• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact lowest energy?

Hey guys. I have been using this forum for a lot of research etc and it has been great. But I was hoping one of you could help me get a definitive answer to a question. Here's my situation. 
I have an FX Royale 400, synthetic, 22, regulated and I absolutely love it. I use it on high power at 30fpe for hares and rabbits out to 60-70m. Then I will walk into sheds on the farm and turn it down to power level 1 to shoot pest birds without damaging the roof and walls. My mate came with one time and absolutely fell in love with my Royale, demanding that I sell it to him. I was hesitant but thought it might be a great chance to upgrade to my dream gun, The Impact X. Here's my problem. If I tune the Impact so that it has 30ish fpe when the hammer spring adjuster is on Max, what is the minimum fpe achievable by only turning the adjuster to minimum. I have seen info on a 25 cal but nothing about the 22. Will it adjust below 12fpe or will I need to adjust the valve travel as well each time I want low power. If this is the case, then is getting it back to high power repeatable? I only need about 8fpe really. But want to be able to change between the 2 quickly and with good repeatability. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I drop a tonne of money on this gun. 

Indeed, by making use of the valve endstop adjuster jou can in theory go as low as you want.
However, the markings on the knob might be a bit coarse for accurate repeatability.
Maybe it is possible to make your own marking once you get it at the right velocity.
Can't tell what your speed will be like on the lowest hammer spring tension, but my thoughts are that you need to squeeze it down with the valve adjuster.

I have had the Impact for a few weeks but I have had limited time to tinker with it. But If I recall correctly the fps spread from the hammer wheel is about 200 fps. So if at Max it's shooting 900 fps then at min. it will shoot at 700 fps. As for the valve adjuster the new Impact"X" lacks the white lines on the adjuster. It has the lines just not painted? :(
You'd probably want a few rotational line on the knob as well to help with repeatablilty.

Nah mate I'm in Australia! 
Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like I'll have to use the valve adjuster after all. The low power setting repeatability isn't all that important due to very short ranges, but the high power repeatability needs to be pretty spot on for my long range shooting. I would love to know how precisely someone can reset the valve if anyone gets the chance. As long as I can get it back to within a few fps I would be happy. But if its 50fps different each time then its no good. I know all you guys really hate playing with your guns ? but if anyone has the chance to test this I would forever grateful. Cheers.

I am new to the Impact (0.25) so take what I say with a grain of salt. I took most of the slop out of the hammer adjuster on the MAX setting. On MAX now I'm getting an FPS Avg. of 904 and on the MIN setting, I'm getting an avg. of 722. I have noticed that the first shot after the gun has set awhile will be way low on the MIN setting. I haven't checked the MAx but plan to after the rifle sets overnight. I have not touched the valve control knob... yet.