• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact hammer spring tension changing after 20 - 30 shots

In my impact .22 cal, I maxed out my hammer spring tension till there is no ply in the moving piece near the power wheel. Recently i noticed some ply in the moving piece, as if the adjusting screw is loosening itself. I screwed it in again, But it comes loose after 20-30 shoots.

Because of this my fps in jumping all over from 840 - 870 when set in power 2. After maxing out the screw it was shooting very nicely only 10 fps spread ( AVG 875 FPS) for 18 shoot group and i am getting below 1" group at 50 yards.

If anyone know what is the cause of the problem pls help me. before identifying this i suspected my regulator and changed the o rings few times. also changed my reg piston rod. so i thing my reg is as good as new.

# (After i maxed the power wheel screw for the first time i heard cracking noise few times when cocking the gun. At that time i thought it was from hammer spring.

now there is no such noise. but the screw is loosening itself.)