• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Impact Huma regulator install

These regulators are available now in three pressure ranges. https://www.huma-air.com/FX-Impact-Tuning-Regulator

Edit > Fits Impact X before serial number 183534

The High Pressure range, 80-150 Bar, what will suit all calibers within the normal FAC range.
The Extra High Pressure range, 145-190 Bar, when you want to have extreme settings.
The Low Pressure range, 50-90 Bar, specially for sub 12 ft/lbs models.

Mmmmmm..... Having just rebuilt my regulator, I like the Huma design. Installation seems straight forward enough, just that you develop a feel for the amount of pressure needed by doing it a couple of times. I built the installation tool, and that made installing the post a lot easier as I knew I couldn't damage it. It took quite a bit of pressure to get the post over the internal O-Ring, but once in, the rest went together like a charm.

The Huma design differs mainly with the adjustment screw using a screwdriver rather than an allen wrench meaning you can install the reg in one piece with a screwdriver. Makes initial adjustment a bit easier.

Not sure it's worth making the change, but good option.

I had purchased the Huma reg. HP standard (with 14 washers) for my impact X with 16mm piston and have the simlar issue of the reg not letting any air thru / locking up.

It was suggested by HUMA to add two more bellvile washers.

My question is, what is the orientation for the two added bellvile washers..

1. Both washers staked together and follow the same direction as the last original washer? 

2. Both washer opposing each other?

3.Both washers stacked together then face the bottom of the piston?

I don't think the Huma piston is long enough for 16 washers. I think you need to subtract 1 for a total of 13 to get the piston in further past the o-ring.

If you want to add 2 washers as Huma suggested use this pic... the washers go where the red line is at the big end of the piston. Be sure you have the little white valve disk in place.

1541110629_21358244125bdb7b65a64487.00222566_Huma Reg.jpg

I just fitted a Huma reg to my Mk0 Impact (old school Smooth Twist) and I had a bear of a time getting it to

1. Seal and not leak and
  2. Adjust pressure properly. 
    [/LIST=1]

I also found that the aluminum used for the body is quite soft and scratches with a screwdriver easy. 

I was not pleased with the end result and the pressure varies quite a bit. I followed the video and the paper instructions to the letter, but probably used too much lube on the washers, so the pressure may be taking a while to settle in. The leak was through the weep hole and was caused by the body orings not seating well. I had to unscrew and screw in the reg body several times to get it to seal after loosing several bottles of air. The pressure adjustment screw is very sensitive - about 1 minute on the clock face per 1 bar - very hard to get right and you have to degass each time to lower pressure. 

Also, how do you tell a yellow from green washer, once you disassemble? I did not disassemble for fear of getting them mixed up. I might have screwed something up in the assembly, but these Huma regs for Impacts don't seem to be on par with the ones I have used in BSA and Streamlines. In the end, I may remove and go back to the factory reg - there wasn't that much wrong with it.

Also, I might add - adjusting the reg with a small screwdriver is tough to do with the trigger in place. The allen key with a ball head is much easier on the FX standard ones. 

Dan

I also have two white valve disk do they both go I. The bottom of the regulator?

Only one white disc goes in. The other is a spare.

I'm not sure how to answer your other question. Bellville washers are curved so they go like this )) (( )) (( )) ((

I put a space between pairs to make it easy to see. Ignore the red color in the previous picture, it just denotes additional washers.