• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact, Has anyone on here know of anyone shooting an Impact in Field Target?

Shot a match yesterday with a fella shooting a m3. Did ok but he said it took him a while to get it to where it was. I shot a maverick for a year before giving up. Have a ghost now and love it so much I’m parting with my red wolf
Are you using the Ghost for FT? What makes it better than a RW, especially in FT?

-Marty

I've used a gen 1, wasn't impressed. Ended up with a pulsar instead. Now using a crown in a sabre chassis

There isnt a problem you can't overcome, and you can still enjoy the event. I wouldn't pick it as my first choice ( or even my 3rd choice), but if that is your only rifle, jump in, learn it, shoot it and most important, have fun!
FT is so much fun, you could grab a Wally world springer and still enjoy the day...

Reactions: qball
I have tried to shoot mine in HFT. I wouldn’t waste my time with it. If your just have to have a FX then I would go with a Royal or crown or dream line. But if you’re open for other suggestions I am absolutely loving my Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari. You don’t have to tune it or anything just take it out the box throw a scope on and 10.34 pellets and shoot. Very accurate.

Are you using the Ghost for FT? What makes it better than a RW, especially in FT?

-Marty
I like they way the ghost handles its just as steady on styx as the wolf and i think a bit better standing ( thats pretty subjective but i have a bad back) I also think its just as accurate but so is my revere(not quite as steady on styx- lighter) and its mechanical I don’t like electronics on a gun. Check the bcsa results im in there

Reactions: MartyMcFly
I like they way the ghost handles its just as steady on styx as the wolf and i think a bit better standing ( thats pretty subjective but i have a bad back) I also think its just as accurate but so is my revere(not quite as steady on styx- lighter) and its mechanical I don’t like electronics on a gun. Check the bcsa results im in there
How do you think the Ghost would work for open class. I also have a bad back and looking for something liter?

I have shot many FT matches with an .22 and .177 FX M3 at CASA SoCal events. Even managed some first scores in HFT and overall.

Now shooting a USFT which greatly simplifies operation and scores have increased.

Shoot what you like, make the experience your own formula for fun. For me the FX M3 is a generalist power platform that can be tweaked quite a bit.

Reactions: qball
How do you think the Ghost would work for open class. I also have a bad back and looking for something liter?
I wouldn’t say the ghost is heavy or light probably about average for what most older guys in ft shoot. It is lighter than a Thomas! I see no reason for anyone shooting any class ft with a ghost i like mine alot even though the hp version has a few shortcomings for ft, but how many guns can shoot 13.4’s to 810-815 consistently with a sd of 2 and not need air for a match?

I wouldn’t say the ghost is heavy or light probably about average for what most older guys in ft shoot. It is lighter than a Thomas! I see no reason for anyone shooting any class ft with a ghost i like mine alot even though the hp version has a few shortcomings for ft, but how many guns can shoot 13.4’s to 810-815 consistently with a sd of 2 and not need air for a match?
Did you mean to say you see no reason [not] to shoot one for FT. What are the shortcomings do you mean.I shoot a Thomas and weights 14lbs. It's a bit heavy for a 74 year old.

Did you mean to say you see no reason [not] to shoot one for FT. What are the shortcomings do you mean.I shoot a Thomas and weights 14lbs. It's a bit heavy for a 74 year old.
You are correct i forgot the not. Just went out in the shop and weighed my ghost hp with 0 db , scope wheel, athlon argos gen 2 6-24 ffp , shade and prc single shot loader and after mkt grip and butt pad on my archery scale and it weighed 11 pounds oh it has sling mounts on it. So a regular ghost would be a bit lighter still. I have the high power and changed the hammer spring for the lightest brk has and don’t get very much if any real adjustment am currently looking for a source of a lighter spring still. The trigger is 26 oz which is as light as i can get it stock. But as stated earlier it really shoots 13.4’s well. I might have been better of with the regular power version cause frank link seems to really like his also for ft. I wanted the hp do do some experimenting for hunting season. Other than the trigger and the power wheel i believe it is truely an exceptional air rifle!!

Reactions: Ljutic
You are correct i forgot the not. Just went out in the shop and weighed my ghost hp with 0 db , scope wheel, athlon argos gen 2 6-24 ffp , shade and prc single shot loader and after mkt grip and butt pad on my archery scale and it weighed 11 pounds oh it has sling mounts on it. So a regular ghost would be a bit lighter still. I have the high power and changed the hammer spring for the lightest brk has and don’t get very much if any real adjustment am currently looking for a source of a lighter spring still. The trigger is 26 oz which is as light as i can get it stock. But as stated earlier it really shoots 13.4’s well. I might have been better of with the regular power version cause frank link seems to really like his also for ft. I wanted the hp do do some experimenting for hunting season. Other than the trigger and the power wheel i believe it is truely an exceptional air rifle!!
Are you able to get below 20 ft/lbs with the HP?