• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning fx impact m3 compact .25 cal (500 mm) tune for Hades

Sounds like a lot but it’s not. It took me longer to type this than it does to actually do it. The reason why you don’t need starting points is because it only takes a couple minutes to establish your own starting points for your gun. When you learn the process, you learn your gun. One tiny thing different about my gun makes it behave way different than your gun. Yes, they’re that sensitive.

I've almost typed this exact thing a few times. M3 tune sharing is one of the most detrimental things to impact owners right now. The M3 is the fastest PCP to tune from scratch, and that is what should be promoted. Feels like we need to light up the Bob Sterne bat-signal for a fresh PCP tuning write-up that can reach the masses.

I hope spikex41 reads this before he sets fire to his Impact.

LOL

Sounds like a lot but it’s not. It took me longer to type this than it does to actually do it. The reason why you don’t need starting points is because it only takes a couple minutes to establish your own starting points for your gun. When you learn the process, you learn your gun. One tiny thing different about my gun makes it behave way different than your gun. Yes, they’re that sensitive.

I've almost typed this exact thing a few times. M3 tune sharing is one of the most detrimental things to impact owners right now. The M3 is the fastest PCP to tune from scratch, and that is what should be promoted. Feels like we need to light up the Bob Sterne bat-signal for a fresh PCP tuning write-up that can reach the masses.

Thank you

I hope spikex41 reads this before he sets fire to his Impact.

LOL

@ seniorasi- Based on what you commented on, that “ the micro/macro/and pressure was what you were looking for, say you got another gun with twice the adjustments that the impact has. You shouldn’t put yourself in a position on where you would also then be looking for someone to give you a starting point, but rather, school yourself on why a certain reg pressure for a certain caliber, or what, why, and how a pcp functions.

may I suggest going into huma air’s website, and reading up on regulator setting start points, basics, etc. I think it’s titled “respect the reg setting per caliber” or something like that. It’s good to learn the ins and outs, so when a gun like the M3 or just the impact period, comes around(an M8 in 2030, ha ha), you could look at it as just another typical pcp, coming from the factory at 45 ft lbs in 25 cal, 75 ft lbs in 30 cal, etc. you’ll be able to quickly understand why manufacturers set up pcp’s pretty typical in reg settings per caliber out of the factory.

im an avid reloader myself, and “sharing” a load recipe is way way different than sharing a tune on a pcp. VETMX can offer me a complete tune exactly like what he’s done to his gun and I can almost guarantee it won’t shoot the same. Too many variables. 

I own two impacts MK2’s and if I set them up completely identical in parts, caliber, and settings, they’ll both shoot differently. 

just a friendly advice tip. I see too many folks that just wanna buy a gun and shoot the darn thing and think price point will guarantee 100% success and accuracy to shave a knatts butt hairs at 50 yards- wrong. It’s best to learn all about the gun, how it works, and understand it’s max capacity.

Thank you for submitting your perspective on airgunning and your opinion on the Impact. The starting point settings, pressures and set up sequence you posted is exactly what I was looking for when I created this topic. Good job!

It would be awesome to see a 3D animation of airflow through the Impact M3. The animator could also show how the different settings effect hammer tension. They could also include pellet or slug flight to show the perfect barrel exit vs unwanted turbulence. FX: Are you listening?

There is no tune for all, that is why when you search you find very little tuning specs. You find speed for particular pellets and slugs, but even that has two sides to the coin. We each live in different places, different daily temps, sun temps hitting the bottle and aluminum areas, different humidity, different altitude densities, barometric pressures, elevations, etc which all affect a tune. Guys would help in PM with a tune, but they can't because they are not right there with you in that moment. A tune for you will change from moving from morning to evening just because of the weather change. A PCP is always a work in progress, even at it's peek, but that is part of the journey and part of the fun. If I am tuning for hunting I always tune midday so I have a balance that will work mostly from morning to evening. If I am setting up a night coyote rig I tune early morning. Just the way it is even with the most special state of the art $2000+ marvel. 

First of all, these guns are not powder burners. Yes they shoot a projectile but other than that, they are a completely different animal. On Cornys behalf, some of us overlook the fact that there are probably a ton of new Impact owners that were bamboozled by videos and hype but truly have no clue what they’re doing. It’s very simple. Don’t worry about your first reg, it’s almost completely irrelevant unless you start using a high second reg setting. Set your second reg on 90b, open the valve past 4 lines, set your hammer wheel on 16 and turn your micro down to 2. Shoot, click your micro +4 clicks, shoot, click your micro +4 clicks. Keep doing it until your gun doesn’t get any faster. That’s your max speed for that reg setting. Here is the first important part. If you want shoot your projectile 900fps, you want your max speed for whatever reg setting to be 3-5% higher than the speed you plan to shoot. So let’s say 90b only gave you 880fps max, all you do is turn up the second reg 5b. Shoot then keep clicking your micro up +4 clicks until you reach your new max speed. At 95b let’s say your max is 925fps. Turn the reg up some more and repeat the process. So now at 100b your at 940fps, now it’s finally time to touch your hammer wheel. Use the wheel to shave 30fps off your max. That puts you at 910fps with the wheel on let’s say #13. Now it’s time to start turning the valve in while shooting over the chronograph until you see the last drop in speed that puts you right at 900fps. All done. Sounds like a lot but it’s not. It took me longer to type this than it does to actually do it. The reason why you don’t need starting points is because it only takes a couple minutes to establish your own starting points for your gun. When you learn the process, you learn your gun. One tiny thing different about my gun makes it behave way different than your gun. Yes, they’re that sensitive. I hope spikex41 reads this before he sets fire to his Impact.
This is what I did with my compact .25. And along the way when I was tuning down from 930 I came to 920 and those groups tightened right up and that’s where I stoped, shooting 25.39 grain pellets you could put a nickel over the shot group at 50 yards. There right find your own tune for your gun. With these directions above there is no excuse, get it done.

Searched AGN to see if I could find a tune for 26.54 gr Hades Diablo pellets with no luck. Anyone tried tuning this combo? Newb to air gunning. First PCP, I sold a Diana 52 and purchased this one. I encountered a few issues but they are resolved. Ready to start shooting.
Keep is simple as @Vetmx (and others too!) says. Find the sweet spot and call it good.

First of all, these guns are not powder burners. Yes they shoot a projectile but other than that, they are a completely different animal. On Cornys behalf, some of us overlook the fact that there are probably a ton of new Impact owners that were bamboozled by videos and hype but truly have no clue what they’re doing. It’s very simple. Don’t worry about your first reg, it’s almost completely irrelevant unless you start using a high second reg setting. Set your second reg on 90b, open the valve past 4 lines, set your hammer wheel on 16 and turn your micro down to 2. Shoot, click your micro +4 clicks, shoot, click your micro +4 clicks. Keep doing it until your gun doesn’t get any faster. That’s your max speed for that reg setting. Here is the first important part. If you want shoot your projectile 900fps, you want your max speed for whatever reg setting to be 3-5% higher than the speed you plan to shoot. So let’s say 90b only gave you 880fps max, all you do is turn up the second reg 5b. Shoot then keep clicking your micro up +4 clicks until you reach your new max speed. At 95b let’s say your max is 925fps. Turn the reg up some more and repeat the process. So now at 100b your at 940fps, now it’s finally time to touch your hammer wheel. Use the wheel to shave 30fps off your max. That puts you at 910fps with the wheel on let’s say #13. Now it’s time to start turning the valve in while shooting over the chronograph until you see the last drop in speed that puts you right at 900fps. All done. Sounds like a lot but it’s not. It took me longer to type this than it does to actually do it. The reason why you don’t need starting points is because it only takes a couple minutes to establish your own starting points for your gun. When you learn the process, you learn your gun. One tiny thing different about my gun makes it behave way different than your gun. Yes, they’re that sensitive. I hope spikex41 reads this before he sets fire to his Impact.
I'm going to sort of agree with you, I'm going to post my 'tuning experience' with my two Mavericks and the results are...WTH, totally contrary to common wisdom and expected results.