• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX IMPACT M3 .25 TUNING QUESTION

Hi everyone.

I own a Fx impact M3 in .25 and so far things have been going great, i have been using tunes from other owners on youtube etc and employing them on the M3,s quick tune system.

My friend has just bought a M3 in .25 as well and he simply cannot get slugs to consistantly group, he has EXACTLY the same Reg pressures ,same liner ,same front valve setting , same Macro and Micro setting.

Is there something that anyone can recomend for him to try ? Everytime im given a tune by someone else it works great,whether its for pellets or slugs,but hes not having much luck.

Just let him know every rifle is different and his may need some additional tweaking to get it right. Another thing to try is indexing his barrel. If you check the posts you will find a few threads on indexing and the way to do it; can be extremely helpful.

Tell him not to get discouraged and keep trying. The tunes are just a starting point to get close for fps but has nothing to do with groups; each barrel is different and as such the results will be as well. 

Hi everyone.

I own a Fx impact M3 in .25 and so far things have been going great, i have been using tunes from other owners on youtube etc and employing them on the M3,s quick tune system.

My friend has just bought a M3 in .25 as well and he simply cannot get slugs to consistantly group, he has EXACTLY the same Reg pressures ,same liner ,same front valve setting , same Macro and Micro setting.

Is there something that anyone can recomend for him to try ? Everytime im given a tune by someone else it works great,whether its for pellets or slugs,but hes not having much luck.

You and your mate have a chore ahead of you to figure out the best tunes for you. Facts could be your mates factory reg #1 and #2 pressures could be different...? Have fun and please post your findings.

Patrick

So far its not been a chore for me to use a tune that someone has given me , my favourite to use at the moment is 1ST REG=175BAR 2ND REG=150 BAR ,MACRO 16 MICRO 4.75 AND FRONT VALVE 14MM OFF THE BLOCK. This lets me shoot 38g prohunters at 981fps, wildman slugs at 39g at 970fps and when i turn the macro down to 10 i can shoot 33.95g mk2s at 960fps sub moa at 100 yards ,all have very consistant shot strings.

The only thing i have changed is that use the superior liner and NOT the superior heavy liner AND i have my barrel turned to the slug port.

I have some 36g NSA slugs to try and 41g ZANS so will let anyone whoes interested know.

IMG-20210717-WA0010.1629701896.jpeg
20210717_205841.1629701973.jpg

Ive not tried them yet mate as the damn wind in the uk just wont calm down long enough for me to do another slug tuning session.

I did find that i got a few slugs ( not NSA) to group under a inch at 100 yards using this same tune = 1st reg 175bar ,2nd reg 150 bar , macro 16 ,micro 4.75, front valve at 14mm , and for some reason my 700mm superior liner works really well ,so well in fact that i havent bothered using the sup heavy liner yet.