FX impact groups @ 40yrds, hope this works

First let me say I don't have one so i'm spit balling. First since you don't have a Chrony yet I would copy that chart Micheal made awhile ago about the FPS he go with different valve settings and side wheel settings. Second I would take the valve back to 4 and just shoot 5 sets of 5 groups at 50 or 70 just rotating the side wheel one set per group and see what you get starting a Max 5-1 then Min 1-5. I don't believe you hold or technic or rest is going to cause pellets to spiral. Oh and yeah clean your barrel :). You should do the normal and heavy Mk 1 or Mk2 whatever you have again. If its spiraling at 70yds its most like spiraling at 50 yards.

"travels4fun"Have you shot yours beyond 60 yards yet? I'm curious to see how your Impact is grouping between 70-85 yards.

Mine falls apart beyond 50-55 yards. Here is what I am seeing.

What do you think?
You may also want to try and remove the end cap off of the shroud. Light clipping (even if you visually can't see it) could cause the pellets to spiral.

"Ginuwine1969"First let me say I don't have one so i'm spit balling. First since you don't have a Chrony yet I would copy that chart Micheal made awhile ago about the FPS he go with different valve settings and side wheel settings. Second I would take the valve back to 4 and just shoot 5 sets of 5 groups at 50 or 70 just rotating the side wheel one set per group and see what you get starting a Max 5-1 then Min 1-5. I don't believe you hold or technic or rest is going to cause pellets to spiral. Oh and yeah clean your barrel :). You should do the normal and heavy Mk 1 or Mk2 whatever you have again. If its spiraling at 70yds its most like spiraling at 50 yards.
I have a chronograph and didn't see any velocity issues. Here are the last 4 sets I shot using my chronograph :I had power set to Max and the valve at 4 lines showing.

Set: 1
Created: 12/03/15 03:00 PM
Average: 857.2 FPS
SD: 3.0 FPS
Min: 852 FPS
Max: 865 FPS
Spread: 13 FPS
--------------------------------------------
Set: 2
Created: 12/03/15 03:07 PM
Average: 866.7 FPS
SD: 3.9 FPS
Min: 862 FPS
Max: 879 FPS
Spread: 17 FPS
Set: 3
Created: 12/03/15 03:21 PM
Average: 865.7 FPS
SD: 4.0 FPS
Min: 859 FPS
Max: 875 FPS
Spread: 16 FPS
Set: 4
Created: 12/03/15 03:28 PM
Average: 867.1 FPS
SD: 3.1 FPS
Min: 860 FPS
Max: 875 FPS
Spread: 15 FPS

OP Edit: truncated the chrono sets to minimize the length of the post.

"Michael"
"travels4fun"Have you shot yours beyond 60 yards yet? I'm curious to see how your Impact is grouping between 70-85 yards.

Mine falls apart beyond 50-55 yards. Here is what I am seeing.

What do you think?
You may also want to try and remove the end cap off of the shroud. Light clipping (even if you visually can't see it) could cause the pellets to spiral.
@Michael I tried that too. The POI shifted slightly but spiraling continued.

"coonslayer"what valve setting and power wheel setting are you using to get your speed with the heavy's. since my chrony hasn't arrived yet. and what do you use as a "cleaner" after running patches.
Power Wheel: MAX
Valve: 4 lines vertical lines

I use a patchworm with cotton patches with Ballistol. I run 2 wet, 2 dry until the last patch is clean. Typically takes no more than 10 patches.

"Ted"[This info has been taken almost verbatim from my video review of this gun. The reason it has taken me considerable time to make it is because of the idiosyncrasies of .25 JSB Heavy pellet. Every pellet has a distinct relationship with a barrel. To shoot the Heavy .25 pellet well from Smooth Twist barrels (and perhaps all barrels), you need to understand that relationship]

The JSB Heavy .25 is a remarkable pellet. It has shown me accuracy and consistency better than any other pellet in ST barrels. BUT - it is also a more "sensitive" pellet than any other JSB. First, it likes to leave the muzzle at a slower speed than the 25gr JSB Kings. I found 870fps to be the fastest speed possible, while maintaining maximum accuracy. It is also the first (and only) JSB pellet that likes the smooth twist barrels CLEAN. Giving the gun a few patches and cleaner after each tin (300) of pellets will keep the gun shooting its best.

If you prefer to buy a gun and "just shoot it", not wanting to do any homework, maintenance, research, I recommend you just stick to the JSB King 25gr. They are not picky in the least, and shoot as well as we've come to expect. Just set the gun to 900fps, and enjoy. ;) 

And, the MK2 Heavies may very well prove to be less sensitive than the MK1's. Their skirts are said to be a smaller diameter. I have read positive reviews. I have ordered some and will post my findings.

Here are 16 shots @ 100 yards, using My FX Impact .25 and JSB King Heavy MK1 34gr @ 860fps. My zero was at 50 yards. The holdover (12.5") is on par with the JSB King 25gr, despite shooting 50-60 fps slower. The ballistic coefficient of this pellet is very good. *And note shots 3 and 4 both were low. A tail wind came over the bunker and caused a very slight down draft. I did not think such a subtle wind could have an effect. Goes to show you how little wind it takes to throw pellets around at 100 yards. :) When the wind stopped, the group returned to the original POI.

did you publish this video on you tube under a differant channel name?

Very interesting I did test the heavies and then JSB sent me the MKII before they hit the market to test I found that in my rifle they like the speed of 933fps...I would say that it would depend on a few things... one thing that I have found to be true is the length of the barrel...with a longer barrel I can go higher in speed then with a shorter barrel, Next is the skirt fit,,,, the MKII fits better the the first heavies. But you have to find the speed that they fly good at out of a barrel.