a week straight with a full bottle fill (keep in mind, I have no front reg) and it held the same pressure with zero creep. I have to do a full polish to amp regs to get that same performance and service them more often.

I do like just being able to shove a flat bladed mini screwdriver in there to adjust. The Huma does have a smaller adjustment scale vs the amp--eg, a 1/8 turn on the Huma is more like a full turn on the amp for the same pressure adjustment (not exact but putting it into perspective). Also when you adjust the Huma, the pressure changes immediately vs the weird game I have to play with the amps. 

To each their own opinion though. :) 

If you’re a chronic tuner you should probably stick with the AMP. Like Glem said, just make sure you’re engaged. Remember, guys that make videos either one, have access to unlimited parts or two, are in a hurry because they are trying to squeeze everything into a video. If you don’t learn to read between the lines in this hobby, you’re going to be wasting a ton of money.