FX Impact M3 2nd reg blocking screw?

I've been adjusting my second regulator on the FX Impact M3 .30 quite a bit, but reaching the allen screw has been a pain. There is this little 1.5 screw at the trigger which guards it. Now I've tried adjusting it in which gives me more room to properly stick in an allen key.

IMG_0940.jpg

This little thing is blocking my 2nd reg quite a bit, I've tried turning it but it wont give, when I force it a bit it makes a squeaking sound.

One of the dumbest flaws by FX to put that stupidly long grub screw right in front of the 2nd reg adjustment screw.

FX must have outsourced the design to 1st year university students.
Are you sure the dumbest flaw isn't having a Foster fill nipple that is too far recessed into an opening on the factory trigger guard that is too small to allow you to reach your fingers into it to remove the Foster fitting?

• Haha
Reactions: Triggers and 4X4s
You might be better off getting ball-end hex wrenches - which would allow you to much more easily insert the 2.5mm allen wrench tip into the reg2 allen screw at an angle and make the adjustment. If you're adjusting reg2 often, do you want to go through the hassle of removing that trigger screw every time?

I'm already using ball end, without ball end there is no way to adjust. My dad owns the same impact as I do, but the screw is much further in than mine.

The problem is though, I can't remove the screw, it's stuck.

Looked up the manual, seems to have no function. But don't want to force it.

That screw is the Over-Travel Screw !!!!!!!
Once adjusted, it doesn't interfere anymore...
But if you don't use it......Remove it!!!!!
;);)
I could be wrong but my recollection is that the grub screw occluding the reg is the one that controls engagement of the safety. If my memory is correct, it’s possible to screw it in (to ease access to the reg adjustment) and then find that the gun will fire with the safety on. So please check that your safety still works if you mess with that screw!

I could be wrong but my recollection is that the grub screw occluding the reg is the one that controls engagement of the safety. If my memory is correct, it’s possible to screw it in (to ease access to the reg adjustment) and then find that the gun will fire with the safety on. So please check that your safety still works if you mess with that screw!
Weevil is correct. The last screw on that trigger deck closest to the reg is the safety adjustment screw, and yes you’re gun can fire while on safe if misadjusted

Weevil is correct. The last screw on that trigger deck closest to the reg is the safety adjustment screw, and yes you’re gun can fire while on safe if misadjusted
Who needs a working safety anyways, really...

I have had screws on FX trigger decks that simply would not move heat or no heat.
Also, the locations of both regs on the M3 are serious flaws. Have to remove the bottle to access the first reg? Whoever dreamed that up should be in the unemployment roles. I just opened mine up to 200 bar. The location of it should point out to all that even FX thinks of the two reg system as a marketing ploy rather than a relative functional feature.

Who needs a working safety anyways, really...
Sure, but it’s a different matter to think that you have one and find out that you don’t.

Couple more tips for getting the screw moving:

1. Put a tiny drop of acetone (nail polish remover) on the threads and allow it to run in and soften the loctite.

2. If you’ve mushed the hex, dremel a slot into the grub screw to enable use of a screwdriver. That also serves to generates the heat needed to move the screw…

Reactions: Triggers and 4X4s
I have Corrected my Previous Post!!!
It has been a while since I had machined and adjusted my trigger...
That screw does affect the safety!!!
But it still has enough latitude in adjustment... It WILL act as a Over-Travel Stop Screw!!!
20230212_113529.jpg

I screw in this screw until my M3 will not fire..
I then will back off the screw until it fires.. Then I add another 1/2turn for clearance!!!!

So I just rechecked my trigger.... Safety is fully functional.....
1st stage pull is 12 ozs., 2nd stage break is 24 ozs.
With no Over-travel...