• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Impact M3 35 cal power destiny

EDF4BD77-BCA9-4645-96DA-C81F343E4AD8.1634693718.png

kerp in mind my barrel is 7” shorter…. 

spring is from huma same spring used for mk2 I have Huma 2nd reg extra high pressure set about 180 bar to get these numbers! 

nielsen .93s and I’m hitting 4” gong at 125 yards consistently I Have a thermal scope so not really easy to test groupings at distance but I can tell you I can consistently hit 4 inch gongs at 50 75 and 125

For the record the mk2 bottle base that screws to trigger block will not fit the m3 to bypass the regulator. If you gut the m3 first regulator it will leak out of the weap hole one would have to weld the hole closed. I did however vacate the fx plastic plunger piston in the first reg in favor of a Huma one. Waiting on some new prints to test also swapped the front washer stack to ()()()()()() as Ernest suggest…Huma does not make a first reg for the m3 only a reg for the 2nd but the plungers are the same they use different diameter washers however…I believe the metal plunger will be more consistent and reliable compared to the factory plastic in the first reg. My 2nd reg is Huma extra high pressure 

Been a while since I posted. I noticed Huma came out with a power kit for the 35 caliber Impact, so I emailed them to find out some additional information about it. Below is the response I received:

"

Hello Richard,

Our spring is approximately 10% stronger than the stock. Port area is approximately 41mm² in the stock version. Ours has ±66mm²

All the best"

https://www.huma-air.com/Slug-Power-V2-Cal-.35-Tuning-Kit-For-FX-Impact-by-Huma-Air

Further, I have not messed with my Impact since my last post on 10/20/21. However, that will begin to change in the near future and probably more towards the summer months. 

I also have a custom brass hammer assembly to install, which weighs approx. 30.5 grams combined. I will attach a photo soon of the part and measurements.

I also plan on ordering the Huma setup.

My gun currently shoots great with the NSA .357 93 grainers. Hopefully FX comes out with the heavy liners soon. I have thought about purchasing a 600mm length barrel, but not having the heavy liner keeps stopping me. 

Also, I have recently purchased the following items for future testing:

• Vlad's 65cc m14x1.5mm external plenum. Awaiting arrival and shipment (cancelled order do to comments and reviews read)
  • Huma's dual transfer port power tune up kit
  • The aforementioned custom brass hammer weighing approx. 30.5 grams combined

When I install them, probably closer to summer, I will report details on each individual item as added.

Well I managed to smash the delrin insert into obliteration...lol. With what is left of its contents, it weighs about a quarter of a gram less than the original.

16314133643445882915751844305696.1631413379.jpg

It was because you had a wrong hammer installed. There is one which works with a PUR oring bumber - the one which you have. The other one has much smaller hole with no chamfer - that's the one you were supposed to use.

@seeker I am using mine for hunting purposes and loving the 93 grain NSA slugs. I doubt I will even bother with pellets again as long as NSA's exist. I can tell you they hit turkeys with authority and way out there too. 

With that said, I am excited about FX's new releases. A little more ooomph and flatter shooting is a win in my book, as long my accuracy stays the same. 

At 50 yards I am virtually bullet inside bullet. 50 yards is honestly a joke for my gun. Basically aim and hit where you aim. I have reached way out there to take some game. Literally between 100 and 150 yards. 

A lot of people don't have the same accuracy I have. I shot a lot of rounds to get there and did a ton of velocity tests. I honestly am not sure if my barrel just eventually broke in or if I hit a velocity node it likes. I am in the 865 fps range for the slugs and I shoot the NSA 93 grain .357's.