• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact M3 Backorders ?

I ordered an M3 from Utah as well on July 23rd and I am still waiting. I can only hope that they send me mine before they send you yours. :^) Someone who ordered near the same time got theirs a couple weeks back so I was hopeful mine would be soon. Guess I have another first world problem at hand and I just have to wait. Think I am going to put my 700mm .25 barrel back on the Gen1 and re-tune again since it is taking so long.

Edit

Ooops that was April 23rd.

I ordered an M3 from Utah as well on July 23rd and I am still waiting. I can only hope that they send me mine before they send you yours. :^) Someone who ordered near the same time got theirs a couple weeks back so I was hopeful mine would be soon. Guess I have another first world problem at hand and I just have to wait. Think I am going to put my 700mm .25 barrel back on the Gen1 and re-tune again since it is taking so long.

July 23rd as in almost a year ago?!?

It's just the way it is. I'm waiting for a Shilen barrel for one of my varmint rifles and I've had an order in a Utah Air for a super light barrel kit for my FX crown for months. We won't talk about rifle primers and powder and bullets will we? Fortunately toilet paper is now available. That was SERIOUS. LOL I really don't have an issue with any of this but I'd rather not have to pay up front when it's going to be an extended wait. That doesn't seem right. 

Apparently there is a shortage of change. Stopped at a convenience store and bought a candy bar. I was to get $2.71 back from my $5:00 bill. Girl hands me two one dollar bills and asks "is that all right" I guess I looked at her strangely and she said to me " if you have a quarter I'll give you an EXTRA dollar bill. LOL. I had a quarter so I took her up on the offer. I didn't bother discussing the situation with her . I just wonder how many people would have paid three dollars for a candy bar that was already over priced buy 100%. I guess I would have if I was desperate enough. Point being is I wonder how much of this stuff is a true shortage and how much is just to push the price up. Some of both I suspect.

I placed my order with Utah air on 04/28/21, and it mainly consisted of an M3 600mm in .30 caliber. It's been with FedEx for over a week, and they've delayed delivery twice already. My patience is wearing thin with FedEx, but there isn't much I can do at this point. Friends of mine placed their orders AFTER me but they ordered different barrel lengths/colors, and we've been shooting their rifles. 

Jerry

July 23rd as in almost a year ago?!?

Thanks I messed up. That was April 23rd.

I've been on Utah's backorder list a month now for a 700mm .22 M3, and don't expect I'll have it for another 6-8 weeks at the earliest. If it arrives sooner, yay. If not, I have other stuff to shoot in the meantime and I'll keep staring at the pile of parts I have sitting here waiting for the rifle to arrive. Good thing is they did not charge up front, payment is due when the rifle arrives.

Hopefully Nielsen is back up and running by the time it arrives and I get it tuned it for slugs. I have enough slugs on hand for testing and tuning but need to stock up once I find out what it likes.

I guess the good thing about not getting one from the first batch is that FX has fixed the issue of a couple of holes being drilled too deep which could break through into an air passage and cause a leak.

That being said, every time I see a Delta Wolf pop up in the classifieds I'm tempted to snag one and possibly cancel the backorder for the M3... or maybe take delivery of the M3 too and then only keep my favorite of the two.

...just what is in stock for immediate delivery.

I'm retired so I can take the time to check inventory of various dealers frequently, so this approach has worked well so far for me. 

It seems like nothing is getting less expensive nor more readily available, so maybe I'm making some impulse buys at the moment. But there is a very strong used market for the M3's currently since so many folks want one, but can't get one. So selling one with maybe 2 years and 10 months left on the warranty has not been an issue for me.

I wanted to chime in and let you guys know that there is hope out there . . .

I had very little intention of replacing my two MkII's earlier this year when the M3's came out but, of course, I was curious and open to picking one up if the opportunity arose. I wasn't going to pre-order one and wait for some unknown amount of time but one day I was texting another forum buddy about something Impact related and he let me know his local dealer (Penchetta Pen & Knife) had just received a couple of M3's. After a quick call, I got a 0.22 600mm sent out that day and received later that week.

A couple of weeks later, I put up a WTB ad for an M3 in the Classifieds and another member P/M'ed me to tell me that Baker Airguns had a couple of them in stock. Another call there resulted in a 0.25 500mm M3 being delivered the following week. In both cases, it was the first time that I'd purchased from either of these dealers but both provided a first class experience and I was very happy.

I guess the moral of the story is: if you're not dead set on dealing with one specific vendor, these M3's do show up from time to time. So depending on how quickly/badly you want one, you can either put your money down and wait or search more actively on a daily/weekly basis and improve your chances of getting one sooner.

Funny you mention that, just looked and krale is showing limited stock of .22 700mm M3s... Exactly what I have on order at Utah.

Going to see how much shipping is going to be...

Edit: the international store has them in stock, but won't allow choosing the USA as a shipping destination. When you sign into their USA site, the M3 isn't available... Actually it appears no FX rifles are available to ship to the USA because of dealer agreements.

So much for that idea...