• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact m3 compact .25 failed

Decided to pull the trigger on a new FX impact m3 compact 25 cal and what a disappointment. It was a beautiful gun to start with but half way through my first magazine, already have a leaking gun. About the 12 shot mark, I notice there's a puff of air in my face when I take a shot. First regulator is dropping below 150 bar and doesn't hold anymore. Not bad mouthing FX but just sharing my experience, FX need to up their quality control.

Send it back and buy something that is not so complex and a gun that is user friendly , Some one told me not sure how true it is that the FX Impact has more O rings then any gun built,,, I have not pulled the triger on a FX Impact yet, There are hundreds of videos showing how to repair and re ring the gun,

I am kind of the strange one in the crowd , I just like shooting , I do not like working on my guns, I got a 22 Cricket that I have had eight or nine years still shooting like a dream, Non of my guns have ever been worked on except my Vulcan 177 , I screwed the hammer spring in all the way,,, Saved by ZX10, Thank you..

Mike 

From what you describe it sounds like the tiny o-ring on the end of the valve pin failed on you. They would not know it was bad if it was werqing before as it failed on you. You would need to tear your gun all apart to make the repair so unless you are mechanically inclined it should probly go back to FX. There are however many videos out on Impact teardowns and repairs if you feel so inclined. Myself I don't like other people werqing on my stuff so will usually do the repair myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dapIgTtpedc&ab_channel=FXAirguns

From what you describe it sounds like the tiny o-ring on the end of the valve pin failed on you. They would not know it was bad if it was werqing before as it failed on you. You would need to tear your gun all apart to make the repair so unless you are mechanically inclined it should probly go back to FX. There are however many videos out on Impact teardowns and repairs if you feel so inclined. Myself I don't like other people werqing on my stuff so will usually do the repair myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dapIgTtpedc&ab_channel=FXAirguns

You might be right. Does breaking the the gun down voids the warranty? 

I don't own an FX, wouldn't mind getting my hands on one some day. 

But what alarms me with the original post is someone registers, and his/her first and only post is negative towards a brand. To me this is just like those Amazon reviews. 

USELESS...............just saying.

Might be useless to you because you're not buying one.

...FX need to up their quality control.

Yes, sad but true.

I've recently returned a Dreamline Tact and an M3 to the vendor for refund (nice that some vendors allow this within a 60 day window). Dreamline issues really surprised me as this is a pretty simple gun in comparison to other FXs. But when I shot it for the first time (just getting chrono numbers at different hammer spring wheel settings), I first got an average of 861 fps at HS=22, with an ES of 7 and an SD of 2.1. It seemed really nice for some of the first shots out of the gun. So I ran it at other HS settings, re-filled with air as it was getting close to the reg pressure, and continued on. Nothing seemed to beat HS=22, so I ran 10 more shots there and got avg 829 fps, ES=18 and SD=6.1. A little head scratching on my part, so I ran some more settings, re-filled as necessary, and eventually went back to HS=22 for a 3rd time. This time avg was 773 fps with an ES=44 and an SD=14.1. WTF? And all of this occurred within the first hour of shooting my new gun.

There is probably something I could have done to address this performance. But I have gotten gun shy about FXs which don't work right out of the box. I had bought an Impact MkII probably a month before the M3's came out. Gun shot pretty well, but the gun had a funny squeak when the plenum was refilling, and pretty much during every shooting session it would start to leak air between shots until I did a rapid cock & dry fire multiple times. Contacted FX about this months ago and they were very nice - we'll send you repair parts or you can send the gun in. I chose to get the parts (in hindsight I probably should have just sent the gun in). It took me until yesterday to get up the courage to get into my Impact and replace the valve house and valve/rod. Deepest I have ever been into an Impact, and probably don't want to go that deep again. But it seems to work better now - we'll see after a shooting session today.

Gun I'm sending back today is an M3 which I hadn't shot since receiving it last month. Now I recall the gun having 100+bar in it when I received it - I always cock and fire any new gun I receive in a safe direction just to ensure that a pellet wasn't left in the chamber. But when I went to scope it up for its first testing, the pressure in it was close to zero. So small leak somewhere. Could probably have found and fixed it, but it is a brand new gun so back it goes for a refund.

And that doesn't even count the Mav Compact I bought maybe 6 months ago, which really wanted to dump all of its air between shots during a shooting session. That one went back for a refund as well.

I don't know whether end-user complaints will be enough encouragement to FX to up their quality control game. But they have to be spending more money than they want in having to fix new guns, and ultimately the dealers may have a loud enough voice as they keep getting new FX's back, to either refund the customer's money or to have to fix.

But in the end I guess that I am a contributor to this issue. Yes, I'm an FX fanboy. I keep on buying their guns even though I have recently been getting some with issues. In the end I have many more great FX guns than problem ones. But still too many problem ones seem to be getting through these days to the end user.

Hi Turtlesoul20, 

Please give our customer service a call or e-mail and we will help provide the best solution as fast as possible. Also if you do work on it yourself please feel free to call our technician department and they can help guide you through any questions that may arise. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA 

Contact Information:

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

...FX need to up their quality control.

Yes, sad but true.

I've recently returned a Dreamline Tact and an M3 to the vendor for refund (nice that some vendors allow this within a 60 day window). Dreamline issues really surprised me as this is a pretty simple gun in comparison to other FXs. But when I shot it for the first time (just getting chrono numbers at different hammer spring wheel settings), I first got an average of 861 fps at HS=22, with an ES of 7 and an SD of 2.1. It seemed really nice for some of the first shots out of the gun. So I ran it at other HS settings, re-filled with air as it was getting close to the reg pressure, and continued on. Nothing seemed to beat HS=22, so I ran 10 more shots there and got avg 829 fps, ES=18 and SD=6.1. A little head scratching on my part, so I ran some more settings, re-filled as necessary, and eventually went back to HS=22 for a 3rd time. This time avg was 773 fps with an ES=44 and an SD=14.1. WTF? And all of this occurred within the first hour of shooting my new gun.

There is probably something I could have done to address this performance. But I have gotten gun shy about FXs which don't work right out of the box. I had bought an Impact MkII probably a month before the M3's came out. Gun shot pretty well, but the gun had a funny squeak when the plenum was refilling, and pretty much during every shooting session it would start to leak air between shots until I did a rapid cock & dry fire multiple times. Contacted FX about this months ago and they were very nice - we'll send you repair parts or you can send the gun in. I chose to get the parts (in hindsight I probably should have just sent the gun in). It took me until yesterday to get up the courage to get into my Impact and replace the valve house and valve/rod. Deepest I have ever been into an Impact, and probably don't want to go that deep again. But it seems to work better now - we'll see after a shooting session today.

Gun I'm sending back today is an M3 which I hadn't shot since receiving it last month. Now I recall the gun having 100+bar in it when I received it - I always cock and fire any new gun I receive in a safe direction just to ensure that a pellet wasn't left in the chamber. But when I went to scope it up for its first testing, the pressure in it was close to zero. So small leak somewhere. Could probably have found and fixed it, but it is a brand new gun so back it goes for a refund.

And that doesn't even count the Mav Compact I bought maybe 6 months ago, which really wanted to dump all of its air between shots during a shooting session. That one went back for a refund as well.

I don't know whether end-user complaints will be enough encouragement to FX to up their quality control game. But they have to be spending more money than they want in having to fix new guns, and ultimately the dealers may have a loud enough voice as they keep getting new FX's back, to either refund the customer's money or to have to fix.

But in the end I guess that I am a contributor to this issue. Yes, I'm an FX fanboy. I keep on buying their guns even though I have recently been getting some with issues. In the end I have many more great FX guns than problem ones. But still too many problem ones seem to be getting through these days to the end user.

Wow! You spend more times dealing with problems than enjoying them guns. 

Hi Turtlesoul20, 

Please give our customer service a call or e-mail and we will help provide the best solution as fast as possible. Also if you do work on it yourself please feel free to call our technician department and they can help guide you through any questions that may arise. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA 

Contact Information:

Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
[email protected]

Sent one already. 

Hi Turtlesoul20, 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA 

Contact Information:

Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
[email protected]

Good Luck on that one. I called, emailed and Never got a response back from the tech's. Nada! I tired several times and I was always pleasant.

Came time to order a new shooter, I skipped, (very unwillingly) the much wanted MK-III and went with the Uragan. Thousands of slugs down range. Issues? None!!!

I rally wanted a new FX. Sad to say, for the time being and near future, I've written them off my list. GRRRRRR!

KnifeMaker

Wow! You spend more times dealing with problems than enjoying them guns.

FX's are some really excellent guns when they are working right, and I've ended up with a 'bunch' of keepers and I enjoy shooting them a lot. I've just had a run of bad luck with them lately, as you did with your first one.

And I've had other 'first guns' from other brands, which have turned me off to those brands when they did not work properly out of the box. I do understand your frustrations.

The FXs can be so good. But I am to the point where if the incoming one has issues too, it will be going back and I will knock off buying any more for a year or so to see what possibly improves with their QC.

@KnifeMaker: not to doubt your personal experience but I always had very quick response from FX service. Granted all my calls are about minor stuff like a gauge or orings but always been impressed with their customer service. 

my Dreamline came with a faulty gauge but FX sent me one with a quick call. Then because I mess with my guns too much one of the oring leaked but a little grease fixed it. Fortunately out my 6 FX purchase all have been great, 7th should be here today so hope my luck keeps going. As long as major components hold up an oring or two isn’t worth the hassle and time to send it back. Boat load of videos on how to work on them with FX shipping replacement parts next day I don’t foresee any major issues at least from my point of view.

I do get you want your guns to be perfect out of box but no one bats 100, even my cars(multiple brands) aren’t perfect brand new and they cost a lot more.