• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX Impact Leak from barrel

I just installed my Power Block and changed my bottle to a 700cc - when I went to fill my new bottle I was getting a leak from the under the Power Block, it was a fast leak I oculd hear and feel the air coming up from under the block between the block and mag bracket, so I checked all the O-rings in the power block, everything seemed to be fine so I was a bit confused.

I put the bottle back on and all the air started pouring out of the barrel (fast) I remember reading that this could be a problem with the valve not seating in the block so I can screwed in the valve knob from line 4 to basically all the way in and it stopped.

I currently have original valve spring installed (not the lighter one from the slug kit) bc I installed in the Tungsten hammer and someone said the original valve spring pairs better with the tungsten hammer.

Soooo, I do not understand why I am now getting a leak from my barrel?!?!

Please help. Thanks

It takes quite a bit to seal the valve when I upgraded my mk2 to 720 plenum I had to use a slug in the barrel and put air in fast from my bottle to get the valve to seat I think part of it is the hammer might have some preload on it being the rim is larger than the original hammer weight it's kinda of normal to have it leak out the barrel till the valve seats all the way fill it up with air now and see if it stays sealed when you back off the valve adjuster

Show me the interior of your valve housing - there should be a cone on which the valve poppet seals.
Here is the valve housing, plenum (both from Power Block) and the valve stem. See anything wrong?

20230413_102727.jpg

20230413_102458.jpg

20230413_102434.jpg

20230413_102649.jpg

20230413_102659.jpg

Hi
If you have a barrel leak, check in the rear register where the magazine goes that the valve is closed and in place. And also check that the second oring of the rear block has not been damaged in the assembly.
Regards
Enkey
Even though the Power Block is brand new I may just replace all O-rings just in case. Thanks for the advice. I'll do that

The oring that can cause barrel leakage is the second one.
IMG_20230413_172639.jpg

I have been having a problem like yours for 3 weeks. LoL

Last edited: