FX Impact M3 2nd regulator leaks after rebuild

Hi, I rebuilt my Impact M3 2nd regulator using bras piston. But after reassembly it leaks quite heavily (hissing).
What could I have done wrong?

reg2_leak.png

I tried one of the FX brass pistons just because I thought it would be the cat's meow. It has such a small diameter compared to the length Delrin seat that it makes it very vulnerable to damage. I mushroomed that "ant penis" as Bigragu calls it on mine during the install. Totally ruined unless you can get replacements which might be possible. Personally, I'll just stick with the factory Delrin piston from now on. Polish it up and it normally works just fine. If you do decide to go with it, make sure upon the initial install that the adjust is not making contact or tightened up against the "ant penis". Your regulator pressure may be initially high once air pressure is applied but can be readjusted WITHOUT pressure on it to your desired pressure. I think you can get by with making minor adjustments with slight pressure with the original piston, IF you do the "take a shot and adjust it quickly method".

Or O ring X2-8 never got replaced. Not replacing that is a 75/25 ordeal, with 75% leaning towards a leak and if your one of the lucky 25% that don’t get a leak.

That’s too bad about your experience, Jimmy. I’ve installed these brass pistons on three impacts and they’ve all done well

Or O ring X2-8 never got replaced. Not replacing that is a 75/25 ordeal, with 75% leaning towards a leak and if your one of the lucky 25% that don’t get a leak.

That’s too bad about your experience, Jimmy. I’ve installed these brass pistons on three impacts and they’ve all done well
I probably didn't allow for enough gap when re-assembling. I did't notice it but GC did that it's longer than stock.

My guess is the X2-5 o-ring got nicked by the brass piston

View attachment 314116

View attachment 314117
I am afraid it is X2-8. I did change it. But it was really difficult to get it out, so I could have scratched the body. It looks like it leaks not through adjuster screw, but the outer bore. Not easy to tell because air is hissing heavily. I wonder if there is any way to prove that this is exact reason, and if that means that now I have to change the whole trigger block :( ?

I am afraid it is X2-8. I did change it. But it was really difficult to get it out, so I could have scratched the body. It looks like it leaks not through adjuster screw, but the outer bore. Not easy to tell because air is hissing heavily. I wonder if there is any way to prove that this is exact reason, and if that means that now I have to change the whole trigger block :( ?
Can you not place a little soapy water on just the adjust screw and its threads and then the outer set of threads. Eye dropper works well.