• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Impact M3 - fired with bolt open

My buddy just purchased an Impact M3 from this site and was shooting it for the second time so it’s still brand new to him. He accidentally fired it with the bolt open and now it’s leaking at the first regulator gauge. He emptied the magazine (25 or so shots) and it functioned fine. It‘s still leaking air.

Where does he start? He’s a powder burner gun builder but new to PCP…

Any help would be appreciated.

BB

My buddy just purchased an Impact M3 from this site and was shooting it for the second time so it’s still brand new to him. He accidentally fired it with the bolt open and now it’s leaking at the first regulator gauge. He emptied the magazine (25 or so shots) and it functioned fine. It‘s still leaking air.

Where does he start? He’s a powder burner gun builder but new to PCP…

Any help would be appreciated.

BB
I would be surprised if the breech o-ring is in place.

He's going to have to disassemble the impact and might voild is warranty.
Is it leaking from the first regulator gauge? Explain more on where it is leaking.
Blown an o-ring just need to find switch one...lol
He bought it used, does the warranty transfer to the new owner?

Taking things apart isn’t a problem to him, just looking for some experience on where to start.

It felt like it was coming out of the first reg gauge. We were outside, had been shooting other guns for awhile and were cold so it wasn’t a good situation to diagnose it. When we got back to warmth, he took the bottle off and then the gauge but didn’t have a leak then without the bottle. We need to put the bottle and gauge back on, put some more air in it and then see where the air is coming from with the plastic cover off the gauge.

Releasing a shot with a lever open happened to many of us. I even made one dampener back in that time :(

20211018_103527.jpg

Reactions: 450BM