• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact M3 recomend tuning for 22 cal 23 gr H&N slug HP

Hello fellow Airgun Enthusiasts. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I would like to have a fx company recommended tuning for my FX Impact M3 for shooting 22 cal. H&N 23 gr slug HP.

I have a stock Fx Impact M3 with a 1:24 twist rate line so I can only shoot slugs upto 23 gr (as mentioned on the fx USA website)(https://fxairguns-usa.com/fx-superior-stx-liner-twist-rates/).

I would also like to know different make and weight slugs that would work best for my Impact M3.

Thank you
Talha

I doubt FX has a “factory” tune for any projectile.
Each gun is an individual and no one tune works equally in all guns.
When the M3 came out there was a marketing push stating we could just share tunes. That nonsense has thankfully died. It doesn’t work that way. you have to find what weight slug works in your liner and then find the ideal speed for it and tune by testing.
My M3 likes Zan and NSA 23 gr slugs but also shoots NSA 27.5 gr slugs in .217. My wife’s M3 prefers NSA 24.8’s. Both guns are 600mm the only difference being hers is bronze and mine is black.
You have some work ahead to find the just right slug for the gun.

I doubt FX has a “factory” tune for any projectile.
Each gun is an individual and no one tune works equally in all guns.
When the M3 came out there was a marketing push stating we could just share tunes. That nonsense has thankfully died. It doesn’t work that way. you have to find what weight slug works in your liner and then find the ideal speed for it and tune by testing.
My M3 likes Zan and NSA 23 gr slugs but also shoots NSA 27.5 gr slugs in .217. My wife’s M3 prefers NSA 24.8’s. Both guns are 600mm the only difference being hers is bronze and mine is black.
You have some work ahead to find the just right slug for the gun.
Thank you for our reply 🙏 I totally understand what you said. I will definitely try the Zan & NSA 23 gr. But I doubt NSA 27.5's will work well on my 1:24 TW barrel.