Tuning FX Impact M3 a hidden O ring in 1st regulator. Not found on FX diagram

View attachment 212598

Hello Friends,

Today I explored another thing new to me about impact M3.

Infact a few days ago I had to test some parts that I have sent to some friends in US. Regulator pistons made of peek were also included in the tested and dispatched parts.

For testing, I installed the new peek pistons in my M3 regulators.

To cut the long story short, I have been facing leakage issue from the 1st reg breathing hole of my Impact M3 after completion of above mentioned testing.

I replaced all the O rings of the regulator many times and also replaced the piston but of no use.

After investigating for "TWO DAYS" I found that there is an internal O ring in part D97. O ring size is 4 × 1.5 mm 70 shore.

This O ring has not been shown in the part diagram provided by FX on their website.

It is tricky to uninstall this O ring and even more tricky to install a new one.

I thought I should help save the time and effort of all those who will ultimately face the failure of this O ring and there is no clue of this O ring in the diagram.

This is installed in the stainless Steel part in a groove just like a bigger O ring of 90 shore is installed in the regulator body of 2nd reg.

I hope this will help and save time and effort of users.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
Hi Umair

I have just watched your YouTube video about the hidden Oring inside the M3s first regulator.

I have a leak through the breather hole on the side face of the nut on the first regulator.

I wish to replace ALL O rings but, unfortunately, FX in their parts diagram do not show the O rings and their sizes. I mentioned this to FX USA hoping that they would amend their parts diagram to show the orings and sizes, but they have not done so yet.

Can you please supply me with a list for all 5 O rings and their hardness type that are within and without the M3's first regulator.

I am not looking forward to this job!! I am planning on selling my 2 year old M3 and I don't want it to be leaking when it goes to a new owner.

Thank you in anticipation

Matt Davey (Australia)

O ring 2x1 90 shore quantity 1
O ring 7.5x1.5 90 shore quantity 1
O ring 4x1.5 70 shore quantity 2

Total 4 O rings are involved in 1st regulator
Hi Umair

Thank you for your very prompt reply. Your help and videos are very much appreciated.

Tomorrow I will attempt to replace all the O rings. Thankfully I have these orings, as I purchased them earlier this year for a different air rifle.

Best regards

Matt

The reg is really challenging. I have fast leak through the hole in the reg nut. This is not creep or a slow leak. Just blowing air through the atmospheric vent. Changed the washer stack configuration. All the orings including that hidden one. There is something fundamentally wrong. I cannot regas the system.
I think you should watch some videos on the 1st regulator. Might be helpful