• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX IMPACT M3 .25cal

Hi Guys/Girls

Not long had my M3 .25cal. Since February, when first purchased, I bought a load of H&N slugs in various weights. Trying out these various weighted slugs, my grouping between 50-100 yards has been a nightmare. Had a few good days zeroing however, but not consistent. Slowly I'm learning and getting use to it. Anyway, most recently, I have noticed strips of lead the size's of a UK five pence peice, roughly speaking 8x8mm inside my shroud and within 5 yards of my shooting range on the floor. Its almost as if the slugs are getting stripped on their way through either the shroud of my DonnyFL Shogun moderator or both? I think this may be the most likely possible reason as to why my group patterns are constantly on/off. FRUSTRATING OR WHAT!!!
Also to add to my nightmare, I think my seals have gone on the 2nd regulator screw(NBR90) following todays attempt to adjust the reg pressures and settings back to factory default then re-adjust to suit the H&N 30gn .249 slugs.
Has anybody else suffered with similar issues or just me?

Getting used to an Impact is truly a learning curve.

First off, liners are a little picky in regards to which slugs they like. That said, I shoot H&N heavy slugs between 30g-46gr and while some shoot better than others they all shot decent.

Zans are by far the best shooting slug for me though. I would try Zans, Javelins other H&N's and see how they shoot.

Also heavy ammo would shoot better with upgrades (Superior Heavy liner, slug power kit, Ernest Rowe Transfer port, polished internals, tungsten hammer, tensioned barrel kit, etc)

Thesse upgrades are NOT needed to shoot pellets or light slugs but if you want to shoot slugs over say 33g I would look to make some upgrades

Getting used to an Impact is truly a learning curve.

First off, liners are a little picky in regards to which slugs they like. That said, I shoot H&N heavy slugs between 30g-46gr and while some shoot better than others they all shot decent.

Zans are by far the best shooting slug for me though. I would try Zans, Javelins other H&N's and see how they shoot.

Also heavy ammo would shoot better with upgrades (Superior Heavy liner, slug power kit, Ernest Rowe Transfer port, polished internals, tungsten hammer, tensioned barrel kit, etc)

Thesse upgrades are NOT needed to shoot pellets or light slugs but if you want to shoot slugs over say 33g I would look to make some upgrades
Sorry for the late reply Kevin

So my setup is;

700mm Heavy slug liner
Slug power kit with tungsten hammer and power block
tensioned barrel kit

I went all out on it. However, not sure what the Ernest Rowetransfer port is? I know who Ernest Rowe is but I never knew he invented his own transfer port. Whats the difference? I'm glad you mentioned it, I'm gonna go look it up. Gives me something to do.

The UK is completely out of the "O" ring seal I need to repair the problem with my 2nd regulator screw. Gotta wait till next week now before I start the process of elimination on the gun.

Best regards

Tony

Sorry for the late reply Kevin

So my setup is;

700mm Heavy slug liner
Slug power kit with tungsten hammer and power block
tensioned barrel kit

I went all out on it. However, not sure what the Ernest Rowetransfer port is? I know who Ernest Rowe is but I never knew he invented his own transfer port. Whats the difference? I'm glad you mentioned it, I'm gonna go look it up. Gives me something to do.

The UK is completely out of the "O" ring seal I need to repair the problem with my 2nd regulator screw. Gotta wait till next week now before I start the process of elimination on the gun.

Best regards

Tony
The Ernest Rowe transfer port used to be sold my Ernest and https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/

It was basically a bored out transfer port so more air flow could/would flow thru. Does it work? Is it better? I honestly do not know lol and I have no idea why he stopped making them. I know people who used a dremel and made their transfer ports a little wider.

Here is a pic of mine

20230414_165351.jpg

The Ernest Rowe transfer port used to be sold my Ernest and https://910airguntuningandrepairsllc.com/

It was basically a bored out transfer port so more air flow could/would flow thru. Does it work? Is it better? I honestly do not know lol and I have no idea why he stopped making them. I know people who used a dremel and made their transfer ports a little wider.

Here is a pic of mine

View attachment 348310

Here is a pic of mine

View attachment 348310
Hello Kevin

More or less the same transfer port as mine.

I finally sorted out the seal problem with my 2nd reg. However, I cannot get my Impact M3 to group at all. I'm not getting consistent FPS either no matter what pressure I'm trying to achieve for individual weights of slugs shape or form.

The gun is going back to the main dealer in the UK and I'm not getting it back for at leats 6-8 weeks. (Not sure where you are by the way). I bought it brand new in February this year.

I've had no joy or pleasure with it since I bought it. I spent between £350-£400 in slugs and pellets with no grouping luck, not even at 50 yards. 30 yards grouped hole in hole for a short while then went off course.

Its getting picked up sometime next week so I'm just going to forget about it till it comes back hopefully in working condition.

I found the standard 700mm superior liner vastly better than the superior heavy liner...

Put the superior standard back in and re test... it shoots H&N .25 slugs great..
Hi Ian
I tried the superior liner as well and the results were exactly the same. I think it may have something to do with the actual barrel itself or even the transfer port.
Anybody want to place their bets for when it comes back as to what they say the fault may be. Apparently it could take 6-8 weeks. Only had it since february. No fun at all. If it comes back the same, I'm going to demand a refund and possibly try for an Edgun Leshy 2 in .25cal.

It does seem that there is an issue with spitting so much lead. Have you tried shooting without the moderator installed (I'm guessing that you have)? I normally paint the inside muzzle end on my moderators to see any possible clipping.
I'm thinking that the lead you described is the issue.
Mike
So, I tried with just the barrel only, and that didn't even touch a sheet of A4 paper at 30n yards until i put the moderator on it made the paper but the grouping remained the same(BAD). Tried with the shroud as well and still no luck. (PROCESS OF ILLIMINATION WAS CARRIED OUT TO THE FULLEST, BELIEVE ME GUYS):confused:

It may have a liner locknut that is the wrong caliber. See the following:

Ahh, now this is interesting. The kit you described in your link looks very similar to mine, however, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the issue?:unsure:

Measure this. This is what your measurement should be with a 25 caliber.

View attachment 354477
Your a star. I never thought of this. Unfortunately, Sportsman Gun Centre picked up the rifle just over a week ago so I cant check it. If I send them this image in order to try and help out and it turns out to be the actual problem which in my opinion I'd say possibly 80-90% is, they will probably deny it being the main distributor for FX in the UK. Bloody, shame. I wish I had this info before it went back, I would have ordered the correct one and fitted it on myself. Howver, I'm going to try. The guy I dealt with seemed pretty helpful. I'm sure with this bit of info, it may help speed the process up. It make perfect sense.

Cheers VETMX

Measure this. This is what your measurement should be with a 25 caliber.

View attachment 354477
I had an issue with my MK2 had the 22 cal thread adapter on a factory 25 cal rifle. I was slamming slugs through a hole that was too small and my groups were measured in feet at 40yds. FX has different thread adapters with different internal diameters for some reason.

I had an issue with my MK2 had the 22 cal thread adapter on a factory 25 cal rifle. I was slamming slugs through a hole that was too small and my groups were measured in feet at 40yds. FX has different thread adapters with different internal diameters for some reason.
I cant believe this. As VETMX mentioned before, and now you had the same issue. I bet mine has the same issue. I must have done about nearly £4000 on my Impact M3 sine Feb this year. I ordered it in November 2022 and got it in February this year.
Whats worrying is, will my Impact get sorted?

You see all the YouTubers enjoying long range shooting with theirs. You start to get disheartened with problems like this. However, my FX Crown MK2 had a very similar issue and that went back too within the first week back in October 2021. When I got it back a week later, I was never told what the issue was. The gun shop reckoned it was the liner but he wasn't sure as the distributor never told him. The crown shoots like an absolute dream now. The only one that never had an issue was my FX Wildcat MK3. Saying that, the mags were quite stiff but now loosened up.

I’m generally not eager to respond to the five FX problems topics started every day but it’s raining cats and dogs today so I decided to sniff around. You should always start simple with an Airgun diagnosis. The problem is the more you know about guns, we start to skip over the obvious. I am absolutely the worst at this. When I saw your list of cool/internet tells you that you need these parts, my mind immediately started looking at how all those parts create their own new problems. But you have a big problem so let’s start simple. Once that’s fixed then maybe I’ll tell you to place your slug power kit and tungsten hammer in the nearest garbage can. You can also use that superior heavy for propping doors or windows unless you head up into the 40+ grain slugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonyshotgun
I’m generally not eager to respond to the five FX problems topics started every day but it’s raining cats and dogs today so I decided to sniff around. You should always start simple with an Airgun diagnosis. The problem is the more you know about guns, we start to skip over the obvious. I am absolutely the worst at this. When I saw your list of cool/internet tells you that you need these parts, my mind immediately started looking at how all those parts create their own new problems. But you have a big problem so let’s start simple. Once that’s fixed then maybe I’ll tell you to place you slug power kit and tungsten hammer in the nearest garbage can. You can also use that superior heavy for propping doors or windows unless you head up into the 40+ grain slugs.
I hear ya, a man of more experience than me on the matter. (y)