Tuning FX Impact M3 a hidden O ring in 1st regulator. Not found on FX diagram

Screenshot_20220525-032343_Write on PDF.1653431110.jpg

Hello Friends, 

Today I explored another thing new to me about impact M3.

Infact a few days ago I had to test some parts that I have sent to some friends in US. Regulator pistons made of peek were also included in the tested and dispatched parts.

For testing, I installed the new peek pistons in my M3 regulators.

To cut the long story short, I have been facing leakage issue from the 1st reg breathing hole of my Impact M3 after completion of above mentioned testing. 

I replaced all the O rings of the regulator many times and also replaced the piston but of no use.

After investigating for "TWO DAYS" I found that there is an internal O ring in part D97. O ring size is 4 × 1.5 mm 70 shore.

This O ring has not been shown in the part diagram provided by FX on their website.

It is tricky to uninstall this O ring and even more tricky to install a new one. 

I thought I should help save the time and effort of all those who will ultimately face the failure of this O ring and there is no clue of this O ring in the diagram. 

This is installed in the stainless Steel part in a groove just like a bigger O ring of 90 shore is installed in the regulator body of 2nd reg.

I hope this will help and save time and effort of users. 

Regards,

Umair Bhaur 

It's good you share that info with FX. Question is if they plan to do anything about it. I guess you also let them know about oring stiction issue.

In some domains companies pay the users if they discover any issue/flaw in the product so that they can fix it and make their product better. I think this is how it should work. Sad fact is the ads creators and influencers get the ice creams.

Reactions: cavedweller
It's good you share that info with FX. Question is if they plan to do anything about it. I guess you also let them know about oring stiction issue.

In some domains companies pay the users if they discover any issue/flaw in the product so that they can fix it and make their product better. I think this is how it should work. Sad fact is the ads creators and influencers get the ice creams.

I normally share the issues and modifications with Frederick. 

I don't expect reward. Neither I ask if fx will fix or improve in new models.

It's enough for me that Frederick often gives me a thums up on WhatsApp. 

Bhaur

Reactions: cavedweller
View attachment 212598

Hello Friends,

Today I explored another thing new to me about impact M3.

Infact a few days ago I had to test some parts that I have sent to some friends in US. Regulator pistons made of peek were also included in the tested and dispatched parts.

For testing, I installed the new peek pistons in my M3 regulators.

To cut the long story short, I have been facing leakage issue from the 1st reg breathing hole of my Impact M3 after completion of above mentioned testing.

I replaced all the O rings of the regulator many times and also replaced the piston but of no use.

After investigating for "TWO DAYS" I found that there is an internal O ring in part D97. O ring size is 4 × 1.5 mm 70 shore.

This O ring has not been shown in the part diagram provided by FX on their website.

It is tricky to uninstall this O ring and even more tricky to install a new one.

I thought I should help save the time and effort of all those who will ultimately face the failure of this O ring and there is no clue of this O ring in the diagram.

This is installed in the stainless Steel part in a groove just like a bigger O ring of 90 shore is installed in the regulator body of 2nd reg.

I hope this will help and save time and effort of users.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Reactions: mubhaur
Thank you for the information , I read all of your posts but do not have anything beneficial to contribute so I do not comment. Could you explain the term you are using when describing the O ring as a 70 (Shore) the measurements of 4 X 1.5 MM is clear what does the word Shore reference?.
70 shore is the measurement of hardness of O ring. It is also called durometer.
4 x1.5 mm means that internal dia of O ring is 4mm and cross section is 1.5mm.

I hope it helps.

Bhaur

Which O-Ring faluire of the first reg would cause leaking out the vent hole on the body of the impact?

View attachment 310897
That’s your 10 x 1.5 duro 90 o ring inside the reg cavity. Hard to see, and even harder to remove and replace. There was a recent thread on this, probably on page two of the pcp section.

Edit- here is the thread-