• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact in .357 question

I’m looking at the impact in .357. I’d like to use it for coyote sized game and maybe deer if my state approves it down the road. 

Only thing I’m concerned with it’s a made for pellets not slugs. Woudl I still get the accuracy from a slug? 
Would an 80 gr pellet be enough for head and neck shots or should I stick to a slug.

Would the gun be quieter then my Texan or bulldog? I’ve owned both Benjamin bulldogs and the Texan in .457. Both were on the loud side.

No kidding!! And yes I hear ya about the runners... 98% runners for sure with body shots. 
As it is right now I’m 100% mid neck shot and that drops them on the spot.
I’m just lost and am kinda getting sick of spending money on things that don’t work.

If I could be guaranteed that the gun will shoot single hole out to 50 yards and the pellet or slug will drop a dog I would order one right now. I’ve spoken with some tunners but they won’t tune or guarantee a slug in the gun and say they will with a pellet. 

Bigbuck, I got one the other day with a .35 cricket at 830fps with a pellet. 65 yards behind the shoulder total pass through and flattened him. Ran, more or less tumbled, 5 yards and was done. After that I have zero intrest in slugs out of this gun!

Awesome 👏 I was always worried about a pellet not expanding and just zipping threw not leaving a wound channel. I may have to look harder at my choice then. 

The .35 Hybrid Liner is being worked on...the 68 gr Hybrid is expanding to 70 cal+ @ 100 yards in Clear Ballistics Gel with a MV of 930 FPS...average penetration was 6” which is about perfect for a body shot on a yote.

I got 2 shots at one a couple of months ago but the slug dropped much less than I anticipated at 120 yards and they went right over his back - haven’t had a chance to get out again since then.

I didn’t have good results with them out of the pellet liner. I was getting 3/4 to 1/2 MOA @ 100 yards with my slug test barrel & shot 1.5 MOA all day long with it.

Reg @ 165 bar, max hammer spring & valve about 2.5 lines out.

Hope that helps!