Tuning fx impact m3 compact .25 cal (500 mm) tune for Hades

Don't know if this helps but I shoot nothing but .25 Hades out of my Royale 500. Original Smooth Twist barrel @ 876fps. They shoot more accurately than ANY other pellet in that gun! 875-880ish is a good starting point. 935-940ish ending point? Not all guns love Hades.

Thank you for the reply. The M3 compact has the STX barrel. Not sure how that compares to the ST in the Royale. Ted did a 5 barrel 5 pellet test in his vlog recently. Quite an interesting explanation. His vids are a great sales tool for the FX airguns and the main reason I opted for the FX Impact. It would be nice to get a tried and true starting point but if all else fails I'll just start wailing in it and see what happens.

There is no such thing as “a tune for a gun” sharing pcp tunes is a marketing ploy.

take the ammo, start at 850 and work your way up til u notice the groups start opening. Or find a speed that really tight. 

if that speed is over 890, check accuracy in the wind to make sure u maintain stable flight. 

So if this "tuning and repair" thread is bs why are you posting here? I am new to PCP. I'm a former powder burner and shot service rifle competition at my local private gun club. We shared recipes as a starting point to "tune" our guns for that particular powder, bullet and twist rate. I see alot of others talking "tunes" but where to set first and second reg pressures, valve, micro and macro as a starting point would be really nice to know rather than screwing around walking up to what works in my gun. You and others in this thread and others on this forum mention FPS repeatedly but NO ONE mentions the starting point settings to achieve that number.So I shoot over my chrono and see 830 fps. What reg do I crank up first? Or maybe I should crank on the hammer tension? No wait! How about if I screw the valve in and out a few times? Think that would work???????

There is no such thing as “a tune for a gun” sharing pcp tunes is a marketing ploy.

take the ammo, start at 850 and work your way up til u notice the groups start opening. Or find a speed that really tight. 

if that speed is over 890, check accuracy in the wind to make sure u maintain stable flight. 

So if this "tuning and repair" thread is bs why are you posting here? I am new to PCP. I'm a former powder burner and shot service rifle competition at my local private gun club. We shared recipes as a starting point to "tune" our guns for that particular powder, bullet and twist rate. I see alot of others talking "tunes" but where to set first and second reg pressures, valve, micro and macro as a starting point would be really nice to know rather than screwing around walking up to what works in my gun. You and others in this thread and others on this forum mention FPS repeatedly but NO ONE mentions the starting point settings to achieve that number.So I shoot over my chrono and see 830 fps. What reg do I crank up first? Or maybe I should crank on the hammer tension? No wait! How about if I screw the valve in and out a few times? Think that would work???????

First of all, these guns are not powder burners. Yes they shoot a projectile but other than that, they are a completely different animal. On Cornys behalf, some of us overlook the fact that there are probably a ton of new Impact owners that were bamboozled by videos and hype but truly have no clue what they’re doing. It’s very simple. Don’t worry about your first reg, it’s almost completely irrelevant unless you start using a high second reg setting. Set your second reg on 90b, open the valve past 4 lines, set your hammer wheel on 16 and turn your micro down to 2. Shoot, click your micro +4 clicks, shoot, click your micro +4 clicks. Keep doing it until your gun doesn’t get any faster. That’s your max speed for that reg setting. Here is the first important part. If you want shoot your projectile 900fps, you want your max speed for whatever reg setting to be 3-5% higher than the speed you plan to shoot. So let’s say 90b only gave you 880fps max, all you do is turn up the second reg 5b. Shoot then keep clicking your micro up +4 clicks until you reach your new max speed. At 95b let’s say your max is 925fps. Turn the reg up some more and repeat the process. So now at 100b your at 940fps, now it’s finally time to touch your hammer wheel. Use the wheel to shave 30fps off your max. That puts you at 910fps with the wheel on let’s say #13. Now it’s time to start turning the valve in while shooting over the chronograph until you see the last drop in speed that puts you right at 900fps. All done. Sounds like a lot but it’s not. It took me longer to type this than it does to actually do it. The reason why you don’t need starting points is because it only takes a couple minutes to establish your own starting points for your gun. When you learn the process, you learn your gun. One tiny thing different about my gun makes it behave way different than your gun. Yes, they’re that sensitive. I hope spikex41 reads this before he sets fire to his Impact.

First of all, these guns are not powder burners. Yes they shoot a projectile but other than that, they are a completely different animal. On Cornys behalf, some of us overlook the fact that there are probably a ton of new Impact owners that were bamboozled by videos and hype but truly have no clue what they’re doing. It’s very simple. Don’t worry about your first reg, it’s almost completely irrelevant unless you start using a high second reg setting. Set your second reg on 90b, open the valve past 4 lines, set your hammer wheel on 16 and turn your micro down to 2. Shoot, click your micro +4 clicks, shoot, click your micro +4 clicks. Keep doing it until your gun doesn’t get any faster. That’s your max speed for that reg setting. Here is the first important part. If you want shoot your projectile 900fps, you want your max speed for whatever reg setting to be 3-5% higher than the speed you plan to shoot. So let’s say 90b only gave you 880fps max, all you do is turn up the second reg 5b. Shoot then keep clicking your micro up +4 clicks until you reach your new max speed. At 95b let’s say your max is 925fps. Turn the reg up some more and repeat the process. So now at 100b your at 940fps, now it’s finally time to touch your hammer wheel. Use the wheel to shave 30fps off your max. That puts you at 910fps with the wheel on let’s say #13. Now it’s time to start turning the valve in while shooting over the chronograph until you see the last drop in speed that puts you right at 900fps. All done. Sounds like a lot but it’s not. It took me longer to type this than it does to actually do it. The reason why you don’t need starting points is because it only takes a couple minutes to establish your own starting points for your gun. When you learn the process, you learn your gun. One tiny thing different about my gun makes it behave way different than your gun. Yes, they’re that sensitive. I hope spikex41 reads this before he sets fire to his Impact.

Thanks so much for the advice. I will try it and see what happens. The starting point pressure and macro/micro settings is what I was looking for.

Tim, may I ask what was wrong with the factory settings? 

Patrick

It shoots high and right. Just discovered another issue with the gun. The pellet probe is really loose. A few on another thread I started suggested it may have been an issue causing a different problem but I dismissed it as I didn't think it relevant. After checking it is definitely an issue I had not noticed at the time.

@ seniorasi- Based on what you commented on, that “ the micro/macro/and pressure was what you were looking for, say you got another gun with twice the adjustments that the impact has. You shouldn’t put yourself in a position on where you would also then be looking for someone to give you a starting point, but rather, school yourself on why a certain reg pressure for a certain caliber, or what, why, and how a pcp functions.

may I suggest going into huma air’s website, and reading up on regulator setting start points, basics, etc. I think it’s titled “respect the reg setting per caliber” or something like that. It’s good to learn the ins and outs, so when a gun like the M3 or just the impact period, comes around(an M8 in 2030, ha ha), you could look at it as just another typical pcp, coming from the factory at 45 ft lbs in 25 cal, 75 ft lbs in 30 cal, etc. you’ll be able to quickly understand why manufacturers set up pcp’s pretty typical in reg settings per caliber out of the factory.

im an avid reloader myself, and “sharing” a load recipe is way way different than sharing a tune on a pcp. VETMX can offer me a complete tune exactly like what he’s done to his gun and I can almost guarantee it won’t shoot the same. Too many variables. 

I own two impacts MK2’s and if I set them up completely identical in parts, caliber, and settings, they’ll both shoot differently. 

just a friendly advice tip. I see too many folks that just wanna buy a gun and shoot the darn thing and think price point will guarantee 100% success and accuracy to shave a knatts butt hairs at 50 yards- wrong. It’s best to learn all about the gun, how it works, and understand it’s max capacity.

Reactions: aklonewolf