• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX impact M3 Buttstop

I am considering the best FAC rated PCP Rifle to purchase at the forthcoming Shooting show at the NEC this month. I have tried a friends FX impact M3 and really like some of the features. Although I am amazed that considering this is the new flagship model for FX and is only a tad under 2k. The butt stop is very basic. I am aware you can buy the benchrest Saber Tactical butt stop and monopod for around another £400. Why does FX not provide this type of accessory as standard. It seems ridiculous that such an accurate rifle designed for long distance accurate shooting is let down by the poor butt stop and lack of adjustable monopod. I will be looking with interest at the shooting show dealers wares to see if there is another alternative available that is more comfortable and equipped with an adjustable monopod fitted as standard. I realise this rifle is meant to be accessorised to individuals needs but i feel the monopod isn't an accessory but a basic necessity for longer distances. FX need to talk to Saber Tactical and come to an agreement to supply their superior butt stock and monopod on all new Impacts

Eh, I wouldn't want to incur the cost increase for chinesium and not everyone is a fan of that buttstock design, nor does everyone sit on a bench when shooting. Surprised you didn't run into PRS's accessories being a Brit--they're pretty popular across the pond. 

I've started to go towards 3d printed buttstocks myself bc the impact is butt heavy as-is. Not balanced to begin with and then adding more weight to the rear was meh for positional shooting. 3d allowed me to stay lighter and get into some pretty interesting designs that were functional.

20220212_080250.1644674616.jpg

I saw a video by AEAC where he was at a FX factory tour. He intervied Fredrick Axelson (the founder of FX airguns) which said they did not wanted to copy or steal other peoples ideas. They have instead partnered with companys like DonnyFL, and the makers of sideshot magasines, to make such items as an option of theire guns from FX. I can only speculate that is the same reason we do not see thouse aftermarket parts avaialable on the buttstock. Being a big company in the airgunworld they could probably make an item like the bagrider relative cheap, but I am guessing they are not doing it, to avoid hurting the companys which made it first. I think it is respectful of them not doing so. 

Reactions: countymm
Thanks for all your advice and comments, I was not suggesting that FX copy these products but simply to partner with them and use their bulk purchasing power to agree a good price that benefits FX and Saber, I think that would be a very beneficial partnership for both of them and their customers could benefit too. I will have a look at the products you recommend.

Thanks for your advice much appreciated

FX has managed to improve the Impact so much over the past few years and yet the price does not reflect all of the upgrades they have done. It has remained fairly stable instead. I think most would prefer it remained so. Adding extras that many don't want is not going to help their bottom line.

Many people prefer the bag rider over the mono-pod. But mono-pods can be added to the Impact for around $60-$70 if you do it yourself and it is very easy.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/another-mod-for-the-fx-impact/?referrer=1

Reactions: countymm
Not trying to steal the topic, but for me the best thing FX could do would be butt stock options for thicker pads, effectively changing the length of pull.

I have problems with today's long eye relief scopes forcing me to always push my scope as far forward as possible and sometimes needing to use offset rings, this throws off the balance and looks of my gun.

FX could simply make a few thicker or thinner butt pads for simple cheap options.

Yes I own the saber tactical but don't use it because of the extra weight.

I'm a hunter,stalker, sometimes bench shooter, and would really love a simple lightweight butt pad swap.

Hi Lemensd, I experience the same problems you have listed, I also do bench shooting, stalking and pest control/hunting, I really rate the saber tactical bench monopod but that is a rather expensive piece of kit as you have to also purchase the Buttsock this rounds the cost up from £450 to £500 to fit this accessory. I also looked and PRS Which is a well made quality product which considerably Cheaper and comes with the buttstock as well as the monopod. I just prefer the quick effortless adjustability of the Saber Tactical by screwing the unit up or down left or right for pinpoint accuracy on the bench. I will be experimenting with making my own DIY version of a monopod and buttstock in the coming months. I am 72 years old and my eyes and my strength of grip are not good these days. I shake a bit too ha ha, so i need these additional extras to be able to continue with my passion for shooting.

Thanks for all your comments folks, they are very much appreciated.

Reactions: Airgunmann