FX Impact latest improvement Video

Apologies if I sound like a party pooper here, but be aware that a single stage trigger on a Impact or any other FX airgun can be very dangerous.
The only sear engagement you have in case of a single stage trigger is maybe just 0.05 to 0.1mm, and it can let off a round when you drop it, accidentally bump it or fart, even with the safety on.
(Or you have to adjust the safety set screw really, really tight, and take out all of the slack)

The first stage is there for a reason, namely to have more sear engagement and to ensure a safe trigger system.
By turning out the first stage, this safety is gone.

It is way more difficult to get a second stage trigger with a light let off weight.
I've been fiddling around with different springs and polishing, but with higher hammer spring tension, it is very hard to get a light trigger pull which will still reset after releasing the trigger from second stage.

Of course everybody may decide to do this for his own, but I certainly do not recommend to make any FX trigger single stage.

"weatherby"Apologies if I sound like a party pooper here, but be aware that a single stage trigger on a Impact or any other FX airgun can be very dangerous.
The only sear engagement you have in case of a single stage trigger is maybe just 0.05 to 0.1mm, and it can let off a round when you drop it, accidentally bump it or fart, even with the safety on.
(Or you have to adjust the safety set screw really, really tight, and take out all of the slack)

The first stage is there for a reason, namely to have more sear engagement and to ensure a safe trigger system.

It is way more difficult to get a second stage trigger with a light let off weight.
I've been fiddling around with different springs and polishing, but with higher hammer spring tension, it is very hard to get a light trigger pull which will still reset after releasing the trigger from second stage.

Of course everybody may decide to do this for his own, but I certainly do not recommend to make any FX trigger single stage.

Man weatherby,

you must have a lot of creep on your 2nd stage break--that's what happen when you have a lot of sear engagement, dont matter if 

you have one stage or two stage you can set the sear engagement .005-.01mm ,well there goes your safety factor if that's what you call it----if you want the sear to 'break like glass" 

cock the gun down range prior to shooting and decock if unable to shoot right away----> that's the true safety --in fact I never trust or use a safety. 

"sniperlabyo"
"weatherby"Apologies if I sound like a party pooper here, but be aware that a single stage trigger on a Impact or any other FX airgun can be very dangerous.

Man weatherby,

you must have a lot of creep on your 2nd stage break--that's what happen when you have a lot of sear engagement, dont matter if 

you have one stage or two stage you can set the sear engagement .005-.01mm ,well there goes your safety factor if that's what you call it----if you want the sear to 'break like glass" 

cock the gun down range prior to shooting and decock if unable to shoot right away----> that's the true safety --in fact I never trust or use a safety. 

Hi Ernest, mine breaks like glass as well, but due to the design of these triggers, they will never be as light as some others e.g. a HW100 trigger.

I have changed the sear spring for a ballpoint spring, and altered the tension of this spring in a way it is always able to reset after releasing the first stage of the trigger with the HST set to "max"

When you pull the first stage, you "arm" the sear until the ball bearing of the set screw makes contact with the pin in the trigger housing. This is the second stage.
You can set it so tight, that it feels like it does not creep at all. 
Unfortunately, the spring behind the ball bearing inside the set screw is too heavy IMO, and even worse, not adjustable.
That's the reason why the let off weight is always a bit on the heavy side.

Speaking of creep, I have had the sear set so tight it didn't even reset anymore because it was binding on the slightest chamfer of the "pacman".
A slight turn in clockwise direction of the set screw with the ball bearing inside made it able to reset again after releasing the trigger from first stage.

This phenomenon often occurs with Royales as well.
When the first stage doesn't reset, a slight turn in clockwise direction of the "spring-loaded-ball-bearing-set-screw" does the trick :)

I wish the impact trigger could be set just as nice as the one of a Royale, then it would make the impact an even better gun.
The FX match trigger (Boss/Royale ft and br) can be setup in a way it is in a completely different league. I have adjusted the trigger of my Royale FT in such a way, it competes with my LG110's trigger. Really nice unit :) 

cheers, Gijs

"AirSupply"Hi Gijs, Just to Clarify as I understand from the video this is now how all new Impacts come as standard. 
It is an improvement FX has introduced not Ernst. 
Ernst please correct me if I'm wrong. 
Michael
Hey Michael, I know, but my story was more pointing to making the Impact trigger a single stage unit :)
My Impact is one of the latest generation, and it has indeed the dual trigger support.
This makes it a bit more reliable if one would like to set it up as a single stage unit, but the older ones are only supported from one side.
This makes the sear less stable because it can move around more than the dual supported trigger, hence my warning about turning out the first stage.
Ernest mentioned something about bonding/glueing a support bushing into the receiver housing of first gen. Impacts, which is a good idea IMO to make the trigger system more stable.

cheers, Gijs

Ok I'm getting a bit mixed up as I thought it was one and the same thing. That is the new bushing was the thing that made the trigger one stage. 
I do wish there was a fix for the trigger. I struggle to stay relaxed and not pull shots when I have to make that extra effort to get the shot away. 
I have tried adjusting it but put it strait back where it was because it got worse! 
I need to study it more and understand what's going on. 
Thanks for clarification. 
Michael