• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Issues...

BlizzardI wouldn't even respond to these people. These guys from the yellow forum just don't stop! :)

And you must be from a special MC forum, right!?

No one in cursing FX guns (or AoA for that matter) in this thread. It's a new design and will have initial problems. We are owners of FX rifles and discussing any issues with our rifles is none of your business to chime in labelling us as such and such.

TomincoI've got a couple of comments about a few posts. Being one of the very first Impact owners in the world, I've had a lot of time with this rifle. I've made all of the adjustments covered under the warranty and some that are not covered (voiding the warranty) as well as experiments that would surely void the warranty as well. However, being a novice "tuner" I have not dismantled the inner workings even remotely as much as Sniperlabyo has.

Wellgun - It's great to see the support you've gotten from the members of this forum and I'm happy to hear you have a new Impact to enjoy! "so I will try to go back to the “factory settings” (I took a picture and marked the screws position)," I'm REALLY happy to hear that you did this! I recommend starting a log book, with factory settings, to all Impact owners that plan on making adjustments. 

Nieces - I'm one of those ones that hasn't had any problems (other than those I've caused myself). I think there are a lot of Impact out there that are functioning just fine. 

BRS - "a large factor in the reported ‘issues’ is down to user adjustments or “tinkering”, that doesn’t cover everything of course." I agree that this is definitely a factor with some the issues being reported. I'm not necessarily referring to Wellgun and his issue either. Also that's some good advise, suggesting contacting FX for some help.

Verve - search around AGN for other impact threads. I know I've seen one that addresses this issue. Also, take a close look at how your thumbscrew is engaging your barrel. It might give you some information as to how to solve you issue. 

As far as trigger adjusting goes. The FX Impact Manual is a great place to reference instructional material for making adjustments to the rifle. It is important to follow the instructions as prescribed by the manufacturer. In some cases (regulator in particular), making adjustments out of sequence can possibly result in damages.
Happy Shooting!
Tom

Thanks Tom.

Been following the manual. Both Impact and WC are excellent. With any rifle that allows this level of tweeks is bound to result in a user error at some point that would require a fix. It's a learning curve, no complains here. Sometimes access to good gunsmiths is an issue so questions on forums will come.

"thornstein"Unfortunately, I can't help you with the Impact. Don't have one YET. But your English is very good. I thought you were an ex-pat from the states or something.
Don't worry ! everything is sorted up ! and i will post my review this evening ! :) btw, thanks a lot, i learned english by myself, since i though i might need it in the future ^^ and i was right ! i learned mainly with youtube videos, including ted vids ! ^^