FX FX Impact M3, clean and polish internals?

So my FX Impact M3 in .30 cal with 700mm barrel works good and I’ve been shooting hybrid slugs from it very well and accurate! But I’ve been debating pulling internals out such as hammer and all that jazz. I’ve heard of other’s polishing up those parts and cleaning really well to help tighten up their spread when shooting. Was wondering if anyone who has done this could tell me if it improved things and was worth the tear down?

Yep, signs of Impact Syndrome. Owners claim it’s shooting great but are compelled by what they hear or see to tear it down. The only way to build up immunity to this virus is to be bitten enough times and survive. Others have severe reactions and usually sell the platform never to return. Here’s what I do. If I have some ideas or things I’d like to do inside the gun but mine is performing just fine, I wait until there is an issue that forces me to tear into the gun. Then I move forward with the list. The gun will need tuned again anyway. If my gun goes a very long time without an issue, I’m thankful and fight temptation. Good luck. Oh, and polishing everything is not a game changer and you don’t want to get too crazy trying to chrome plate the valve rod back by the PUR oring. Lube needs a little porous surface to adhere to.

Yep, signs of Impact Syndrome. Owners claim it’s shooting great but are compelled by what they hear or see to tear it down. The only way to build up immunity to this virus is to be bitten enough times and survive. Others have severe reactions and usually sell the platform never to return. Here’s what I do. If I have some ideas or things I’d like to do inside the gun but mine is performing just fine, I wait until there is an issue that forces me to tear into the gun. Then I move forward with the list. The gun will need tuned again anyway. If my gun goes a very long time without an issue, I’m thankful and fight temptation. Good luck. Oh, and polishing everything is not a game changer and you don’t want to get too crazy trying to chrome plate the valve rod back by the PUR oring. Lube needs a little porous surface to adhere to.
IF he is using it for competition shooting or trying to achieve more power then I can understand opening it up. Otherwise, wait until you blow some internal orings and do it then.

I mean, if you wanna speed things up you can do anyone of these things that’ll get you to not only opening up your gun, but have FXUSA on speed dial, too, for parts-

1. Pull cocking handle back, leave it there, then pull trigger. Do this 3x
2. Fill to 300 bar, then leave Gun inside your car when it’s 106 out
3. Do repeated dry fires, when you’re below your reg pressure setting
4. With gun pressurized, Adjust your reg pressures CW and once the adjustment screw stops, do one more complete turn
5. Without shooting the gun, Spin thru the power wheel at different power settings, each time AFTER you’ve cocked and loaded the gun.
6. Do #3 but this time with a loaded mag full of heavy slugs

Oh, there’s more, but this is good for now and just what the Dr ordered if you want to open up the gun sooner

Last edited:
I have an issue with my new fx impact m3 177. I used the gun for around 800 shots and then while filling the 580 cc cylinder there was a sudden leak from the air vent in the 1st regulator. So I bought O rings set from humaair. I changed the o rings of the regulator found that the strong leak has reduced to a fine leak. I am not able to stop that. I talked to friends and others and they said this is a common issue in this pcp gun. Can someone help me to solve this problem

I have an issue with my new fx impact m3 177. I used the gun for around 800 shots and then while filling the 580 cc cylinder there was a sudden leak from the air vent in the 1st regulator. So I bought O rings set from humaair. I changed the o rings of the regulator found that the strong leak has reduced to a fine leak. I am not able to stop that. I talked to friends and others and they said this is a common issue in this pcp gun. Can someone help me to solve this problem
You could try this no idea if it will help but new seal may fix it.

Last edited:
Gotta get out my FX tuning kit.
FX Tuning kit.jpg

I would send to FX. If an m3 it should still be under warranty. These little regs seem an utter nightmare to reseal from what I’ve read and actually get them to completely seal.
Actually I too feel like doing so. Unfortunately it is very expensive to do so it seems. Has anyone done so who is living out in other countries

You guys just missing - one - something :)
six months of Canadian winter ;)
Since 2020 my Impact was in bits and pieces I don't even remember how many times, but for sure I can work on it now fully blindfolded. Lets call that a training.
Yes, I am polishing all the springs and a valve rod and lubing critical metal parts with moly since day one. But my routine really started five decades ago when my father bought me a very first scooter. And my cars no mechanic touched in the past 30.
You need to start somewhere to build a courage ...

Reactions: tibor
Actually I too feel like doing so. Unfortunately it is very expensive to do so it seems. Has anyone done so who is living out in other countries
See if FX USA will just send you a reg or install a bypass.

Last edited:
I mean, if you wanna speed things up you can do anyone of these things that’ll get you to not only opening up your gun, but have FXUSA on speed dial, too, for parts-

1. Pull cocking handle back, leave it there, then pull trigger. Do this 3x
2. Fill to 300 bar, then leave Gun inside your car when it’s 106 out
3. Do repeated dry fires, when you’re below your reg pressure setting
4. With gun pressurized, Adjust your reg pressures CW and once the adjustment screw stops, do one more complete turn
5. Without shooting the gun, Spin thru the power wheel at different power settings, each time AFTER you’ve cocked and loaded the gun.
6. Do #3 but this time with a loaded mag full of heavy slugs

Oh, there’s more, but this is good for now and just what the Dr ordered if you want to open up the gun sooner
#1 Let's see, you'll get to replace the hammer, will be badly scored, the block because it'll break, photo available upon request, NO I didn't do it a previous owner did. Then you get to pay FX for the parts

That's quiet an encouragement
But this kind of problem lots must have faced....how did they deel with it ?
Most competitors that use the M3 use the delete kit for better flow but maybe it's do to leaks?

Not affordable but another option.

Most competitors that use the M3 use the delete kit for better flow but maybe it's do to leaks?

Not affordable but another option.

Yes I too know about that but what about the product the company has given..is it acceptable to everyone.just because of their fault we have to spent another 125 to 130 used for the new tuning regulator