Tuning FX Impact M3 Compact .30 with a Power Block

I run a 600mm on my 30 impact m3 and found the sweet spot for the 30 hybrids at 945fps. Reg set at 160. Standard hammer but the two washers from the slug power kit installed.
Doubt you will get over 1000fps with that 500mm barrel. Also, I think you are just wasting air running a tungsten hammer on any barrel shorter than 700mm.

Reactions: Seeker
The real question is if it’s worth it. My M3 compact is about all out of gas shooting 21gr slugs at 938fps. After that you face the laws of diminishing returns. If you want the performance of a big gun, buy a longer barrel and save yourself a lot of grief. Or will the next thing be is it possible for a 600mm .30 to shoot 1,100fps? Chasing stuff is fun, to a point.

Hi,

Is it possible to achieve a little over 1000FPS with FX Hybrids .30 and a 500mm barrel with almost stock Impact M3 with a Power Plenum? The only modification is a tungsten hammer weight. Reg pressure is about 185 bars.

What are your observations and thoughts?

Thanks!

Tough one, might be possible because the Hybrids are light. With reg at 185 and tungsten hammer it might get you there or at least very close. Keep us updated because this is very interesting. Obviously it will be very hard to tune, my WAG is you will get to about 960-970.