Tuning FX IMPACT M3 - 2nd regulator issue ( NEED HELP ASAP)

My first tune ever on this rife and have major issue with 2nd regulator.

Tuning for 23 gn NSA slugs.

- I started turning up the regulator up by 1/4 turns and got up to 120 bar all good. 

- I hit 125-130 bars and the starts leaking pretty bad I can feel the blow back on my fingers. So I turn it back clockwise and tighten it back up and fired off couple shots. Is this a major issue or am I doing something wrong?

( side note Plus on the trigger there is that nub screw { safety / fire } that sticks way too far out and really interferes with adjusting the reg. Does everyones screw stick out this far? It does not budge either direction. ) 

1623539000046.1623540927.jpg

First off you need to drain the air before reducing the air pressure via the reg screw.

The vast majority of the o line videos, Ernest Rowe and FX state this. I have seen 1 reference to turn in 1/4 turn and shoot 2 shots them repeat. 

The theory is running the screw in while under pressure damages the belville washers.

I would say you have also cut the small oring on the adjuster screw . 004 Buna 90 if I remember correctly

Looks to me you adjusted the screw to far. If going further than flush with the body, you will blow an O-ring. There is an old video by Ernest Rowe describing what happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubNmXuZ_iI0&ab_channel=ErnestRowe. Even the reg is not exactly the same on the new impacts, you can probably still not adjust the screw further than flush with the body.

First off you need to drain the air before reducing the air pressure via the reg screw.

The vast majority of the o line videos, Ernest Rowe and FX state this. I have seen 1 reference to turn in 1/4 turn and shoot 2 shots them repeat. 

The theory is running the screw in while under pressure damages the belville washers.

I would say you have also cut the small oring on the adjuster screw . 004 Buna 90 if I remember correctly

I am increasing the reg pressure not lowering it so...... yeah not sure what to say. thanks❓😐 ❓

Looks to me you adjusted the screw to far. If going further than flush with the body, you will blow an O-ring. There is an old video by Ernest Rowe describing what happens 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubNmXuZ_iI0&ab_channel=ErnestRowe.
Even the reg is not exactly the same on the new impacts, you can probably still not adjust the screw further than flush with the body.

Clearly something went too far but these guns can be tuned with reg beyond 150bars. I did not make it past 125/130 bars and that was with FX / Ernest instructions of no more than 1/4 turns.

This sucks.... lol 

SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT NEED SOME ORINGS

This seems to be the census.. thanks

Though very frustrated that it happen so quickly considering how slow I raised the reg up and it still blew out. ( top it off right before trip to PA where I was going to test her out with thinning out the muskrats at parents and in-laws ponds. ). LOL. 

If it physically sticks out further than flush, like on the picture, you obvious has adjsuted it to far. Your gauge might be off, so adjusting by only looking at the gauge might cause it.

It is most likely one of the small O-rings on the adjsuster screw which need to be replaced.

Hope the gauge is not that far off. I will inspect it further to see if it is flush or not at least.

I would personally increase reg and hammer step by step, shooting over a chronograph, as othervise you might end up with to high regpressure for your hammer spring. More pressure is not always better. That would also be a more reliable way of doing it, if you are not certain your reg gauge is correct. I do not have a impact mk 3, but as far as I know turning the seccond reg flush, should mean you are reading the first reg pressure. You can then compare the first, and seccond reg gauges, and see if they show the same. If the seccond reg gauge show less than the first, you add the difference, and use that as a guideline.

I would personally increase reg and hammer step by step, shooting over a chronograph, as othervise you might end up with to high regpressure for your hammer spring. More pressure is not always better. That would also be a more reliable way of doing it, if you are not certain your reg gauge is correct. I do not have a impact mk 3, but as far as I know turning the seccond reg flush, should mean you are reading the first reg pressure. You can then compare the first, and seccond reg gauges, and see if they show the same. If the seccond reg gauge show less than the first, you add the difference, and use that as a guideline.

Checked the 2nd regulator: Reg adjuster is clearly not flush. I never made that many total revolutions to get it out that far considering it was set at 70bars when delivered. I never examined to see were the adjustment screw was set at visually. Just slowly increased reg as stated by FX and it did not take much to get to where it is set now and started to leak.

** Plus I have the gun close to maxed out with a power wheel 16 - micro 3 - and beyond fourth line at front using a 700mm barrel and it is not breaking 1000 fps using a 23 grain slug

One thing I can say is the WIKA gauge is clearly off. It should be reading 160++ BARS considering how far above it is ( it beyond maxed out ). No I clearly was not looking out regulator screw just the gauge.

Worst part... I have it shooting sub MOA at 50 yrds at around 950fps and was itching to stretch her legs out.... LOL. 

I will compare gauges soon.. thanks

Actually it is a little more serious....
If you Try to screw IN the adjustment screw without exhausting the pressure.
You are MASHING the adjusting screw into the piston!!
You will actually Damage the Delrin Piston, or piston seal if you are using a different Reg.