Other FX Impact M3 & RAW BM500X shooting today groups Pics

Got chance to shoot at 55 yards with my FX Impact M3 .22 with BSA solid hammer forged barrel using 18.13 grain jsb at 950fps. The group is 10 shots CTC around 0.37".

20231226_172554.jpg

20240210_192802.jpg

The other group as shown below is also 10 shots group using my RAW BM500X .22 with 25 grain redesigned pellets at 910 fps. It is shot using cut rifled barrel. The distance is again 55 yards.

Screenshot_20240210_212031.jpg

It's 0.39" CTC group.

20240210_192709.jpg

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Last edited:
Hey Mubhaur,
Nice shooting on very modified guns (y).

- Since you have done extensive testing on each, how would you compare the shooting/engineering experience of the BM500x vs. the HW1000x?
Go into as much detail as desired;).

View attachment 434075
Thank you 😊

I understand that there is some differences in design of internal parts between HM1000X and BM500X.

Quality control feels very similar.

The power potential of my BM500X .22 is less than my HM1000X .22.

I might improve the power potential of my BM500X by installing a balanced valve.

So far I have just installed a peek valve and anti hammer bounce device on BM500X.

At around 145 bars regulator pressure, the maximum I can achieve with my BM500X using .22 25 grain redesigned pellets is around 915fps.

While without major modifications my HM1000X is capable of producing around 950fps using same regulator pressure and same 25 grain pellets.

The other major difference is that my BM500X has cut rifled barrel. This barrel was designed around 18.13 grain jsb pellets as Martin has advised but 25 grain redesigned shoot great from this barrel. I might try to see the accuracy of the cut rifled barrel at higher power at around 960fps with 25 grain redesigned pellets. For this I would have to install an external plenum and balanced valve.

The twist rate of cut rifled barrel is 1:27 , still it is shooting 25 grain redesigned great at 910 fps even at long distances while in order to shoot the same 25 grain redesigned accurately at long ranges I need to shoot them at around 980fps using FX superior liner.

My BM500X has indexable barrel system. It must be a very good thing but I could not find much difference as I have already modified my HM1000X and have incorporated indexable barrel system in it.

The regulator in both the guns seems very similar. All other things are very identical.

I hope this would be helpful.

Bhaur

Mubhaur,
Not meant to be a negative, but that's the problem with many airgun parts - lack of availability to average folks.

Hardcore air gunner's will however, jump through the necessary hoops. I guess most, but very mainstream hobbies are like this:(.
There's not enough $$$ involved for vendors to provide this service unless it's already part of their business plan.
- Average Tinkerers (like myself), also believe it ain't worth the hassle to seek out ........ that's kinda where I draw the line - if the tools cost too much for the marginal gain, I'm not doing it.

What's nice is AGN/GTA provide platforms where we can see such mods and their potential benefits:).

• Love
Reactions: mubhaur