• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX fx impact m3 700mm .22 tune

hey all , wondering if anyone has a tune for the H&N slug hp 30grain please wondering what velocity's people are getting ?? going to use them for rabbits.

and thinking about using the jsb hades .22 in 15.89grain also looking for tune and velocity for them Aswell please

thanks a lot I'm super new to pcp air rifles if you cant tell ha-ha :)

do you have a chronograph?

you cant tune a pcp without one.

i know fx made it seem like we can "share" tunes,
and just plugging in someone elses numbers will make everybody's gun magically be perfectly tuned,
but thats not in reality how it works.

a 30gn slug and a 15gn pellet are going to require vastly different regulator pressures and hammer spring settings.

but youre in luck,
as the m3 is really a piece of cake to tune,
but like i said,you are going to need a chrono.

Your pellets/slugs must be flying awful fast! Pellet or slug port?
i do not have the impact mk 3 or latest maverick dual regulated PCP, but i thought about the higly promoted dual reg system and how great it supposed to be. can more parts be better than less parts. a big question, the first reg is supposed to lower the pressure on the 2nd reg so there is lest stress on that reg. no matter what is done, there is a lot of pressure on the 1st reg similar to the single reg, so what? there's the same pressure issue on the first reg that will have to be dealt with. reducing the pressure so there isn't a big pressure drop between the 2 regs and increasing the port for better air flow is just a gimmick. improving the porting on a single reg pcp would be simpler and probably more powerful than the dual reg system. the single reg and dual both must deal with high pressure coming out the bottle and reducing the pressure gradient between the 2 reg and increasing the porting for better air flow is just another gadget to tinker with. i prefer "keep it simple" rule. a simpler design would be to decrease the distance air has to travel bottle between the compressed gas and the muzzle with good porting and less moving parts. if air has to go through a long route and gimmicks to reach the pellet during firing, it seems unnecessary unless you want to show off your gadgets. i pulled apart the benjamin kratos just to see what makes it tick.. it's a very simple system with few moving parts to fail but poor porting.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: dens228
do you have a chronograph?

you cant tune a pcp without one.

i know fx made it seem like we can "share" tunes,
and just plugging in someone elses numbers will make everybody's gun magically be perfectly tuned,
but thats not in reality how it works.

a 30gn slug and a 15gn pellet are going to require vastly different regulator pressures and hammer spring settings.

but youre in luck,
as the m3 is really a piece of cake to tune,
but like i said,you are going to need a chrono.
nah i dont i have spent so much coin on it atm haha i was wondering if there was a tune that could get me close haha

thanks mate i only have the standard set up atm so not sure if that will still work ?

your m3 has every adjustment he listed.

a first reg, a second reg,
a valve adjuster (the small black knob between the bottle and barrel)
a macro (the power wheel numbered to 16)
and a micro (the horizontal knob directly under the words "quick tune system"

but imo the settings he listed are way too hot for a .22 with 700mm.

also,
the settings listed dont mesh in my head,

only 3.5 on the hammer seems like a pretty light hammer strike for 130bar on the second reg,
so i would say its not an actual "tune"
and more of a guess.

for instance,
my m3 .25 500mm
tuned with 34gn jsb king heavies at 870fps
my second reg was about 115bar
and hammer ended up around 3.75 after tuning to a balanced state.

and since getting my uragan 2,

i have retuned it with jts dead center 25.3gn pellets at 880fps,
second reg at 95bar,
hammer at 3.0.

and with your 700mm barrel you would see a big jump in velocity over my 500mm barrel.

Last edited:
i do not have the impact mk 3 or latest maverick dual regulated PCP, but i thought about the higly promoted dual reg system and how great it supposed to be. can more parts be better than less parts. a big question, the first reg is supposed to lower the pressure on the 2nd reg so there is lest stress on that reg. no matter what is done, there is a lot of pressure on the 1st reg similar to the single reg, so what? there's the same pressure issue on the first reg that will have to be dealt with. reducing the pressure so there isn't a big pressure drop between the 2 regs and increasing the port for better air flow is just a gimmick. improving the porting on a single reg pcp would be simpler and probably more powerful than the dual reg system. the single reg and dual both must deal with high pressure coming out the bottle and reducing the pressure gradient between the 2 reg and increasing the porting for better air flow is just another gadget to tinker with. i prefer "keep it simple" rule. a simpler design would be to decrease the distance air has to travel bottle between the compressed gas and the muzzle with good porting and less moving parts. if air has to go through a long route and gimmicks to reach the pellet during firing, it seems unnecessary unless you want to show off your gadgets. i pulled apart the benjamin kratos just to see what makes it tick.. it's a very simple system with few moving parts to fail but poor porting.
I need to ask you...........
What in the world does your post have to do with my question???

a simple pellet gun isn't complicated where you need to recalibrate everytime you fire at a target. next you will ask someone to move the target so you can hit it??
Oh, now I get it......I ask if the barrel is on the slug or pellet port, providing you with the opening for a long response with not at all related to the actual question....lol.,
By your reasoning you could literally copy and post your response in every thread on the forum. But I get it......you like the simple design.....
Isn't having choices a beautiful thing!

your m3 has every adjustment he listed.

a first reg, a second reg,
a valve adjuster (the small black knob between the bottle and barrel)
a macro (the power wheel numbered to 16)
and a micro (the horizontal knob directly under the words "quick tune system"

but imo the settings he listed are way too hot for a .22 with 700mm.

also,
the settings listed dont mesh in my head,

only 3.5 on the hammer seems like a pretty light hammer strike for 130bar on the second reg,
so i would say its not an actual "tune"
and more of a guess.

for instance,
my m3 .25 500mm
tuned with 34gn jsb king heavies at 870fps
my second reg was about 115bar
and hammer ended up around 3.75 after tuning to a balanced state.

and since getting my uragan 2,

i have retuned it with jts dead center 25.3gn pellets at 880fps,
second reg at 95bar,
hammer at 3.0.

and with your 700mm barrel you would see a big jump in velocity over my 600mm barrel.
im shooting 40gr slugs